[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back

GangGreenLantern

Hey GGL,

Someone in my league dropped Sammy Watkins and while his production has been poor he's so damn talented and has a couple decent matchups coming up in the second half that I'm thinking of trying to get him. Would it be worth dropping Shepherd or Aaron Jones for him? I could also drop Sanders but that seems rash unless his injury sounds like it'll keep him out more than 3-4 weeks. Thanks!

With the recent news of Zeke having a 2 week temporary reinstatement.  Any reason to hang onto Alfred?  I am 3-3 and need to get some W's.

Best WW options:

Powell

Kelley (Have Chris Thompson)

Foreman (Handcuff)

G. Olsen or Clay (Stash) - I only have Henry for TE

Leaning towards Powell or Clay.

I don't think I like this one, but i'm going to throw it out there anyway.

I give up Hunt

I get either Alex Smith or Marcus Mariotta and Devonta Freeman

The other offer I have is Fuller for Carr and H. Henry

I could also trade Martin for either Alex Smith or Mariotta

Or I can leave my team as is and ride with Tyrod or Dalton the rest of the way

PPR, 5 point bonus @ 100 yards rushing / receiving and 300 yards passing

QB - Rodgers (will probably pickup Tyrod for this week)

RB - Hunt, Martin, Gore, Mack, Abdullah, McFadden

WR - Evans, Adams, Cooks, Garcon, Fuller

TE - Derby (streaming)

K - Zuerlein

Def - Jags & Vikings

3 hours ago, GangGreenLantern said:

I would NOT be trying to trade FOR Murray. He's bothered by a Hamstring, and I see Henry getting more and more involved. I think this could be a 50/50 split moving forward, and noway I give up Freeman for that. 

If you can flip Dak 1:1 with Crab that's actually not bad, you're slightly over paying, but Crab is solid and with Cooper struggling makes him that much more valuable. 

Yeah, I wasn't excited about Murray either. I actually am not super high on Freeman ROS (anyone else notice his usage on Sunday? What WAS that?) but he obviously retains great value and having Freeman and Ingram starting with no byes the rest of the way is nice.

I offered Dak for Crabtree and it was rejected instantly. I countered with Brees and Alshon for Mike Evans. I may be overpaying here but I love Evans upside. Also to add, I sniped Russell Wilson on the waiver wire last night, so I have another piece to work with and also increased QB scarcity.

If this gets denied I would love some other ideas.. I'm probably a WR away from being favored in most matchups and at 2-2 I am right in the mix to contend (there are no 4-0 teams, league is very competitive)

1 hour ago, Khurtz said:

Hey GGL,

Someone in my league dropped Sammy Watkins and while his production has been poor he's so damn talented and has a couple decent matchups coming up in the second half that I'm thinking of trying to get him. Would it be worth dropping Shepherd or Aaron Jones for him? I could also drop Sanders but that seems rash unless his injury sounds like it'll keep him out more than 3-4 weeks. Thanks!

Me personally, I would not drop anyone for Watkins. He may be super talented but he had one game worth while. Rams for whatever reason are not using his talents. Deep shots a couple times a game and thats it? Not worth a roster spot to me.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, arekdahl said:

Yeah, I wasn't excited about Murray either. I actually am not super high on Freeman ROS (anyone else notice his usage on Sunday? What WAS that?) but he obviously retains great value and having Freeman and Ingram starting with no byes the rest of the way is nice.

I offered Dak for Crabtree and it was rejected instantly. I countered with Brees and Alshon for Mike Evans. I may be overpaying here but I love Evans upside. Also to add, I sniped Russell Wilson on the waiver wire last night, so I have another piece to work with and also increased QB scarcity.

If this gets denied I would love some other ideas.. I'm probably a WR away from being favored in most matchups and at 2-2 I am right in the mix to contend (there are no 4-0 teams, league is very competitive)

List the teams that are in need of a QB and we can take a look. If you got Wilson off waivers this must be a shallow league, and other solid options on the wire? Could explain him rejecting the Dak trade.

1 hour ago, Vikes101 said:

With the recent news of Zeke having a 2 week temporary reinstatement.  Any reason to hang onto Alfred?  I am 3-3 and need to get some W's.

Best WW options:

Powell

Kelley (Have Chris Thompson)

Foreman (Handcuff)

G. Olsen or Clay (Stash) - I only have Henry for TE

Leaning towards Powell or Clay.

