[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams asking about Wentz

darin3

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, there's been soo many conflicting reports that I'm not sure what's what. I think it's almost certain now that he's gone which I feel is a mistake. They should try to fix him, they aren't going anywhere anyway. 

They look foolish for firing Pederson who was planning to get rid of Wentz with the story being they would keep him and try to build around that, then turn around and get rid of Wentz anyway. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Doug Pederson wanted Carson Wentz to return as the team’s starter next season. It had been assumed that Pederson wanted Hurts to be his starter in 2021

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/9/22273784/eagles-news-doug-pederson-wanted-carson-wentz-back-starting-quarterback-2021-jalen-hurts-rumor-trade

According to our source....  I know you're just looking for clarity and hoping your team isn't a complete cluster(the really bad word) but you're going to hear a ton of different stories, most of which are just gossip. Its one thing I really hate about how sports have evolved, all the drama and other nonsense, the NBA was the worst (at least while LeBron was on our local team the local media made it that way). 

Change of scenery would probably be best for Wentz. No doubt he has talent but I feel he's got a bad case.of the yips in his head. Talent is wasted if you can't coordinate it together with the mind. He's probably down on himself so may e another team can shake the funk outta his head and a fresh start somewhere else helps him to be better.

Edited by Docniner

As far as I can tell it seems the Eagles want extra compensation for Wentz and the Colts want extra compensation to take him on. And I think it's obvious that Carson Wentz wants out which isn't helping his trade value. And that March 19th deadline is coming soon and I doubt Philly wants to pay 40 million for a guy who's unhappy. Unless he's somehow mended the relationship with Sirianni

21 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

As far as I can tell it seems the Eagles want extra compensation for Wentz and the Colts want extra compensation to take him on. And I think it's obvious that Carson Wentz wants out which isn't helping his trade value. And that March 19th deadline is coming soon and I doubt Philly wants to pay 40 million for a guy who's unhappy. Unless he's somehow mended the relationship with Sirianni

This is not going to end well for Philly. They totally blew it. They should of at least tried to make it work, or pretended. Now they'll get nothing for him and have to pay a ton of dead cap space. It makes no sense. 

Nothing I've read lately sounds good for the Eagles, all this "a deal is imminent talk" or talk about the offers is just the Eagles FO trying to get more, and they are likely to end up with a worse deal than those on the table now. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/10/22276504/carson-wentz-trade-rumors-bears-eagles-offer-nick-foles-quarterback-chicago-first-round-pick-draft

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/02/nfl-rumors-eagles-talked-carson-wentz-trade-with-2-teams-report-says.html

Whatever, just take it, who cares, let's get it over with. Does that not sound like a beaten fan?? Haha 

Talked to Ron Jaworski about the Carson Wentz - Eagles Trade Drama “My understanding is that the Colts have offered 2 - 2nd round draft choices, maybe a 3rd or 4th down the road. That appears to be the best offer I have heard” #Eagles holding out for 1st

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Whatever, just take it, who cares, let's get it over with. Does that not sound like a beaten fan?? Haha 

Talked to Ron Jaworski about the Carson Wentz - Eagles Trade Drama “My understanding is that the Colts have offered 2 - 2nd round draft choices, maybe a 3rd or 4th down the road. That appears to be the best offer I have heard” #Eagles holding out for 1st

Two seconds is worth it. I agree if that's the offer say yes and and move on