[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much do you look at fantasy playoff schedule when drafting?

purplemonster

When drafting I take into account playoff schedule  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When drafting I take into account playoff schedule

• Not really at all
    • I will look at it and use it if two players are very close
    • Yes, it is a significant factor for most of my choices

Just curious.  The problem is you don't know who will be good or bad, but you do have a fair idea sometimes.  For instance Miami and the Redskins were projected to be pretty bad.  Maybe the Jets and Raiders and Cincinnati as well.  After getting repeatedly stymied by various playoff matchups I am wondering how much you take it into account. 

Edited by purplemonster

Not really at all.  Just trying to assemble the best possible team I can.  It's just too hard to project who will be good/bad as it can change year to year in the NFL now.  You may have a general inkling, but there will always be outliers. I DO start looking at about the halfway point as by then has useful data to go on. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't but my rosters look nothing like they did on draft day. 

This.

I don't even look for bye week conflicts. I just grab whoever I'm targeting as my turn is coming up. Trades, injuries etc.... seems to make everything work out though.

2 minutes ago, 'canes2004 said:

This.

I don't even look for bye week conflicts. I just grab whoever I'm targeting as my turn is coming up. Trades, injuries etc.... seems to make everything work out though.

Same here. A fantasy football season is won or lost on the waiver wire and in free agency. I don't care how good you draft. 

• Like 2

Not at all - it doesn't do you any good to have good playoff matchups if you don't make the playoffs.  Like others said, roster today looks nothing like draft day - only 4 (out of 15) drafted players are still on my team.  And I had a good draft this year...

I had a great start to the season, so when I got to 6-1 and 7-1, I started looking at playoff matchups.  When I got to 8-2 and 9-2, I was making moves for weeks 15 & 16, since I was almost assured of a bye in week 14.

• Like 1