[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope y'all have high waiver priority .

Boy Named Suh

What's garbage about it? How is it not the most fair? You save your waiver, or you burn it. Blind bidding is too arbitrary. Team a bids $50 and team b bids $51 and wins? What is this? Price is Right?

You may need to look up the meaning of the word 'arbitrary'

FAB is the only was to do free agents. Waiting in line based on record is pretty dumb.

blah-blah-blah our way of running a fantasy league is the only way to do fantasy the rest of you are dumb

Honestly I get so tired of this nonsenes whether it is FAB, PPR, IDP, 4 or 6 pt for passing TDs, MFL over any other site, etc. It lends nothing to a discussion to say this, just makes you look like a pompous jerk (whether its you or anybody else here, even a member of the staff).

By the way, play in a league with deeper benches, then DWill isn't even on the waivers (like mine).

Then of course the thread devolves into a pissing match on who has the proper way to run their (the really bad word)ing league. Serisouly is that what this thread is about?

• Like 1

The league I am in just moves people to the end of the waiver list after they get a player off the waiver wire. It has nothing to do with the teams record.

Many leagues that use a waiver order (vs some form of bidding) will reset their waiver order regularly based on record. Most will do it every week, that is what we do. I believe after the draft all players are free agents until the first week's games, so waivers don't come into play then.

Some leagus may reset waiver order by record only every few weeks, that is what I'd like to see ours change to so that

PS Not every league will want to do a bidding free agent system, it requires more work to track that info (most league sites can do it) and more strategy by the owners. But you'll be told you're dumb and a loser for not doing it, since there's only one way to do things according to some people.

After handily beating the Bell owner this week in my 14-team PPR league to retake first place, I'll be happy to take Williams from him with my #1 waiver spot. Nothing like adding insult to injury. Best part is, he had #1 waiver priority 2 weeks ago and he blew it on Starks after his big game. Whoops.

In my 10-team half-PPR league where I own Bell you better believe I was carrying Williams (and Tevin Coleman for that matter). There are certain handcuffs that are requirements and those 2 are (were?) on the list.

Many leagues that use a waiver order (vs some form of bidding) will reset their waiver order regularly based on record. Most will do it every week, that is what we do. I believe after the draft all players are free agents until the first week's games, so waivers don't come into play then.

Some leagus may reset waiver order by record only every few weeks, that is what I'd like to see ours change to so that

PS Not every league will want to do a bidding free agent system, it requires more work to track that info (most league sites can do it) and more strategy by the owners. But you'll be told you're dumb and a loser for not doing it, since there's only one way to do things according to some people.

Regardless, I'm just going to point out that FAB is the fairest way of performing waivers. Everyone has the same opportunity to get a player. It really puts the onus on the owner's knowledge and team management skills.

Regardless, I'm just going to point out that FAB is the fairest way of performing waivers. Everyone has the same opportunity to get a player. It really puts the onus on the owner's knowledge and team management skills.

Thanks, I didn't get that the last few times somebody pointed it out. WTF is the point of pointing it out anyway. Do you go into threads discussing what defense to start and post that IDP is the better way to play defenses?

The league I am in just moves people to the end of the waiver list after they get a player off the waiver wire. It has nothing to do with the teams record.

Exactly. WW rotation isnt based on your record in all leagues. In some it depends on how you play the wire. We run waivers and then we have first come first serve. I have one guy out of 12 that complains about that method. The rest of us are fine with it.

blah-blah-blah our way of running a fantasy league is the only way to do fantasy the rest of you are dumb

Honestly I get so tired of this nonsenes whether it is FAB, PPR, IDP, 4 or 6 pt for passing TDs, MFL over any other site, etc. It lends nothing to a discussion to say this, just makes you look like a pompous jerk (whether its you or anybody else here, even a member of the staff).

By the way, play in a league with deeper benches, then DWill isn't even on the waivers (like mine).

Then of course the thread devolves into a pissing match on who has the proper way to run their smoochieing league. Serisouly is that what this thread is about?

Steve. Gil is a crabby old lady that wears socks with sandals and chases kids off the lawn . Haven't you figured this out by now ?

Steve. Gil is a crabby old lady that wears socks with sandals and chases kids off the lawn . Haven't you figured this out by now ?

Kind of (I can be a crabby person too), but he isn't the only one and this is a common thing here that is really annying. Regardless of the aspect of FF that is involved, there is no right or wrong way to do it, whatever works for your league is all that matters.

So if you want or need to pick up 2 players in a 12 team league, you can pick up a player and then wait for all other GM's to pick their players, then you get to make your 2nd pick.

Or - you can outbid all GM's for both players you want/need.

First scenario is blah blah blah dumb.

Kind of (I can be a crabby person too), but he isn't the only one and this is a common thing here that is really annying. Regardless of the aspect of FF that is involved, there is no right or wrong way to do it, whatever works for your league is all that matters.

Hey if it works for your league power to you, others think that FAB is the fairest way possible way for all players so they will bring this up probably because more then anything it is hard to understand why leagues wouldn't want the fairest system in place.

Also if you have ever ripped someone for a 8 or lower team league, how is that any different then what you are complaining about here?

