[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaching Carousel

League_Champion

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

"Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy says he’s ‘full speed ahead’ after meeting with Jerry Jones"

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2022/01/23/cowboys-head-coach-mike-mccarthy-says-hes-full-speed-ahead-after-meeting-with-jerry-jones/?outputType=amp

Not sure I'd count this as a "McCarthy isn't going anywhere" kind of story. Especially without many straight answers on what Jones told him.

So Jerry said you're his coach for next year

Well yes, I mean no, not really....but I'm full steam ahead

What do you say about the criticism of your coaching....

I hear them, they're wrong, I didn't make any mistakes I could go over every one of them but I won't

Regarding penalties McCarthy said 

"we shot ourselves in the hole"  hmm that's an odd twist on the normal expression

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure I'd count this as a "McCarthy isn't going anywhere" kind of story. Especially without many straight answers on what Jones told him.

So Jerry said you're his coach for next year

Well yes, I mean no, not really....but I'm full steam ahead

What do you say about the criticism of your coaching....

I hear them, they're wrong, I didn't make any mistakes I could go over every one of them but I won't

Regarding penalties McCarthy said 

"we shot ourselves in the hole"  hmm that's an odd twist on the normal expression

It's very confusing. I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone. Jerrah isn't happy. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I'm curious is Skippy McDaniels in NE getting any interviews for a head coach job? Or is he still waiting for BB to retire and take over there? 

The Raiders asked for permission to interview him.

This page at NFL.com has a pretty thorough listing of changes as well as interviews, where I see McDaniels on the LVR list.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm-tracker-latest-news-interviews-developments-in-2022-hiring-cycle

It indicates the Bears had 10 HC candidates interviewed and a similar number for GM.