[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bridgewater to Denver

BillyBalata

As part of the trade, Carolina agreed to take on $7 million of Bridgewater's $10 million in guarantees for 2021. That makes the deal low-risk for the Broncos but it remains minimal in upside. Adam Schefter added that this move doesn't take Denver out of the QB conversation with the No. 9 pick in the draft. Acquiring two quarterbacks in as many days would be surprising but the lack of investment in Bridgewater leaves a first-round passer on the table for the Broncos.

22 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I like him and a.m.fine with the pick. Did Denver hi to pick up the contract?

Denver is hardly paying him anything, just $3M (CAR is paying him $7M) and that's the end of his contract from what I can tell.  Breer breaks it down in the tweet linked below. Not sure I follow the part about Teddy keeping $1.5M un-guaranteed, or what happened to the final year of the contract. Seems like the contract was redone, then he was traded. 

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1387477526700863494

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I hope Denver does not draft a qb.

Odds are we'll have a new coaching staff next year and that coach will want his qb.

I'm not sure what this move means other than they don't like Lock. But if a QB (Fields) falls to them ........

Edited by League_Champion

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This move ensures that they are drafting a QB, otherwise what's the point? 

How does adding another veteran QB to your team ENSURE you are drafting a QB. Maybe the point is to use him (and Lock) now and get a QB in 2022. 

It might signal a trade of Lock, but I don't see much value there. Of course a 6th round pick isn't worth much, but this was about salary cap issues for the Panthers (more 2022 than 2021)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

How does adding another veteran QB to your team ENSURE you are drafting a QB. Maybe the point is to use him (and Lock) now and get a QB in 2022. 

It might signal a trade of Lock, but I don't see much value there. Of course a 6th round pick isn't worth much, but this was about salary cap issues for the Panthers (more 2022 than 2021)

It could mean a few things, honestly I don't get the move. Bridgewater or Lock, what's the difference? Neither are winning anything anytime soon. But if a QB falls to them at least they'll have a mentor of sorts. 

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It could mean a few things, honestly I don't get the move. Bridgewater or Lock, what's the difference? Neither are winning anything anytime soon. But if a QB falls to them at least they'll have a mentor of sorts. 

Yes it could mean various things, yet your post was that it ENSURES THEY'RE DRAFTING A QB, which is BS and you just admitted it.

Thanks for playing. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Maybe they just want options. It's Lock really the future?  Can Bridgewater... bridge the gap if needed?  If the guy you like falls in the draft, take him and then you have 3 QBs and hope you find one amongst them.