[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown has frostbitten feet

Wolverines Fan

Per rapsheet

#Raiders WR Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it earlier this week, and it got ugly. Mayock clearly frustrated with AB posting his fine letter on Instagram. And now, a suspension for conduct detrimental could mean losing $30M in guaranteed money.

4 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Per rapsheet

#Raiders WR Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it earlier this week, and it got ugly. Mayock clearly frustrated with AB posting his fine letter on Instagram. And now, a suspension for conduct detrimental could mean losing $30M in guaranteed money.

Well you can't say they didn't know what they were getting. There is ALWAYS a damn good reason a team get's rid of perhaps the Best WR in football. See OBJ, TO etc. Teams will never learn. Money can't buy you sanity. It can buy a lot of things but sanity and love are 2 things money can't buy. The Raiders are the perfect team to be going through this. Par for the course. Welcome to Vegas........

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't know what happened with Mayock but the best thing the Raiders could do at this point is just get rid of him. Start leaving a paper trail. Enforce fines for everything and hope that he quits or acts so bizarre that you can just cut him. 

You can't rule out that some of his behavior is medical not just personality. I don't know. 

Agreed. As a Raider fan, I just want him gone. I don't care how good he is.  How does that helmet endorsement work when you don't play? Are we going to have commercials of him running into cars and livestock? What a loser!  I honestly think this is the start of the process of getting rid of him.

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Per Schefter

Raiders are scheduled to practice at 10:30 am PDT, in 20 minutes. Antonio Brown, needless to say, is not there.

To me this reflects on the front office. How did they not do the necessary vetting prior to throwing a boatload of money at at this clown? The rumors and warning signs were undeniable. 

I thought Terrell Owens was crazy when he was working out in his driveway and drawing media attention. AB is several layers of cuckoo beyond that. 

Hmm one report I'm reading says he threatened to hit Mayock, that was smart NOT. Maybe this will serve as a wake-up call for some of the entitled star athletes that think they can do no wrong and their talent allows them to act like chalupas. 

I drafted rookie RB Josh Jacobs with my first pick (like a 6th round since we all keep 5 players) in a 12 team league and expect him to be a big part of my team this year and going forward. Also took Carr as my backup QB late in the draft. Hope this doesn't harm their value too much. 

I hope that by the time week 1 arrives, Mayock gets his enforcement (maybe not start and half game 1 or just 1 game).  A removal of guarantees is a end all.

This is Mayock drawing the line in the sand and AB testing just like he did at PIT.  Hopefully Mayock stand his ground.

If AB gets released, then so be it.  Raiders knew what they were getting when they made the deal.  AB would be a complete dumb**s to give up guarantees if it was threatened.

Glad I got T.Williams.  Renfro and Waller are on my watch list.

Just now, stevegrab said:

I thought Terrell Owens was crazy when he was working out in his driveway and drawing media attention. AB is several layers of cuckoo beyond that. 

Hmm one report I'm reading says he threatened to hit Mayock, that was smart NOT. Maybe this will serve as a wake-up call for some of the entitled star athletes that think they can do no wrong and their talent allows them to act like chalupas. 

I drafted rookie RB Josh Jacobs with my first pick (like a 6th round since we all keep 5 players) in a 12 team league and expect him to be a big part of my team this year and going forward. Also took Carr as my backup QB late in the draft. Hope this doesn't harm their value too much. 

He's gotten even more battshizz crazy over the last few months. Maybe he does need a better helmet? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

To me this reflects on the front office. How did they not do the necessary vetting prior to throwing a boatload of money at at this clown? The rumors and warning signs were undeniable. 

You mean the one that shipped arguably the best defensive player in the game and ended up with the biggest headache in the game? Damn right! Being a Raider fan is hard to say. Kinda like that fat chick moped joke. Fun to ride until your friends catch you on it!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wasn't this enough of a red flag ?

Antonio Brown while seeking a trade 

"I don't even have to play football if I don't want. I don't even need the game, I don't need to prove nothing to anyone," Brown said. "If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules. If not, I don't need to play.

No cooper no Mack  bring in Brown and Burfict. Raiders doing raider things 

Edited by Gourdeau

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

You mean the one that shipped arguably the best defensive player in the game and ended up with the biggest headache in the game? Damn right! Being a Raider fan is hard to say. Kinda like that fat chick moped joke. Fun to ride until your friends catch you on it!

That is a good one :rofl:

Just now, Gourdeau said:

Wasn't this enough of a message 

"I don't even have to play football if I don't want. I don't even need the game, I don't need to prove nothing to anyone," Brown said. "If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules. If not, I don't need to play.

So tell us how you really feel Antonio! What a d-bag. 

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

Pull the money back and not say anything else.

Similar to Randy Moss taking plays off.  I could see AB doing that too if he knew the play was not going to him.

I'm still willing to breathe for a moment until we ACTUALLY know FACTS of what has happened.  It is just speculation at this point, but juicy speculation nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Pull the money back and not say anything else.

Similar to Randy Moss taking plays off.  I could see AB doing that too if he knew the play was not going to him.

I'm still willing to breathe for a moment until we ACTUALLY know FACTS of what has happened.  It is just speculation at this point, but juicy speculation nonetheless. 

Considering Rap Sheets connection to Mayock via NFL NET, I'm guessing these are very accurate.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Wasn't this enough of a red flag ?

No cooper no Mack  bring in Brown and Burfict. Raiders doing raider things 

Classic deranged AB stuff right there.  Play by my rules, sorry son it don't work that way. You are the employee, not the boss or owner.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Classic deranged AB stuff right there.  Play by my rules, sorry son it don't work that way. You are the employee, not the boss or owner.

I'm legit concerned for his little kids with his mental state. He needs help