[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Jones

Football Fever

8 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

I would. I think he showed enough with the first team in the preseason to be a viable handcuff. That saints O-line is really good so it will help any RB succeed.

I think he showed enough AND Latavius makes way more ($4M?). I read (ESPN’s Adam Schefter) that Latavius was released when he refused to take a pay cut so it wasn’t as if Tony totally outplayed him.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Unless you're handcuffing Kamara he really has no value. You're basically waiting on an injury. 

Exactly. Only take him if you have Kamara. He will get alot of work if Kamara is hurt. Also, Murray did make alot but Jones did out perform him in the preseason. 

Depends on a lot of things, he probably doesn't do much while Kamara is active. But could do well if Kamara goes down. That means he has a lot of value to a Kamara owner, less to somebody without Kamara, but that value is not zero. It depends on many things, your league size, your roster size and required positions etc. I play in a deep league, 12 teams, we start 9 and have 9 on the bench with no position limits. Even though we only start 2RB and no flex many teams have more than 4 RB. Tony Jones was drafted in our league, so was Murray, neither one was by the Kamara owner, but apparently the guy who took Murray had not heard he was released, another owner was saying it after the pick (online Zoom draft) and the owner didn't respond while I muttered "no do overs".  

Also he's new to the team, new QB, and Murray is gone. Hard to say what he does on a weekly basis with Kamara active. Could still have value in big leagues or to a team struggling at RB just looking for somebody that contributes at least a little. Will be interesting to see where Murray lands, some speculation on BAL/ATL.