[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robert Kelly

Mile High Magic

Don't know much about what's going on with the skins, but I have Kelly on my bench for the last 5 weeks. I looked last night after he scored 3 times and saw that he's gotten 20+ touches for the last 3 weeks. Is this due to an injury to Matt Jones or did he take the job?

Also is he likely to hang on to the job in 2017?

Some light reading may be in order since you seem to know next to nothing about the WAS running game. (It is helpful to follow players on your team and their situation, just saying)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=matt+jones

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rob+kelley

I typically do, just with this guy I stashed him based on a post I read on here afew weeks ago and didn't think anything else about it until I saw I missed out on 31 points last night.

Some light reading may be in order since you seem to know next to nothing about the WAS running game. (It is helpful to follow players on your team and their situation, just saying)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=matt+jones

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rob+kelley

Hahahaha what a dick! Too funny. I'm a Redskins fan although I'm not a "homer" per say since I'm stationed in Italy right now. But I'd like to think I somewhat know what's going on....

Matt Jones was thought to be the RB of the future which is why they let go of Alfred Morris in the off-season. I wasn't really a fan of the move, but meh...

Matt Jones has never been all that great. He wasn't bad in college but he wasn't treated like an every-down RB at UF, which is why I didn't agree with the move to let Morris go. Jones had never really handled the load that an every-down RB in the NFL usually has. And tbh, he wasn't even that good when he played last season. The numbers don't lie, especially the numbers of how many fumbles he had.

Rob Kelley was 4th on the depth chart during the 2016 preseason. It went as follows:

1. Matt Jones

2. Keith Marshall

3. Chris Thompson

4. Rob Kelley

5. Mack Brown (practice squad)

With Chris Thompson being primarily the 3rd down back and pass-catching RB and Keith Marshall messing up his elbow during preseason, Kelley became the defacto back-up to Jones. Jones continued to struggle throughout the season with fumbles and unimpressive game play minus a couple of games. After his 2 fumbles @ DET (one of which he lost on the goal line), they elected to have him as a healthy scratch and start Rob Kelley.

The rest is history:

21-81-1 @ CIN

22-97 vs MIN

24-137-3 vs GB

Fat Rob FTW!

Edit: I might not be 100% accurate with all of the details but even so, I think you get the idea ?

Edited by oG1KeNoBi
  • Like 1

Hahahaha what a dick! Too funny. I'm a Redskins fan although I'm not a "homer" per say since I'm stationed in Italy right now. But I'd like to think I somewhat know what's going on....

Matt Jones was thought to be the RB of the future which is why they let go of Alfred Morris in the off-season. I wasn't really a fan of the move, but meh...

Matt Jones has never been all that great. He wasn't bad in college but he wasn't treated like an every-down RB at UF, which is why I didn't agree with the move to let Morris go. Jones had never really handled the load that an every-down RB in the NFL usually has. And tbh, he wasn't even that good when he played last season. The numbers don't lie, especially the numbers of how many fumbles he had.

Rob Kelley was 4th on the depth chart during the 2016 preseason. It went as follows:

1. Matt Jones

2. Keith Marshall

3. Chris Thompson

4. Rob Kelley

5. Mack Brown (practice squad)

With Chris Thompson being primarily the 3rd down back and pass-catching RB and Keith Marshall messing up his elbow during preseason, Kelley became the defacto back-up to Jones. Jones continued to struggle throughout the season with fumbles and unimpressive game play minus a couple of games. After his 2 fumbles @ DET (one of which he lost on the goal line), they elected to have him as a healthy scratch and start Rob Kelley.

The rest is history:

21-81-1 @ CIN

22-97 vs MIN

24-137-3 vs GB

Fat Rob FTW!

Edit: I might not be 100% accurate with all of the details but even so, I think you get the idea ?

Thanks. May keep him next year since he would only count as a 13th round pick.

Traded him away because he has the hardest ROS schedule of any running back in the league. I hope I don't regret that decision!! Thankfully i worked out a deal with someone who's not in the playoff mix.

He has done well against some of the best run defenses! I think that offense is really moving.

He has done well against some of the best run defenses! I think that offense is really moving.

Yeah, I know GB was touted as one of the best run D's earlier in the season, that team is doing a complete nose dive though. I think you may be right though! I think he might be match up proof going forward with how well balanced that offense is and how they're executing. Thank god I have DJ and MG3, haha.

Yeah, I know GB was touted as one of the best run D's earlier in the season, that team is doing a complete nose dive though. I think you may be right though! I think he might be match up proof going forward with how well balanced that offense is and how they're executing. Thank god I have DJ and MG3, haha.

I was a little skeptical, but after what he did to Minnesota AND Green Bay, I'm sold.

Shame there's no cure for you being a jerk or thinking you're funny.

That's rich in the old days you guys would have roasted this guy for him not knowing a thing about Fat Rob. Or maybe you regularly add guys to your team and then don't monitor what they're doing.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh on your buddy, he seemed to take it better than you.

That's rich in the old days you guys would have roasted this guy for him not knowing a thing about Fat Rob. Or maybe you regularly add guys to your team and then don't monitor what they're doing.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh on your buddy, he seemed to take it better than you.

:rofl:

When you get owned by stevegrab.......

I did not pick him up because all the experts said he has a bad schedule. I should have trusted my gut and picked him up.

I regret losing a potential RB1 now.

Yeah, that's exactly why I traded him away sadly. HOWEVER, the Packers are not what they were when they started the season (for what that's worth). His FF playoff schedule is still difficult, we'll see!