[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon possibly reinstated Feb 3rd

michaelredd9

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

Report: Josh Gordon is doing 'outstanding'

Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon is eligible to apply for reinstatement to the NFL on February 3, and the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports Gordon is going "outstanding."

The news of Gordon "doing outstanding" probably comes from his agent, but it's nice to hear nonetheless. Gordon will turn 25 years old next April and still has a chance at a productive NFL future if he can keep his head on straight and start passing drug tests. As Gordon's base salary was "tolled" during his ban, he remains under the Browns' contractual control for 2016.
Dec 16 - 8:13 PM

Held him all season for my dynasty league. I am hoping he is clean and is ready to play football. Also, I hope he gets traded away from Cleveland.

• Like 1

Good! Despite making some dumb mistakes he actually seems like an intelligent young man, and has all the talent in the world. Hopefully he really does turn it around this time.

Haha what makes you think he is an intelligent, young man? He has thrown millions of dollars away for Josh Gordon. While I disagree with how harshly the NFL punishes for Josh Gordon, you have to abide by the rules. I have zero faith that he is not going to screw up again.

Good! Despite making some dumb mistakes he actually seems like an intelligent young man, and has all the talent in the world. Hopefully he really does turn it around this time.

Seems intelligent how? He was told he could not drink by the NFL during his suspension in 2014. And the day after the season ended he got on a plane and was drinking. He didn't bother to make sure that the ban had ended, or get that clear info when the NFL issued it. He just ASSUMED that the day after his last game the NFL season was over and the ban was lifted.

Sorry but that doesn't seem intelligent to me, it indicates a lack of attention to detail.

I hope for the Browns sake he is reinstated, stays clean and can return to something close to his Pro Bowl numbers. I play in a keeper league where we can protect up to 5 from our roster, I thought about adding him before rosters locked at end of regular season as a possible keeper. But it seemed unlikely he'd break through my top 5, or even be a known commodity when our keeprs are turned in (near end of preseason).

He and Jonny Football will be good role models for each other.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/johnny_manziel_throws_deep_to.html

Priceless phrase from article

"Common sense says a reunion won't work. It would be like asking Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin to play The Sands on nothing more potent than Fresca."

Edited by stevegrab

He's a massive talent, just gotta hope he can stay away from the Josh Gordon..........or move to Denver

Because Josh Gordon being legal in Colorado means the NFL (or any employer) cannot punish you for violating their rules against it. :shrug:

Also his current suspension is for drinking alcohol, legal in all 50 states, but he was prohibited from drinking as part of his 2014 suspension.

I wonder if Justin Blackmon will also be eligible to play next year?

Considering he failed to get reinstated back in May this year due to another failed test and/or missed test, seems unlikely we'll ever see him on the field again in the NFL.

Haha what makes you think he is an intelligent, young man? He has thrown millions of dollars away for Josh Gordon. While I disagree with how harshly the NFL punishes for Josh Gordon, you have to abide by the rules. I have zero faith that he is not going to screw up again.

If you don't have the passion for something, or make mistakes, that doesn't make you unintelligent. Those aren't logical parameters. Ricky Williams threw away millions and is also an intelligent guy. If you've never read this article written by Josh Gordon himself I highly recommend it. It might give you a different perspective as he's actually a pretty articulate guy, especially compared to the majority of NFL players.

https://thecauldron.si.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.41s1ieli1

Seems intelligent how? He was told he could not drink by the NFL during his suspension in 2014. And the day after the season ended he got on a plane and was drinking. He didn't bother to make sure that the ban had ended, or get that clear info when the NFL issued it. He just ASSUMED that the day after his last game the NFL season was over and the ban was lifted.

Sorry but that doesn't seem intelligent to me, it indicates a lack of attention to detail.

I hope for the Browns sake he is reinstated, stays clean and can return to something close to his Pro Bowl numbers. I play in a keeper league where we can protect up to 5 from our roster, I thought about adding him before rosters locked at end of regular season as a possible keeper. But it seemed unlikely he'd break through my top 5, or even be a known commodity when our keeprs are turned in (near end of preseason).

I'm sure there are a wide variety of subjects you are a completely uneducated on. He's a young kid, and had a past riddled with hardship. I recommend you educate yourself and actually read this article he wrote himself, that I just posted for another person to read:

https://thecauldron.si.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.41s1ieli1

Regardless of your personal opinion about his business decisions, he's actually an intelligent guy, which is the point we're arguing over here.

I'm sure there are a wide variety of subjects you are a completely uneducated on. He's a young kid, and had a past riddled with hardship. I recommend you educate yourself and actually read this article he wrote himself, that I just posted for another person to read:

Regardless of your personal opinion about his business decisions, he's actually an intelligent guy, which is the point we're arguing over here.

I read that letter when it was first published almost a year ago, and while it sounds articulate it does not convince me he is intelligent. Not then and not now (I read the first few paragraphs to remind me of what it was all about).

Yes there are many topics that I am not educated on, when I deal with those I seek out others that know them or try to learn about them.

His business decisions as you call them impact the team I root for and set them back multiple times in their hopes to rebuild and be competitive. He damanged not only his own career and financial situation, but those of his teammates and others with the team, as well as dashing the hopes of fans.

I stick to my opinions, he isn't too bright and makes horrible decisions. He doesn't think before acting, or have people around him to help guide him and remind him of stuff like "No pot dude, no drinking either now after they told you not to."

Not sure why it is so important for you to have others accept he is intelligent, or that he has turned things around. The proof will come from his actions, not his words. Stop screwing up, work hard and use your talent to be a star.

When the Browns stuck their necks out and drafted him in the supplemental draft he promised he would stay clean and repay them. He's messed up several times since, and until I see him stay out of trouble for a couple of years I won't believe a word he says.

If you don't have the passion for something, or make mistakes, that doesn't make you unintelligent. Those aren't logical parameters. Ricky Williams threw away millions and is also an intelligent guy. If you've never read this article written by Josh Gordon himself I highly recommend it. It might give you a different perspective as he's actually a pretty articulate guy, especially compared to the majority of NFL players.

wow what a letter. glad to see him come out and address them like that. hopefully he comes back next season and starts right where he left off. hes got the talent no question there.

He generally handles himself well when talking to the media. When I have heard him, he actually uses proper grammar. Count me in the camp who thinks he's not as dumb as everyone thinks he is.

If not dumb then super careless, negligent or something else. Smart/intelligent people don't take a job where you're going to be tested for pot and hang around with people smoking pot. They don't get banned from drinking in their job then fail to get the proper information on when that ban ends before they start drinking. Especially not in a job paying millions over a very short career.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's messed up too many times after saying he'd straighten up and not mess up again.