With Forte healthy, and McGuire there, not interested in a 3 man rotation. 

Clay is an option, I plan to scoop him and put him in my IR slot until he's healthy. He was playing well before the injury. Worth a stash

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I don't think I like this one, but i'm going to throw it out there anyway.

I give up Hunt

I get either Alex Smith or Marcus Mariotta and Devonta Freeman

The other offer I have is Fuller for Carr and H. Henry

I could also trade Martin for either Alex Smith or Mariotta

Or I can leave my team as is and ride with Tyrod or Dalton the rest of the way

PPR, 5 point bonus @ 100 yards rushing / receiving and 300 yards passing

QB - Rodgers (will probably pickup Tyrod for this week)

RB - Hunt, Martin, Gore, Mack, Abdullah, McFadden

WR - Evans, Adams, Cooks, Garcon, Fuller

TE - Derby (streaming)

K - Zuerlein

Def - Jags & Vikings

I would keep Hunt and Martin. Don't like Carr he's been bleh last 4+ games. Smith is a solid option, but not worth losing a RB1. Gore, Mack, Dullah, and McFadden are bleh, and not guys I want to rely on week in week out (which is what you would need to do if you lose Hunt or Martin).

Taylor actually has a pretty good schedule, Matthews is coming back, and Clay isn't far behind. He could easily put up low end QB1 #s the rest of the way (which is all you need with Hunt, Martin, Evans, and crew). 

38 minutes ago, Matt07chs said:

Lee is a lock for me vs Colts. he saw 10 targets last week and has a solid matchup (Dealing with a knee issue so keep track of his practice time this week).

2nd option is not so easy with that cast of characters. I'm leaning towards Snead who should be getting more involved, but just 1 -11 last week is a little concerning, but he has a great matchup.

26 minutes ago, GangGreenLantern said:

List the teams that are in need of a QB and we can take a look. If you got Wilson off waivers this must be a shallow league, and other solid options on the wire? Could explain him rejecting the Dak trade.

Okay, here are the teams that, in my estimation, need QB help. For reference, it is a 10 team league (Yahoo $20 pro league) with only 6 bench slots and notably no flex spot (start 3 WR) It's shallow, but not really shallow enough to explain Russell Wilson being on the wire. For example, Tyrod, Siemian, Goff, Rivers, Carr, Luck, Rodgers and Eli are all on rosters, and I would take Wilson over any of these. Stafford is also on the wire (I can only imagine both of these owners maybe were hoping to pick these players back up. Not sure at all)

Anyway, here are the teams-

Team 1 (3-1)

QB - Ryan, Newton (a bit of a stretch but both have been inconsistent

RB - Gordon, Howard, Adrian Peterson

WR - Hilton, Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, R Matthews, J Matthews

TE - Witten, Z. Miller, J. Thomas

Team 2 (3-1)

QB - Winston, Goff

RB - Crowell, L. Miller, C. Thompson, Cohen, McFadden

WR - Evans, Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, M. Lee

TE - Graham, Brate

Team 3 (has open bench spot, 2-2)

QB - Siemian, Watson(bye)

RB - Gurley, E. Elliott

WR - K. Allen, D. Jackson, N. Agholor, D. Hopkins, Diggs

TE - J. Reed, Dickson

Team 4 (2-2)

QB - Tyrod, Luck, Rodgers

RB - Fournette, D. Murray, Blount, T. Coleman

WR - Julio, J. Landry, Kearse, E. Sanders, Snead

TE - Kelce

Team 5 (2-2)

QB - Carr, Rivers

RB - Hunt, Powell, Montgomery, Henry, D. Johnson(IR)

WR - Green, D. Bryant, Garcon, D. Adams, Parker

TE - Rudolph, Clay

Team 6 (0-4)

QB - A. Smith, Eli Manning

RB - Ajayi, D. Lewis, Mack, L. Murray, A. Morris

WR - Baldwin, Cooper, K. Benjamin, Amendola, Cobb

TE - M. Bennett

39 minutes ago, arekdahl said:

Okay, here are the teams that, in my estimation, need QB help. For reference, it is a 10 team league (Yahoo $20 pro league) with only 6 bench slots and notably no flex spot (start 3 WR) It's shallow, but not really shallow enough to explain Russell Wilson being on the wire. For example, Tyrod, Siemian, Goff, Rivers, Carr, Luck, Rodgers and Eli are all on rosters, and I would take Wilson over any of these. Stafford is also on the wire (I can only imagine both of these owners maybe were hoping to pick these players back up. Not sure at all)

