[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

One of my college friends.... best friend of one of my very good friends.... died of COVID the other day.  She was a local, budding politician who fought against the vaccine mandates.  She was not anti-vax, she just didn't think the mandates were fair.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kelly-ernby-california-deputy-district-attorney-dies-covid-complications/

The comments on her personal Facebook page and on Twitter are just incredible.  The gall some people have hiding behind their keyboards is just mind-blowing.  I am not one to get into fights, but I would seriously consider pounding a few of these idiots.  I'm sure you can find the comments if you're so inclined.

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Awesome discussion. :headbang:

I like it!  Like the old days in the TG!  We have a thread that's 21 pages long, alive and well, with heated discussions. 

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

One of my college friends.... best friend of one of my very good friends.... died of COVID the other day.  She was a local, budding politician who fought against the vaccine mandates.  She was not anti-vax, she just didn't think the mandates were fair.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kelly-ernby-california-deputy-district-attorney-dies-covid-complications/

The comments on her personal Facebook page and on Twitter are just incredible.  The gall some people have hiding behind their keyboards is just mind-blowing.  I am not one to get into fights, but I would seriously consider pounding a few of these idiots.  I'm sure you can find the comments if you're so inclined.

Never read the comments on social media.

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Never read the comments on social media.

It's hard not to.  These are people that are actually out and about in this world.  If someone were to actually say some of the things I'm reading, I would most certainly pop them in the grill.   Any time, any place.  :D 

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

"Fauci and Walensky have emphasized that one of the best ways to protect the youngest children is to vaccinate everyone else."

... with the vaccine that does not prevent spreading the virus?

Isn't there a disconnect with the narrative?

It's such a cluster F but people like Johnny Vax Boy (aka Bobby Brown) follow Fauci like it's gospel. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

please, honestly, read this...

"Fauci and Walensky have emphasized that one of the best ways to protect the youngest children is to vaccinate everyone else."

... with the vaccine that does not prevent spreading the virus?

doesn't that seem off or inconsistent?

No it makes total sense to Steve because he's going to agree with everything they tell him to. Don't question, just do. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Can someone pro-vax explain this disconnect?

Ignorance and stupidity. Vaccines work, help minimize the severity of symptoms, prevent many hospitalizations and avoid death and yet people won't get vaxxed. 

It is insanity!  

Honestly, it almost seems like, they are like Rajn, and believe that once you're vaccinated that you can never get covid. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you didn't answer my question?

Last part of my response. 

Edited by irish

Just now, LordOpie said:

But how does fauci claim that vaccinating protects those who aren't?

Agenda and possibly ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Absolutely. It's bewildering how these insane vax Nazis just fall in line. Science, science, science. Shove your science up your arse and open your eyes. 

As much as I'm not a blind sheep just following, I am still a huge proponent for the vaccinations.  

I'm vaccinated, that doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to get vaccinated. 

No, but honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't want to be?

Agree, but that's their right, their body. Who the hell are we to tell anyone what to do? And if you're vaccinated why do you care who's not?

Social responsibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

We just had this conversation. Can't vaccinated people spread Covid as well? The shots are free, anyone can get one. If you have one, and it works, why would you care who doesn't? 

For one, vaccines show they help minimize the need for more intensive Healthcare intervention. The more people that are vaccinated, the less likely hospitals will need to be treating people with Covid and the more likely they'd be able to have room and help others with other pressing needs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

You're an idiot. 

:D

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I don't recall Rajn making that statement but sadly enough there are people out there who genuinely believe that. 

He didn't, I'm just busting his chops.

I think that Fauci statement about protecting kids by having others vaccinated does still relate to virus spread. Maybe the science has shifted some with the Delta and Omicron variants, but earlier it was being reported that vaccinated people would be less likely to contract and therefore spread the virus. It may not totally prevent it (just as it totally doesn't prevent the vaxxed from getting the virus), but some protection is better than none.

Not sure why, but some people (including media, politicians) are acting like since the vaccine doesn't offer 100% protection it offers no protection. Hence the mention of breakthrough cases like they are some sort of indication the vaccine is useless. 

A story on the news last night locally talked about the Ohio National Guard troops who are being used in hospitals to help out, mostly with non medical things (patient transport, food service, etc.) and how only about 50% of them are vaccinated. The head of the Ohio Guard said they are pushing up the deadline to have their troops vaccinated, ahead of the federal deadline (sometime in May/June I believe) to March. "It's a matter of medical readiness" he said. 

I agree with that, but I'm not in favor of the government mandates on business, and believe the courts won't allow that. Eventually we're all going to get it, I prefer to be prepared and ready, vaccinated and boosted according to sign. Rather be a living sheep than a dead bull (or whatever tough symbol LC and others like him think defines their tough guy persona).