[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I have 3 vaccines and just tested positive for Omicron

I feel bad because I can be such a cynic sometimes. When you posted this my first thought was which posters secretly hope you get severely ill and which posters hope you have no symptoms at all, not because they care, but because they want to be right so badly. I need to start being a better person and not expecting the worst out of people. It's turning me into such a curmudgeon.

Anyway, hope you get well soon & your friends and family stay safe from it. Give the Body Armors a try. We had some friends turn us onto those when my wife got Covid and we've been hooked on them ever since. They're made with coconut water and they're high in most of the vitamins and electrolytes you need for a healthy immune system including zinc. They also taste a lot better than gatorade or powerade. As for vitamins, we take daily multivitamins as well as C, D, E & Zinc. The immunity gummies are great too.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I have 3 vaccines and just tested positive for Omicron

I'm curious where and how the Omicron test was performed?  Was it part of a standard PCR test administered somewhere? Or some special test after that?

I was just on the phone with a friend who lives in Warren OH area, he got the virus around Christmas, went to a drive thru clinic at CVS to get tested and found his results online showed he was positive. He was surprised that it did not mention Omicron or other variant info. He contacted them thru their phone lines, talked to somebody and was told "that requires a blood test". He asked "then how is the news states that vast majority of those with COVID have Omicron" to which he was told "That's most likely based on those they test after being admitted to the hospital."  That all made sense to me, as I had heard it took additional testing to determine which variant you had and not every positive test would result in a test for the variant involved. 

My friend and his wife both tested positive, he had some of the body aches, fever and flu like symptoms, both had the cold like crud in throat/sinus with cough etc for a couple weeks after (now almost normal). 

There was an interesting local news story last night, Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland has vending machines with PCR test kits, tests are free (and only for) staff, faculty and students. The tests are processed by an in house lab in the School of Medicine. 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/case-western-reserve-university-stocks-campus-vending-machines-free-covid-19-pcr-tests-students-staff-faculty/95-ca618afe-14f9-45a1-b658-af31e0cc7ab8

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm curious where and how the Omicron test was performed?  Was it part of a standard PCR test administered somewhere? Or some special test after that?

I was just on the phone with a friend who lives in Warren OH area, he got the virus around Christmas, went to a drive thru clinic at CVS to get tested and found his results online showed he was positive. He was surprised that it did not mention Omicron or other variant info. He contacted them thru their phone lines, talked to somebody and was told "that requires a blood test". He asked "then how is the news states that vast majority of those with COVID have Omicron" to which he was told "That's most likely based on those they test after being admitted to the hospital."  That all made sense to me, as I had heard it took additional testing to determine which variant you had and not every positive test would result in a test for the variant involved. 

Either he was tested at a facility that has it's own lab or the testing center made that assumption based on local statistics from other recent positive tests.

Omicron: Can at-home COVID-19 tests tell you which variant you have? – WPXI

To identify which variant a person has, genome sequencing is required. Genome sequencing is done in a laboratory.

When you have a test at a health care facility, the results from that test will go to labs at local health departments or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for genome sequencing.

Edit: I'm curious how many people are notified when the lab or CDC finds a false-positive test. My guess is none.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Why do you think everybody who has gotten vaccinated is just "doing what they are told and not asking questions"?  

The irony is strong isn't it?  The majority of people saying this phrase are listening to medically and scientifically unfounded sources, and then doing what those sources are telling them to.

ETA: Loaf, hope you are feeling better soon. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

The irony is strong isn't it?  The majority of people saying this phrase are listening to medically and scientifically unfounded sources, and then doing what those sources are telling them to.

ETA: Loaf, hope you are feeling better soon. 

Absolutely agree. There are lemmings, sheep, whatever you want to call them on both sides of the debate. But the nut job in that link you posted is in a whole different dimension of stupid. :lol:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Absolutely agree. There are lemmings, sheep, whatever you want to call them on both sides of the debate. But the nut job in that link you posted is in a whole different dimension of stupid. :lol:

He probably got his info from a random blogger on the innernets named 'Tyler Durden' who claims to have "leaked military documents."

Tyler Durden from Fight Club is telling the truth to the non-sheeple.  :headbang:

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Should Ivermectin be allowed for covid treatment?

