[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 10 Chat 2020

Shaft

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

The only reason I 'avoided ' Kyler Murray was because he was going too high for my liking.  I 'reached' for a guy like Russell Wilson when it felt okay.  Murray will almost certainly go too high for my liking next year.  

Agreed. He will go too high because people will be chasing this season's points. Congrats to those who got him this year. 

48 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Agreed. He will go too high because people will be chasing this season's points. Congrats to those who got him this year. 

Oh man I certainly wanted him this year.  But getting a guy like Josh Allen 4 or 6 rounds later was okay with me also.

Edited by Bobby Brown

23 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Oh man I certainly wanted him this year.  But getting a guy like Josh Allen 4 or 6 rounds later was okay with me also.

He is going to go high but I personally would pay a little bit more for Kyler Murray then I would for Jackson, like where Jackson was going this year. Kyler is the better passer and doesn't absolutely need to rush for his yards. I think Jackson came down to earth a little bit this year

Edited by purplemonster

On 11/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, purplemonster said:

He is going to go high but I personally would pay a little bit more for Kyler Murray then I would for Jackson, like where Jackson was going this year. Kyler is the better passer and doesn't absolutely need to rush for his yards. I think Jackson came down to earth a little bit this year

I assume you mean Allen.  Admittedly, I've only watched 2 Allen games (Seattle + Arizona and I've watched every Murray game) but he only has 272 rushing yards on the year while Kyler has over 600.  Kyler should continue to get better as a passer but I wouldn't say Allen's fantasy value has been reliant on his rushing game this year at least in comparison to Murray.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, purplemonster said:

I agree, Jackson really regressed this year. Teams are daring him to throw the ball and challenging him more. Kyler seems very savvy and accurate when under pressure. 

10 hours ago, awahl63 said:

I assume you mean Allen.  Admittedly, I've only watched 2 Allen games (Seattle + Arizona and I've watched every Murray game) but he only has 272 rushing yards on the year while Kyler has over 600.  Kyler should continue to get better as a passer but I wouldn't say Allen's fantasy value has been reliant on his rushing game this year at least in comparison to Murray.

I probably wasn't that clear, but I was just mentioning the fact that Lamar Jackson was drafted very high this year, just like Kyler will be next year.  My point is Kyler seems like the safer bet next year than Lamar was this year.  Josh Allen is an interesting one too, will be interesting to see if he has regression to the mean next year as well.  I am a little suspicious of QB's whose accuracy improves so much in a year, like Lamar last year, and Allen this year.  You wonder if next year he will regress to the mean or if he really has improved his accuracy that much.

Edited by purplemonster

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I probably wasn't that clear, but I was just mentioning the fact that Lamar Jackson was drafted very high this year, just like Kyler will be next year.  My point is Kyler seems like the safer bet next year than Lamar was this year.  Josh Allen is an interesting one too, will be interesting to see if he has regression to the mean next year as well.  I am a little suspicious of QB's whose accuracy improves so much in a year, like Lamar last year, and Allen this year.  You wonder if next year he will regress to the mean or if he really has improved his accuracy that much.

When they have enough film, teams adjust, especially with running QBs with limited passing skills. 

23 hours ago, Ramhock said:

With cases increasingly exponentially, finishing season at risk. It's bowling night, treating each as it could be the last. Other than food shopping, its the only thing I leave the house for. What a shatty year.

People are starting their shizz again. Good luck finding toilet paper for the next 2 months. 

16 hours ago, League_Champion said:

People are starting their shizz again. Good luck finding toilet paper for the next 2 months. 

Actually, it's now paper towels.  Costco had tons of TP but totally out of paper towels this week here in NJ