[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

March Madness 2021

irish

Every year, like the SuperBowl boxes for the big game, I run a brackets contest for the NCAA Tourney.  A bunch of you are in it each year. I run the contest through CBS, the entry for each filled in bracket is $10, multiple submissions per participant are allowed (up to 5).  If you haven't received an invite and would like one, PM me your email address and I'll shoot one over. I'll accept entry fees through Paypal or Venmo. My info will be included in the invite. 

Edited by irish

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I'll probably do a couple sheets.  I got your invite.  Will check out later this week.  

Sounds good. You probably have my info for PayPal/venmo already, but if not, or you need it again, it'll be sent out after teams are selected next Sunday. 

Selection Sunday is this weekend, bumping for the weekend crowd. 

The brackets are out, for those in the pool already you have to Friday at noon to make your picks. If anyone else is interested, shoot me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Less then 24 hours to get in the contest if anyone else has been thinking about it...

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Just sent 20 on paypal, filled out one bracket... will do the other in the morning or later tonight.

Got it, sounds good. Can't wait for the Tourney to start!

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

Congrats on the win Irish. I knew that I would slide down if Baylor won. I'm still glad that they won the championship though since I had picked them to win more in brackets than I had Gonzaga winning.

Thx!  Yeah Baylor came through for me.  That game last night was a no contest, one-sided affair. Baylor was too fast, too strong and easy more athletic. I sent you your winnings through Venmo. Congrats on finishing 3rd.

Final standings and winnings -

1st Place - Irish - $250

2nd Place - Antonio C. - $120

3rd Place - MikesVikes - $60

4th Place - Herb S. - $30

5th Place - Jonathan S. - $20

Congrats to all and a big thx to Baylor from me!  See you all next year.

1 minute ago, heehawks said:

So close...would have been 3rd if Zags won...congrats Irish!!

Yup, it was a really tight contest!  I got lucky that I just enough and was able to squeak out the 3 point victory with Baylor winning. 

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I didn't even look at the standings once.  After the first 2 rounds I knew I had no chance.

Most of my years in these contests look like that. 

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I usually have at least one of my brackets do pretty good.  Just a weird year of course.

True, the key to winning is getting those upset games correct in the earlier rounds. In most years, many will have the right winner picked. This year however, in the pools I was in, Baylor was not widely picked, so it provided a great opportunity to come from behind out of the money, to then winning. 

Edited by irish

18 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Baylor looked a bit too big and strong for the Zags. The Zags are younger too. After that grueling semifinal and how easy Baylor coasted through theirs I was surprised to see the Zags as 4.5 pt favorites. They were never even in this one. 

Eh, it came down to too many athletes on the perimeter for Baylor.  The only guy that could even keep up athleticism-wise for the Zags was Suggs.  The rest of the team was just outclassed by athletes on the Baylor side.

I always say.... this tournament is usually won by superior guard play and this one was no different.