[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worried that I might look like I was Colluding

Scorcher

I got offered B Marshall for Bradshaw and a 5th rd pick. The team that made the offer is stacked at WR. His record is 2-5 and mine is 5-1-1. We have a 2 day other manager approval period. I sent him this message: "We will have a better chance if I counter with Bradshaw and J Matthews plus 5th rd pick." Unfortunately it went out to the whole league. I am worried now that because of the way I worded it that it might have sounded devious. I then posted to the league:"Obviously I didn't mean for that to go out to everyone. That's all there is to it.The trade I am negotiating seemed a little lopsided so I was countering to make it more even and have a better chance of getting through the 2 day wait period. Did trading picks go through?"

I am now worried that it all looked devious and like collusion. Where do I go from here? Reject the trade, never reveal what it was? Am I overthinking? if I don't go forward they will be wondering what the trade was. I have been in this league for 8 years and there has never been a question of my integrity. Everybody in this league lives all over so I don't know any of them personally other than the league.

Edited by Scorcher

Ugh. I hate the whole "vote to pass a trade" thing for this very reason. Just because one side is clearly getting the better end of a deal (in most people's eyes) doesn't mean it's wrong, or that it shouldn't "pass." As long as both sides gain SOMETHING, that's good enough for me.

Most of the trades I make (and I make quite a few), I feel like I got the better end of the deal. Some more than others. At worst, I feel it was a push (but it filled a need, so I'm good with it). But, regardless, a trade shouldn't have to be dead even to be considered OK. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gopher

And that's exactly how I would explain it. Sadly, you felt the need to change the deal, just so others would vote to allow you to run your team as you see fit. How ridiculous is that, when you think about it? So, I don't see anything wrong with what you said. The process is the problem (and the fact that owners have to tweak deals to circumvent the broken process makes it even worse).

I would say you're overthinking, which is exactly what I'd be doing :) Sadly the owner approval periods sets up this kind of stuff, where owners need to tweak their trades to be more fair so they aren't vetoed.

And that's exactly how I would explain it. Sadly, you felt the need to change the deal, just so others would vote to allow you to run your team as you see fit. How ridiculous is that, when you think about it? So, I don't see anything wrong with what you said. The process is the problem (and the fact that owners have to tweak deals to circumvent the broken process makes it even worse).

That is so true about sweetening the trade. I countered with Bradshaw, Seferian-Jenkins and 5th rd pick.

you are overthinking +1

trade speaks for itself ...seems a lil lopsided but not nearly enough that should be veto'd

guy could have gotten more for marshall...but good on you for making it work

the guy who can put together a great trade in his favor SHOULD be envied....that's what its about....shouldn't be penalized by the other league mates because they couldn't pull it off

don't press the wrong buttons next time and submit private convo's for the league to see...knucklehead :brow:

• Like 1

Best advice yet! lol

Pressing the wrong button happens. One year late at night I was reviewing a trade offer, not going to accept, typed my comment explaining that with a ideas on a counter offer, then pressed the accept button instead of deny by mistake. I quickly emailed the commish and other owner saying 'oops pressed wrong button comment was clear I'm not accepting, please don't approve/process the trade.' Nobody had any issue with that.

why wouldn't the guy with Marshall try to get more for him?

One reason is his other receivers are A Brown, D Thomas, A Robinson, J Brown, K Wright , and R Woods, he went the Wr first route and did manage to get Forsett. The main thing he wants is the pick. He is 2-5 and looking at next year.

Is this on MFL? I believe there's an option to turn the comments to where only the teams involved (and maybe the commish) see them.

Sometimes you do put commentary in there that you'd rather not be public. I believe we turned this feature on in one of my leagues on MFL.