After this week I've decided I'm gonna do a FAAB budget on our league next year. This week has been brutal and just stopped my championship run dead in it's tracks. It's bad news when I'm relying on McFadden week in and week out. Here's to hoping I can at least grab Aiken or someone off waivers cuz I got bad waiver priority in all my leagues.

What's garbage about it? How is it not the most fair? You save your waiver, or you burn it. Blind bidding is too arbitrary. Team a bids $50 and team b bids $51 and wins? What is this? Price is Right?

Really? Just giving a random team or the worst team, first shot at the best FAs is fair? Please, that's just ridiculous! Everyone deserves an equal shot at the best available players during a bidding period and depending on how well they manage their money, depends on how long they'll have it and can bid. Once it's gone, they'll have to wait for the FCFS period to start. Best system without question.

Strategy is involved in blind bidding as well as a WW rotation system. I also would be surprised if Williams is available in most leagues. He is a clear handcuff and did awesome when Bell was on suspension. Always handcuff your studs. Just like I did , with Knile Davis :bag:

Strategy is involved in blind bidding as well as a WW rotation system. I also would be surprised if Williams is available in most leagues. He is a clear handcuff and did awesome when Bell was on suspension. Always handcuff your studs. Just like I did , with Knile Davis :bag:

LoL.

I did the same thing in multiple leagues.

Edited by irish

Since I now have the #5 waiver pick should I just overlook DeAngelo Williams because he will probably be picked before that and just focus on Jeremy Langford?

Why overlook? Just put a bid on everyone, drop the same player for each one, this prioritize your bid and hope you get one.

+1

Hey if it works for your league power to you, others think that FAB is the fairest way possible way for all players so they will bring this up probably because more then anything it is hard to understand why leagues wouldn't want the fairest system in place.

Also if you have ever ripped someone for a 8 or lower team league, how is that any different then what you are complaining about here?

My point is we don't need to heraeit in every thread discussing getting a player on waivers. I don't play IDP so if there are posts about that I don't bother reading or commenting. I certainly don't post "IDP is OCD nerds, team defense is best." If you don't play in a league that has waivers why comment on this thread with "my way is better you're dumb". Who cares, and it has no value to the discussion. (And I

've wasted more time than I should on this and won't discuss it further.)

Yes I have ripped on posts from people in small leagues trying to decide which of their 5 stud WR they'll sit. But I'm not telling them that "my way is better and they're dumb."

After this week I've decided I'm gonna do a FAAB budget on our league next year. This week has been brutal and just stopped my championship run dead in it's tracks. It's bad news when I'm relying on McFadden week in and week out. Here's to hoping I can at least grab Aiken or someone off waivers cuz I got bad waiver priority in all my leagues.

You've decided? Do the owners get a voice in this league? Has any other owner been hit by injuries before and had their championship run stopped because of it? Sorry but that post makes it sound like you make all the decisions for your league and make them to favor your team.

You've decided? Do the owners get a voice in this league? Has any other owner been hit by injuries before and had their championship run stopped because of it? Sorry but that post makes it sound like you make all the decisions for your league and make them to favor your team.

Of course they get a voice, our first year doing PPR and it was a league-wide vote. I don't know how this decision would benefit my team, It'd benefit my team if it were in place right now, certainly. But with talks of going to a full auction league next year, might as well implement FAAB next year and what better of a week to see how it can be a season changer than this one. Seems more fair and of course I would rather have FAAB now but it's not like i'm changing anything mid-season so I fail to see how my bias really negatively affects anyone.

Edited by Inziladun

Of course they get a voice, our first year doing PPR and it was a league-wide vote. I don't know how this decision would benefit my team, It'd benefit my team if it were in place right now, certainly. But with talks of going to a full auction league next year, might as well implement FAAB next year and what better of a week to see how it can be a season changer than this one. Seems more fair and of course I would rather have FAAB now but it's not like i'm changing anything mid-season so I fail to see how my bias really negatively affects anyone.

By benefit your team I meant the way you phrased your post how waivers are costing you a championship run so you're going to change to FAAB. And the way you said "I'm changing this" sounded like one of those commissioners that makes all the decisions for their league and tells the owners "I decided to...."

I've co-commished my league for over 20 years, we never say "I/we are doing this" no decision is made without a league wide vote. Sounds like I misunderstood and you meant you'll be proposing or suggesting this rule change.

Since I now have the #5 waiver pick should I just overlook DeAngelo Williams because he will probably be picked before that and just focus on Jeremy Langford?

Looks like the #5 waiver pick isn't going to amount to much. Good luck getting nobody that will make a difference.

I get that, but I'm the commissioner for a bunch of friends that are essentially family. So I'm not really official in a manner as to purposefully not be misinterpreted. As such I wouldn't really even get away with anything like that, but I understand where you're coming from. We've passed the commissioner torch every year, I took the job this year under the pretense that I won last year and I was the only one not lazy enough to actually do it, so I figured I'd do it again next year unless someone steps up and begs for the job. But it's been in the conversation since the league started ever since I had instant regret after week 1 in not making this a keeper league, as it's something I've always wanted to do. In that conversation majority agreed on an auction keeper league next year, FAAB will most likely be implemented because I'm the only one that'll bring it up... lol.