[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Chargers game thread

Shorttynaz

utterly embarrassing that SD lost that game.... not even sure how its possible.

crappy play calling, defense fell off a cliff, etc etc etc.... ugh

pathetic

Charger fan. Couldn't agree more. I let out a few expletives on that pass to the TE. What the hell are you guys doing?!

Come on man, give my Steelers credit! Everyone was yelling for Tomlin's head after last week, and again he makes a "gut" call and wins the game. Plus, we didn't lose another game because of our kicker, or lack there of.

Bell is going to get a ton of carries before Ben gets back, but he is in the best shape of his life!

Yeah ... it was stupid the week before to put the game into Vick's hands TWICE on critical 4th downs. And while I know the OC calls the plays I am not stupid enough to believe that Tomlin wasn't aware and couldn't have overruled the OC.

So this week they DID get it right ... they put the ball in the hands of the best player on the team (that doesn't require somebody to pass him the ball). I do give them credit for having the balls to risk it all on that one play ... they were going to win with their best player or lose with their best player. Had Bell come up short, I am sure many today would have been saying he should have played it safe and played for OT. If we imagine for a moment that Bell had come up short and PIT loses the game I might have been inclined to support the play call anyway. It isn't like Vick is an inspiring QB/leader of that offense and it isn't like the offense had done anything to make me believe they could win it in OT - so the idea of taking advantage of the offensive momentum they had going at that moment and going with an unexpected and gutsy/risky move is very understandable. Playing it safe doesn't always equal a win.

I noticed I think during the patriots game Sunday that a receiver got out of bounds and the clock kept running. It was first drive of the day though, so nobody seemed to care/notice. Seems like lots of clock managing issues going on, wonder if they recently cleaned house and hired a bunch of young bucks at half pay.

clock only stops on out of bounds play in the last 5 minutes of each half

Guest Ted Goings

clock only stops on out of bounds play in the last 5 minutes of each half

Did you just make that up? Clocks stops every time someone maintains forward momentum going out of bounds. The rules on when it starts again changes the last 2 minutes of the half and last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Edited by Ted Goings

Did you just make that up?

Yes.

There are additional clock stoppage plays in the last 2 minutes of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the last half and overtime. But that clock stoppage play here (after a kickoff) applies anytime in the game.

For an out of bounds play, the above limits apply for a full clock stoppage. Otherwise the clock starts again when the ball is ready for play.

Edited by Big John

Guest Ted Goings

Yes.

There are additional clock stoppage plays in the last 2 minutes of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the last half and overtime. But that clock stoppage play here (after a kickoff) applies anytime in the game.

For an out of bounds play, the above limits apply for a full clock stoppage. Otherwise the clock starts again when the ball is ready for play.

When simultaneous edits result in the same information.

Yes.

To be fair I was thinking that both Inziladun & Zooty were talking about the clock stopping until the ball is snapped again, not the momentary stoppage after a player goes out of bounds (since the clock doesn't stay stopped for long it isn't a true stoppage for most fans, the clock will start again quickly so time keeps running).