[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees out this week

Scorcher

I've never paid attention to news about a rotator cuff bruise. Only. Rotator cuff tears and the extent of a a tear. I lived through one for a while and had it repaired. Prior to that the arm was getting weaker and weaker. I'm going to wonder if Brees starts throwing ducks when he comes back and if the deep throw to Cooks is removed from the playbook

Brees was pretty candid about his status in his Wednesday presser. Said he took most of the reps today and everything felt good. Said they will see how it responds tomorrow and try to ramp up volume and intensity as the week progresses, but that he's very optimistic. His words "I feel really good about Sunday." The couple negatives were that when asked if he could make all the throws he would need to he kinda laughed and shook his head no and said that the mian issue is the awkward throws during games where his arm is not in a natural throwing motion. I'm guessing he's still experiencing some pain there and maybe it's affecting his accuracy, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Also said that they will make the decision Friday whether he plays or not just like last week so that the offense has time to prepare.

Brees was pretty candid about his status in his Wednesday presser. Said he took most of the reps today and everything felt good. Said they will see how it responds tomorrow and try to ramp up volume and intensity as the week progresses, but that he's very optimistic. His words "I feel really good about Sunday." The couple negatives were that when asked if he could make all the throws he would need to he kinda laughed and shook his head no and said that the mian issue is the awkward throws during games where his arm is not in a natural throwing motion. I'm guessing he's still experiencing some pain there and maybe it's affecting his accuracy, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Also said that they will make the decision Friday whether he plays or not just like last week so that the offense has time to prepare.

Yeah, they are simply making sure the Cowboys don't focus all their game plan energy on one guy. Brees risks the rest of his career by playing so I doubt that he plays before it has significant time to heal. Especially being 0-3.