[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dumping directv

frenzal rhomb

NFL Game Pass direct form their site, but I think that's only for watching games after they're done.

There's also a streaming service through Verizon on your mobile device, think its called NFL mobile.

No experience with any of these just watch what I get on my local channels + ESPN/NFLN.

3 hours ago, frenzal rhomb said:

its time to leave.  Can anyone advise what the best pay service is to pick up games? - I gave up on sunday ticket so looking to move on from DTV.  Any help appreciated.

If your plan is to cut the cord entirely, I'd test drive it first.  I have friends who bragged about dropping DTV for that chrome setup, and found it wasn't as user friendly as they expected.  To make matters worse, we live right on the 50 mile edge from both Denver and Cheyenne, making pulling local channels over the air a bit of a trick.  The poor guy hasn't been able to watch the Broncos at home...has to go to a relative's house.  He may have to invest in some form of an arial in order for the locals to work, the powered antennas you can buy don't consistently cut it here.

It's definitely a doable thing to cut the cord, just advising a trial period for your intended solution to make sure it works for you.

6 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

If your plan is to cut the cord entirely, I'd test drive it first.  I have friends who bragged about dropping DTV for that chrome setup, and found it wasn't as user friendly as they expected.  To make matters worse, we live right on the 50 mile edge from both Denver and Cheyenne, making pulling local channels over the air a bit of a trick.  The poor guy hasn't been able to watch the Broncos at home...has to go to a relative's house.  He may have to invest in some form of an arial in order for the locals to work, the powered antennas you can buy don't consistently cut it here.

It's definitely a doable thing to cut the cord, just advising a trial period for your intended solution to make sure it works for you.

just signed up for hulu and sling trials but wondering if theres something better for games. 

2 minutes ago, frenzal rhomb said:

just signed up for hulu and sling trials but wondering if theres something better for games. 

I considered dropping DTV earlier this year if they did not come through on the ticket for free.  I was headed over to comcast, though, as my broadband is through them.  Would have been happy with their version of redzone, as most of Dallas' games should have been in primetime or otherwise watchable over the local channel here this year.

One thing puzzling me about streaming, though, is how folks do not blow their bandwidth cap.  My two teens streamed constantly, and over the summer, i hit the limit two out of three months with xfinity.  They're gone to college now, and there hasn't been a blip on the radar.  I wonder how folks manage to keep it under the limit if all they ever do is stream?  .

..and as a side note, I work from home for a large tech firm, gotta have top shelf bandwidth and connectivity...in case someone wants to bust my chops over my ISP choice ;)

Its not to expensive, but you can stream it from nfl.com

Compared to Directv its definitely a deal.

I haven't tried using it personally.

Packages start at $69.99/mo for 2 months.

You can stream it on any device.

http://www.nfl.com/nflsundaytickettv

Edited by straightouttacoughlin

4 hours ago, Inziladun said:

You didn't hear it from me, but certain reddit circles have free live streams every week for every game. Now I'm not suggesting you use those since that's illegal....

I concur.  Googling Reddit NFL Streams will bring up the Reddit thread where there are links to very high quality streams of every game and both versions of RedZone (Hansen feed is better than Directv's Siciliano feed).  I advocate you do not do this.  I've been living in Madagascar this season and these streams would be a lifesaver if I wasn't so morally opposed to stealing the NFL's just profits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I concur.  Googling Reddit NFL Streams will bring up the Reddit thread where there are links to very high quality streams of every game and both versions of RedZone (Hansen feed is better than Directv's Siciliano feed).  I advocate you do not do this.  I've been living in Madagascar this season and these streams would be a lifesaver if I wasn't so morally opposed to stealing the NFL's just profits.

If you're gonna stream, might as well grab a bunch of buddies and just split a dtv account together

Edited by Gourdeau

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I never used reddit before.  So basically just go there and type in reddit NFL streams and i can watch any game I want?   

curious, does that work for new movie releases like Thor?

What i mean is splitting a dtv satellite account, get 4 or 5 buddies each get a receiver or 2 and split the bill. Doesn't matter which service I've used for streaming, there is ALWAYS some kind of issue whether its buffering, constant ads, poor quality, fake links.. spanish streams, sound to picture delay, major lag between the strean and actual time ( typically the stream is 1 or 2 mins behind and you've gotten a notification on your phone... when im watching football i dont want to frig around trying to find a redit stream that works.. Not to mention with dtv can quickly flick through games

Edited by Gourdeau

13 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

What i mean is splitting a dtv satellite account, get 4 or 5 buddies each get a receiver or 2 and split the bill. Doesn't matter which service I've used for streaming, there is ALWAYS some kind of issue whether its buffering, constant ads, poor quality, fake links.. spanish streams, sound to picture delay, major lag between the strean and actual time ( typically the stream is 1 or 2 mins behind and you've gotten a notification on your phone... when im watching football i dont want to frig around trying to find a redit stream that works.. Not to mention with dtv can quickly flick through games

I completely agree about fudging around with the streaming stuff.  Hate it, and don't really like being tied to a single PC or Chair in front of the one TV that's setup for it.  I like watching out in my garage, wandering into the living room, etc, while the games are on.  I never sit and watch, I'm always tinkering around the house on Sundays.

• Like 1