Anyway, here are the teams-

Team 1 (3-1)

QB - Ryan, Newton (a bit of a stretch but both have been inconsistent

RB - Gordon, Howard, Adrian Peterson

WR - Hilton, Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, R Matthews, J Matthews

TE - Witten, Z. Miller, J. Thomas

Team 2 (3-1)

QB - Winston, Goff

RB - Crowell, L. Miller, C. Thompson, Cohen, McFadden

WR - Evans, Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, M. Lee

TE - Graham, Brate

Team 3 (has open bench spot, 2-2)

QB - Siemian, Watson(bye)

RB - Gurley, E. Elliott

WR - K. Allen, D. Jackson, N. Agholor, D. Hopkins, Diggs

TE - J. Reed, Dickson

Team 4 (2-2)

QB - Tyrod, Luck, Rodgers

RB - Fournette, D. Murray, Blount, T. Coleman

WR - Julio, J. Landry, Kearse, E. Sanders, Snead

TE - Kelce

Team 5 (2-2)

QB - Carr, Rivers

RB - Hunt, Powell, Montgomery, Henry, D. Johnson(IR)

WR - Green, D. Bryant, Garcon, D. Adams, Parker

TE - Rudolph, Clay

Team 6 (0-4)

QB - A. Smith, Eli Manning

RB - Ajayi, D. Lewis, Mack, L. Murray, A. Morris

WR - Baldwin, Cooper, K. Benjamin, Amendola, Cobb

TE - M. Bennett

Only team I see that might possibly have an interest is Goff, Winston team. (Or the Tyrod team).

Winston dealing with a shoulder issue, and Goff has been ok last couple games nothing special. MAYBE they would be willing to do something to get Brees. Which is the team you wanted to deal with anyway to get Evans. You will need to gauge their interest in acquiring one of those Qbs (Drew or Dak) and work it from there.

10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. Start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. Will move to 3-3 (after 1-3 start) after tonight. Since Aaron Rodgers is out for the season, trying to assess what, if any, moves I need to make. 

QB: Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers

RB: David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, James White, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Corey Davis

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Matt Bryant

DEF: Jacksonville

With Rodgers out, I offered a team Davante Adams and James White for Adam Theilen. They countered with Adam Theilen and Orleans Darkwa for Davante Adams and Alvin Kamara. While I don't mind that trade, I don't really want Darkwa or anything to do with the Giants offense. I have a counter waiting to send. It would send Davante Adams and Alvin Kamara to their team for Jared Goff and Adam Theilen in return.

This gives me a 3rd QB and potential trade bait down the road since it's a 2 QB league. I know Adams value is assumingly a bit depressed with Rodgers out and Theilen is seeing an average of 9 targets a game this year and is 3rd in the NFL in yardage for WRs. I also have Rivers playing Denver this weekend and so I think his upside is limited.

Is this a trade you would pursue?

Their roster is
QB - Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Jared Goff, Brett Hundley

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Adam Theilen, Danny Amendola

RB - Melvin Gordon, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Thompson, Alex Collins, Orleans Darkwa

TE - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Carolina

5 hours ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Even though Cam is your backup NON of those guys are worth that trade. Just hold on to Cam for now. With guys like Ryan struggling, at some point owners are gonna want something better, and you have Cam in your pocket ready for that moment. 

If you want to upgrade, drop Gilli, he's been bleh. Morris might not be worth holding on to either depending on the zeek situation. We know Zeek will play week 7&8 for sure so...

Thanks. Looks like I can get McFadden (or possibly Blount but I doubt it) from another owner for Cam. Should I do it?

Lineup advice this week? .3 PPR and .25 Point per run attempt. I am also currently trying to trade Mariota and Murray for Thomas but the owner is still thinking about it. Current Lineup:

QB: Alex Smith (OAK)

RB: LeVeon Bell (CIN), D Murray (CLE)

WR: M Crabtree (KC), K Benjamin (Chi)

TE: Delanie Walker (CLE)

Flex: N Agholor (WSH), T coleman (MIA)

K: Ryan Succop

D/ST: STREAM Week 7 Panthers defense v Chicago

Bench:

G Tate (bye), Cj anderson (LAC), D Henry (Cle), Aaron Jones (NO), Mariota (Cle), Prescott (SF), H Henry (DEN)

Thanks GGL

4 hours ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Only team I see that might possibly have an interest is Goff, Winston team. (Or the Tyrod team).

