[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for commishes using MFL

hezagenius

I've had some players sniped out from under me in the past. I don't think the commish is cheating necessarily but if they get notifications and see someone wants to pick up a player and then they're like "oh that reminds me that I wanted that player" and then they can set up their own waiver request to get him if they have a higher priority. I'm sure it's too late to do anything about this week's waivers but I'll send out a league email tomorrow.

On the left side where all the links are, there is a section called "League" Under that is a link to "League Bylaws". Click on that.

In the bylaws page, the 2nd section is called "Abilities Setup". The last thing listed in that section is the Commissioner Lockout setting.

yeah but, why does MFL even allow it as an option???

Usually before seasons start, especially in dynasty's, the commish privelalidge is always on to compete roster adjustments. Once rosters have been finalized, the commish usually turns off league access. Especially the ability to see ww claims

Edited by tazinib1

Yes in MFL the commissioner needs to lock himself out from seeing waiver wire bids and other teams trade offers. Why this is even a thing? Maybe to be able to check for collusion? Im not sure. When a commissioner lock himself out the league gets an email notification and if he ever unlocks it the league also gets an email. Locking out also stops the commissioner from doing a few other things like adding and deleting teams. Just ask the commissioner to lockout.

• Like 2

Is there a reason a commissioner wouldn't turn off that ability?

No.

Commish has to turn it back on to perform any actions on behalf of one of the teams, but that is not a common need and it is very easy to switch it back and forth.

Commish should turn it off until someone asks him to fix something.

No.

Commish has to turn it back on to perform any actions on behalf of one of the teams, but that is not a common need and it is very easy to switch it back and forth.

This ^

Generally you're only fixing something for a team after waivers anyways. Should not be on come kickoff till waivers complete.

No.

This.

If it is set to off, the commish is truly locked out from performing anything for the league, ie submitting a lineup for another owner.

In all my MFL leagues, it is switched to off when the season starts. If the commish needs to turn it on for any reason, the leaguewide email gets sent (and usually there is the next email saying that the access has been turned off), and usually our commish will send a note explaining why he needed to turn it on - usually because someone did not have internet access and needed to call in a lineup change or FCFS claim.

yeah but, why does MFL even allow it as an option???

Not sure but CBS doesn't let us do that in our league, I have no way as commish to see any waiver requests before they are processed ;)

We can see the keeper list of teams before we set ours, I never look at them. My co-commish has his set 24 hours before our deadline (usually emails them to me) then goes to confirm that everybody has set their keepers, and if not he sends out a league wide reminder.

Seems MFL uses a very broad brush for commish privileges. On CBS a commish can do things like add/drop or set lineup for another team, without turning something on and off regularly, its just part of the standard commissioner access. And moves made using commissioner privilege show as such on the transaction report, so you'd know if I changed your line-up or roster.

But looking at waiver claims, that is not possible ever. (Not sure why it ever would need to be either.) After waivers run their is a history of them, those that cleared and those that didn't, date/time submitted, why waiver claim wasn't granted (player was already acquired, player you tried to drop was already gone).

In any league you have to hope your commish is ethical, otherwise there will always be things they can do (regardless of your league site and its controls) to give them an unfair advantage.

Guys who haven't commished a league on MFL...it is way different than your typical 'big box' site. Think of it as 'open source', the commish can do and see basically everything. That's why MFL is the only site that can handle a fully customized set of rules. Commish powers on sites like NFL, ESPN, and CBS are nowhere near as broad and deep as they are on MFL.

The commish lockout status creates a partition so the commish doesn't have an unfair advantage during the season.