[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Thomas is out

Shaft

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Can't Guard Mike. 😄

OMG  Really?  Right now its "can't play mike" ;) I had not heard that one and based on the context in your post (and using Michael Thomas full name earlier) it didn't seem likely that it was him. Maybe its a familiar nickname in some circles, but obviously not for me. Certainly not common like OBJ/ODB, CEH or guys like MJD from long ago.  I was curious and found it comes from his Twitter handle (which shows up on the Pro Football Reference page). I'm so not into social media and some of the nicknames going around today. Did you all know Browns WR Rashard Higgins has the nickname Hollywood (also shown on PFR page). 

21 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

OMG  Really?  Right now its "can't play mike" ;) I had not heard that one and based on the context in your post (and using Michael Thomas full name earlier) it didn't seem likely that it was him. Maybe its a familiar nickname in some circles, but obviously not for me. Certainly not common like OBJ/ODB, CEH or guys like MJD from long ago.  I was curious and found it comes from his Twitter handle (which shows up on the Pro Football Reference page). I'm so not into social media and some of the nicknames going around today. Did you all know Browns WR Rashard Higgins has the nickname Hollywood (also shown on PFR page). 

Force of habit. On the Saints board he's called CGM just about as much as by his name. A lot like calling Adrian Peterson "AD" (All Day).

I've rostered Higgins before and he seems like he's got a good opportunity, but I'm just not sold on him in that offense & he disappears when other competition for touches arises (like Peoples-Jones) and/or has to face any stiff competition from the defense. My experience with him was a lot like TQS (Tre'Quan Smith) or Keelan Cole where he'll put together a highlight reel game or two & then fall off the map completely. Maybe this is the chance Higgins finally needs to become productive.

Not to keep hyping him up, but one of the things I like most about Callaway is that he's the perfect dynasty stash for your taxi squad. If he doesn't pan out then he only cost you a few $, whereas Higgins you have to roster with a contract.

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Force of habit. On the Saints board he's called CGM just about as much as by his name. A lot like calling Adrian Peterson "AD" (All Day).

I've rostered Higgins before and he seems like he's got a good opportunity, but I'm just not sold on him in that offense & he disappears when other competition for touches arises (like Peoples-Jones) and/or has to face any stiff competition from the defense. My experience with him was a lot like TQS (Tre'Quan Smith) or Keelan Cole where he'll put together a highlight reel game or two & then fall off the map completely. Maybe this is the chance Higgins finally needs to become productive.

Not to keep hyping him up, but one of the things I like most about Callaway is that he's the perfect dynasty stash for your taxi squad. If he doesn't pan out then he only cost you a few $, whereas Higgins you have to roster with a contract.

Yes in my keeper league Callaway is just a guy to watch now. I might add him to my roster before the season's over, then if he has keeper value in 2021 it didn't cost me much. But I doubt that would happen. Higgins is a free agent now and I may try to add him. 

I should have talked to you before I added TQS (that one I may have gotten on my own), I have him mostly as depth but had to use him last week with John Brown injured and Hilton on bye (my other option Tate already had his game when Brown was out). He got me a few 5.4 points, if I had gotten a zero in that spot I would have lost, so I cannot complain too much. 

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, you can cuff or replace a running back but you can't replace a Michael Thomas. This one really cuts deep. 

I am pretty much done this year in a high stakes league primarily bc of Thomas. When AJ was out and Sutton got injured it simply wasn't possible to replace that production.