Winston dealing with a shoulder issue, and Goff has been ok last couple games nothing special. MAYBE they would be willing to do something to get Brees. Which is the team you wanted to deal with anyway to get Evans. You will need to gauge their interest in acquiring one of those Qbs (Drew or Dak) and work it from there.

After getting stonewalled around the league I went back to the Tyrod owner and offered Freeman, Dak, and Jeffery for Julio, Murray, and Blount. He countered and wanted Wilson instead of Dak (rest of the deal the same)

My thinking was that Murray, while hurt and currently in a timeshare, always seems to get the lead dog's share in that backfield. Add that Blount has looked very good and appears to be getting stronger in that offense,  and I'm willing to take the gamble that I can get weekly RB2 production from that spot which should be good with elite production at QB, TE, and WR1 now with Julio. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sold on Freeman ROS.. I think Coleman is on the verge of taking over the lead in that backfield (although I have been saying this for 2.5 years now)

How do you think I did overall? Wilson was from the wire so in essence I traded my worst player along with Freeman and Jeffery for an elite WR and two backs that should have relatively stable floors if nothing else.

27 minutes ago, arekdahl said:

After getting stonewalled around the league I went back to the Tyrod owner and offered Freeman, Dak, and Jeffery for Julio, Murray, and Blount. He countered and wanted Wilson instead of Dak (rest of the deal the same)

My thinking was that Murray, while hurt and currently in a timeshare, always seems to get the lead dog's share in that backfield. Add that Blount has looked very good and appears to be getting stronger in that offense,  and I'm willing to take the gamble that I can get weekly RB2 production from that spot which should be good with elite production at QB, TE, and WR1 now with Julio. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sold on Freeman ROS.. I think Coleman is on the verge of taking over the lead in that backfield (although I have been saying this for 2.5 years now)

How do you think I did overall? Wilson was from the wire so in essence I traded my worst player along with Freeman and Jeffery for an elite WR and two backs that should have relatively stable floors if nothing else.

I don't like the Freeman and Murray swap. I think that's a down grade for you.

2 hours ago, sabercats5441 said:

Hi GGL,

This is PPR 12 teams, Who do you rather have 4 Wrs for ROS ?
I have Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, Davante Adam, Golden Tate 
in waive we have  Sterling Shepard, Marvin Jones, John Brown .
What 2 WRs and 1 Flex will you use for this week ? Thanks

Allen, Baldwin, and Adams for this week.

4 hours ago, dylansimon said:

Lineup advice this week? .3 PPR and .25 Point per run attempt. I am also currently trying to trade Mariota and Murray for Thomas but the owner is still thinking about it. Current Lineup:

QB: Alex Smith (OAK)

RB: LeVeon Bell (CIN), D Murray (CLE)

WR: M Crabtree (KC), K Benjamin (Chi)

TE: Delanie Walker (CLE)

Flex: N Agholor (WSH), T coleman (MIA)

K: Ryan Succop

D/ST: STREAM Week 7 Panthers defense v Chicago

Bench:

G Tate (bye), Cj anderson (LAC), D Henry (Cle), Aaron Jones (NO), Mariota (Cle), Prescott (SF), H Henry (DEN)

Thanks GGL

I like CJ Anderson better then Coleman. Other than that you're good.

So in the process of trading Hunter Henry and Cam for Ertz and one of the following Shepard, Agholor, Dalton, Jags or Seattle Def.  Which player / def should I include? Like the trade and who should I include?

Here is my team below, .5 ppr league, we start two flex spots.

image.png.da02011d075b808156eaef061a801f65.png

Not really digging my team (in signature) and hoping s can make a trade. Maybe it’s the 2 game losing streak I’m on and he fact this week is a must win now. 

Anyway, is it worth it to do a Hilton package with one of my RBs to try and trade for a Top 5 WR? I know that would basically trash my RB depth, but maybe the benefits will be greater. Thinking of going Hilton + Ingram or Hilton + McCoy. Which has a better chance of getting me an elite WR without giving up too much? Thanks in advance 

Hey GGL,

i need TE advice for Standard scoring league.

I have Dickson and Bennett.. enough said.

FA’s: Z. Miller against Carolina (2 TDS to TE in each of past two games)

T. Kroft vs Pitts

Doyle vs Jax

or do I look to try and make a trade in a league where literally 1 trade has been accepted through 6 weeks..