[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barkley Possibly Out for 3 Weeks

PocketPool

I'm guessing the main point is at least several stud RBs returned to an elite level after tearing an ACL.  But, I think Barkley had more than that to deal with.

I don't have a lot of shares of Saquon, but picked him up today at 2.02 in PPR.  The upside is undeniable if he can stay healthy.

Dalvin Cook tore his ACL as well but didn’t really return to form his first season back. His 2nd year back he looked like himself again.

I don’t think most people are worried that Barkley can return to form it’s just a matter of when. We just need to see it first, that’s why I wasn’t willing to take him this year.

Edited by Finn5033

Booker is a good enough back up to start for a couple of weeks, so I'd expect the Giants to not rush him back, or give him a full load. 

According to reports yesterday from Ian Rappaport "he has not yet been cleared to play week 1, but that will happen soon".

On 8/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, keggerz said:

I've drafted Barkley in multiple leagues this year already and have zero buyers remorse. The odds of getting 16 games from a RB is super low as it is. 

Would you rather have a RB start out strong and fade down the stretch due to injury/wear when you need him most or one that starts slow, hits his stride and finishes strong? As long as you have sufficient depth to carry the first few weeks if they do ease him back into bell cow status I think he's enough of difference maker when healthy to take the risk. 

• Like 1

My 2c is I don't want a guy who hasn't taken a hit yet this year and may not play the first few weeks, and then may be on a snap count. Sure if your team can absorb a few losses early due to a 1st rounder being out and wait for the maybe scenario where he is peaking at the end of the year, go for it. Just seems like there are easier picks in the first round. 2nd round, id say go for it. That's why we play the games tho 

• Like 2