I've been really skeptical on the Ivermectin thing and as of right now it's really, really difficult to find any info on it that is not coming from an obviously biased source. Would I take it if my doctor thought it would benefit me? Probably so, but it wouldn't really change my view of it. I did read an article from the BBC that seemed to outline why the data that's being used to promote it is faulty. That enough has me wary of it's effectiveness. What I'm really hopeful for are these new therapeutics that are being developed. I'm hoping they work well enough to shutter the Ivermectin debate once & for all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

He probably got his info from a random blogger on the innernets named 'Tyler Durden' who claims to have "leaked military documents."

Tyler Durden from Fight Club is telling the truth to the non-sheeple.  :headbang:

Or this one 

Justice Breyer says that there were "750 million new covid cases yesterday" There are 330 million people who live in America which means everyone apparently got covid twice in the last 24 hours
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, loaf said:

I shouldn't have said Omicron. I'm not sure what I got but I tested positive.

I've got some alkaline waters (Smart & BodyArmor)

Thanks. Sucks I got it again. 

No worries. I think at this point that's a very safe assumption. I was actually wondering earlier how they determine what variant people have because I didn't remember them telling us when my daughter had it. Steve reminded me when he asked you and I just did a quick search. It would be really nice if we got to see the actual lab results. I wonder if that would be considered your personal medical records and you can request it. 

50 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Do the masks we've been wearing for nearly two years work?

Nope...

or maybe they just made too many n95 masks and need to clear inventory?

What's surprising, is that it has taken so long to think about recommending proper masks.
Quote Tweet

@bylenasun

SCOOP: @CDCgov is considering recommending N95 or KN95 masks if people can wear them correctly and consistently, per a source. Me and @rachel_roubein https://washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/10/cdc-weighs-n95-kn95-masks-guidance-omicron/?tid=ss_tw
  • Like 1

It has been clearly stated from multiple resources, included in some of the links recently posted, that the mask guidance is likely being revised because the new variant is more contagious than past strains.  Seems like most should realize the new variant hasn't been around in the US for "two years" or a "long" time. 

Do you two actually read the links you post?  Do you think you come across smart when you post a link, ask a question, with your own link answering that specific question?  It definitely doesn't sound smart when you post a link that contradicts the position you take in the exact same post.  Because these things happen routinely for you two guys.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

N95 masks have always been the only ones that were really effective, but they were never promoted that hard for the general public because of availability. The cloth masks really don't do much other than make you feel safe and, if you have covid, helps keep you from coughing or sneezing on someone. Other than that I really think they are a waste of time, though I'd wear one without complaint if asked to.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

If i had info about why you shouldn't get a booster, would you listen? I'll pm latest but you have to ask because I'm done trying to convince anyone

Is the information unbiased, recent and from a reputable source? If not then you're already standing on loose ground and you have to accept that for what it is. If it is then post it. You're more likely to convince me by standing behind what you post than slipping a note under the table.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Lay off of Fauci, he's been very busy of late.

Fauci’s NIH Division Paid $205K for Researchers To Study Transgender Monkeys

Is that you Rand Paul?

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Free vaccines and testing, why not free masks? 

Many places that require or even recommend masks have them for free at the entrance. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Except they are the garbage masks that are useless. I want free N95 masks if that's all that works. Biden loves giving out free crap, where's our masks?? 

You want the government giving out more free stuff? Really? And you'd wear the masks? 

Are you not able to pay for a few N95 masks? I just searched on Amazon and see lots of options at $1.50 each. 

I also see several stories about free masks available in Milwaukee and at 200 sites in Michigan. 

Oh well, I know you, you're like Hannity and those clowns on F O X , you don't really want to do anything but throw stones at Biden. (Gee maybe you don't think he won the election too.) 

ETA apparently our supreme leader (DMD) has F O X being changed to CBS now...

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

where's our masks?? 

Meh.  You try to troll but it backfires.  

You only come across as someone who incessantly whines about stuff you believe you are entitled to.  Whether they be answers you won't put an effort into figuring out or free masks.

Cowboy up and stop crying.

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Meh.  You try to troll but it backfires.  

You only come across as someone who incessantly whines about stuff you believe you are entitled to.  Whether they be answers you won't put an effort into figuring out or free masks.

Cowboy up and stop crying.

I bet you mask up, don't you Pelosi. Gotta do what they tell ya.