[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Gruffalo to SF

jamesplante11

7 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Really? I guess if you like lobster and live in maine and love tom brady and lick sb trophys for fun...this is great news!

Right? The Patriot machine keeps flipping b/u's for picks. Amazing.

btw:

I like Lobsters

27 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Really? I guess if you like lobster and live in maine and love tom brady and lick sb trophys for fun...this is great news!

Live in Maine - Check

Like Lobster - Hell No

Love Tom Brady - Nope

Lick SB Trophies - I'm a Browns fan..never seen one, can't lick it if I don't see it

Makes you wonder if Cleveland actually did offer anything? Or did NE just get to greedy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

so CLE will get snubbed once again? lol

Cleveland has to do something to prove to players they are a destination. The defense is well on its way, but how do you lure Cousins? 

"Listen Kirk, it will be great, for 3 weeks you will be able to throw to Coleman. Once he breaks a hand then you get to throw to Ricardo Lewis!!"

There was an ESPN stat that thru the first 8 weeks the two last QBs Cleveland traded their picks from (Wentz and Watson) have 19 TDs, Cleveland QBs have 17 INT. The comparison gets old, Cleveland is more than a QB from a .500 season. Start with the D, work on the line, acquire some weapons then go get a QB. 

For the record

Watson is throwing to Hopkins and Fuller

Wentz has Jeffery, Agholor, Ertz.

Browns QBs, Duke Johnson, and Njoku 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

i thought CLE offered way more than a 2018 2nd for Garropolo? WTF?

Also, Cousins, now what?

I was thinking the same thing, which is why this trade surprised me.

Maybe the rumors about the Browns making a huge offer were false.

Garoppolo will have Shanny coaching him up now.

And Shanny turned Matt Ryan into an MVP.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Cousins teams up with Sean McVay again in LA.

Yeah cuz Goff sucks.

Interesting move.  No-brainer for NE, coin flip for SF.  They do need a QB; Hoyer not looking like the answer, Bethard unlikely but who knows ........was JG worth a 2d rounder?  Maybe. 

9 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I was thinking the same thing, which is why this trade surprised me.

Maybe the rumors about the Browns making a huge offer were false.

Garoppolo will have Shanny coaching him up now.

And Shanny turned Matt Ryan into an MVP.

Guessing they hoped for more pre-season but now were in a bit of a panic because he's a free agent in 2018 and they didn't want to pay him big bucks to hold a clipboard again. 

Cleveland didn't get him because the Patriots supposedly wanted not only a first round pick but was rumored to be two first round picks. That's an awful lot for a backup who played 6 quarters before getting hurt himself, far too little tape to tell much of anything about this guy. The Patriots are like the Yankees always way overhyping their own prospects. I wouldn't be surprised to see him show little enough in half a season in SF to see them let him walk and then sign Cousins anyway. Cousins is going to cost a lot more but at least you know what you're getting with him. Unless they think they're rebuilding process is going to take longer than expected and Cousins will be too old by the time they get all the pieces in place. 

15 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Cleveland has to do something to prove to players they are a destination. The defense is well on its way, but how do you lure Cousins?

"Listen Kirk, it will be great, for 3 weeks you will be able to throw to Coleman. Once he breaks a hand then you get to throw to Ricardo Lewis!!"

There was an ESPN stat that thru the first 8 weeks the two last QBs Cleveland traded their picks from (Wentz and Watson) have 19 TDs, Cleveland QBs have 17 INT. The comparison gets old, Cleveland is more than a QB from a .500 season. Start with the D, work on the line, acquire some weapons then go get a QB.

For the record

Watson is throwing to Hopkins and Fuller

Wentz has Jeffery, Agholor, Ertz.

Browns QBs, Duke Johnson, and Njoku

Wait so you mean the Browns wouldn't be 7-1 if they drafted Wentz, or have 3 wins if they drafted Watson? That's not what I'm hear from the "expert fans".

I'm pretty sure the Browns offered more back before the draft, at least a 2nd plus more. Not sure if they made any offers now, heard second hand (co-worker heard on radio) that Sashi Brown (GM) went home at 5PM yesterday, with 24 hours to go before the deadline. Hue Jackson wanted them to do something, go after CIN's McCarron who he could plug in and win some games so he won't be fired). Then Hue talked to Haslam. If our GM is just mailing it in we may as well fire him now and get somebody knew to build the front office before the next draft. Maybe get some new scouts too, because whoever they are using are not very good since so many of our picks are flaming out (not talking injuries like Garrett, but the horrible play of many others).

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wait so you mean the Browns wouldn't be 7-1 if they drafted Wentz, or have 3 wins if they drafted Watson? That's not what I'm hear from the "expert fans".

I'm pretty sure the Browns offered more back before the draft, at least a 2nd plus more. Not sure if they made any offers now, heard second hand (co-worker heard on radio) that Sashi Brown (GM) went home at 5PM yesterday, with 24 hours to go before the deadline. Hue Jackson wanted them to do something, go after CIN's McCarron who he could plug in and win some games so he won't be fired). Then Hue talked to Haslam. If our GM is just mailing it in we may as well fire him now and get somebody knew to build the front office before the next draft. Maybe get some new scouts too, because whoever they are using are not very good since so many of our picks are flaming out (not talking injuries like Garrett, but the horrible play of many others).

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Browns offered a second round pick and change to the Patriots this offseason and nothing more. They did not go higher than a second and offer a first rounder. 

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/10/31/16580522/are-the-browns-about-to-implode-for-not-landing-qb-jimmy-garoppolo

Trouble in Paradise?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

what about this crazy idea... SF shows off Garapolo  and then packages him up with picks next off-season to acquire Cousins' rights. Then WAS still has a QB that might be something.

Your like that crazy uncle that embarrasses everyone at a party and every once and a while drops an absolute gem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1