[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barkley Possibly Out for 3 Weeks

PocketPool

Collected Booker in all my leagues and now it's time to sell the Book man. I'm not sure what value I'll get but I figure now is the time. Barkley is a beast but he has so much violence in the way he runs Barkley managers are going to have to hold their breathe every time he gets the rock. 

10 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

Collected Booker in all my leagues and now it's time to sell the Book man. I'm not sure what value I'll get but I figure now is the time. Barkley is a beast but he has so much violence in the way he runs Barkley managers are going to have to hold their breathe every time he gets the rock. 

Why? Now's the time to keep Booker or sell to the Barkley owner. I'd keep Booker until Barkley comes back. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Why? Now's the time to keep Booker or sell to the Barkley owner. I'd keep Booker until Barkley comes back. 

Depends on your team. It's the best time to sell with all the press about Barkley being out and why leave it just to the Barkley owner? No need to cut out buyers. There are many teams that would want a starting running back for 3 weeks. I have also acquired players like this to keep an owner from getting the said player. If you can put another team at a disadvantage especially in your division and you can do so affordably then why not? This is more for dynasty and keeper leagues which is all I play in.  I have been very successful with these tactics.  

4 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

Depends on your team. It's the best time to sell with all the press about Barkley being out and why leave it just to the Barkley owner? No need to cut out buyers. There are many teams that would want a starting running back for 3 weeks. I have also acquired players like this to keep an owner from getting the said player. If you can put another team at a disadvantage especially in your division and you can do so affordably then why not? This is more for dynasty and keeper leagues which is all I play in.  I have been very successful with these tactics.  

You're not going to get much if anything for Booker but he can be a valuable depth piece of Barkley does miss significant time. But only in deep leagues. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

You're not going to get much if anything for Booker but he can be a valuable depth piece of Barkley does miss significant time. But only in deep leagues. 

I'm not selling just to sell. I'll get something of value. A future pick or a depth piece I need more. I don't agree with your not getting much. And if I can't get much then I don't sell.  I just keep him unless I'm happy with the return. You are not forced to sell. I'm just saying this is a great time to sell Booker if you choose, but it's not a situation I have to. 

10 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

I'm not selling just to sell. I'll get something of value. A future pick or a depth piece I need more. I don't agree with your not getting much. And if I can't get much then I don't sell.  I just keep him unless I'm happy with the return. You are not forced to sell. I'm just saying this is a great time to sell Booker if you choose, but it's not a situation I have to. 

Find the Barkley owner, that's your best bet 

• Like 1

Back to Barkley. I have my doubts he can stay healthy all year with that injury and his running style. The Giants are in a tough spot. On one hand, you want him back out there and playing. On the other hand, an injury like that can take multiple seasons to heal where the player is the same prior to the injury.  This is the issue with a serious running back injury. And when you draft a running back this high with the way rookie contracts are the Giants are in a very tough spot. His running style does not help the matter. Hulk smash runner. He is only under contract till 2023 and that includes his 5th-year option. I suppose they could tag him at that point but would they? 

Here is what we know ...

1. Giants have one of the toughest schedules for rbs this year 

https://www.fantasynerds.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule/RB

2. Giants have a terrible offensive line 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked/

3. Barkley is coming off a major injury and may miss time early ... And when he does play it's unsure his workload and his confidence to make the cuts and jukes he is capable of

4. Daniel Jones is in an important year and the is no quarentee he will be successful... And golladay is already showing some injury concerns in camp. Jones is a turnover machine and this offense could be a bottom tier scoring team. 

There is no denying Barkley athletic ability when is healthy .... Noone is denying that ... He has the potential to be the best ... But when you play for a bad team( with major scoring and turnover concerns) with a bad online and a terrible schedule and coming off a terrible Injury I'll take all other rbs going in the first and early second over him ....

But Barkley if your reading this ..... It's not you its me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dnorma2 said:

Here is what we know ...

1. Giants have one of the toughest schedules for rbs this year 

https://www.fantasynerds.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule/RB

2. Giants have a terrible offensive line 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked/

3. Barkley is coming off a major injury and may miss time early ... And when he does play it's unsure his workload and his confidence to make the cuts and jukes he is capable of

4. Daniel Jones is in an important year and the is no quarentee he will be successful... And golladay is already showing some injury concerns in camp. Jones is a turnover machine and this offense could be a bottom tier scoring team. 

There is no denying Barkley athletic ability when is healthy .... Noone is denying that ... He has the potential to be the best ... But when you play for a bad team( with major scoring and turnover concerns) with a bad online and a terrible schedule and coming off a terrible Injury I'll take all other rbs going in the first and early second over him ....

But Barkley if your reading this ..... It's not you its me 

And most importantly...

5. It's the Giants and I hate them. So based on that alone, Barkley shouldn't be drafted. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Out until week 3 means out 2 weeks not 3.  Also it could mean out 0 weeks.  

From @GMFB: The #Giants will likely see RB Saquon Barkley by Week 3 and although no one will rush him, no one has completely ruled out Week 1, either.

Edited by Henry Muto

54 minutes ago, PocketPool said:

Where he is being drafted and with the other available rb and wr options the risk outweighs the reward imo. Atleast for this season. 

His ADP is falling, but not sure it gets to the point where I disagree with your statement.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Same as me, I hate starting out the season iffy like this, I don't need the headache. I spent half of last year waiting for guys like Michael Thomas or Mixon to play

I did the same by holding onto AJ Green. I wasted a roster spot. Never again will I do the above mentioned.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, Henry Muto said:

Out until week 3 means out 2 weeks not 3.  Also it could mean out 0 weeks.  

From @GMFB: The #Giants will likely see RB Saquon Barkley by Week 3 and although no one will rush him, no one has completely ruled out Week 1, either.

A wise man once said "also it could mean out 0 weeks"

Edited by Henry Muto

• 4 weeks later...