[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaching Carousel

League_Champion

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I really have to question the wisdom of giving somebody a head coaching job in the NFL that has virtually no coaching experience whatsoever (he's done a bit in HS). But then this is the Texans, who are a complete mess right now in many ways. 

I know its been done in the NBA, believe it was Jason Kidd. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I really have to question the wisdom of giving somebody a head coaching job in the NFL that has virtually no coaching experience whatsoever (he's done a bit in HS). But then this is the Texans, who are a complete mess right now in many ways. 

I know its been done in the NBA, believe it was Jason Kidd. 

I don't think Steve Nash had any head coaching experience before starting with the Nets.

9 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I don't think Steve Nash had any head coaching experience before starting with the Nets.

He may be another example. From what I just read in checking it (before posting) was that Kidd went straight from retiring as a player to being a coach. Said he was one of 3 players to do that, others were Mike Dunleavy Sr and Paul Silas.  

From what I could find, Nash last played in 2015, then spent some time consulting for the Warriors before the Nets signed him as HC in 2020. So not part of that group, and if he was never listed as an assistant coach he would qualify as somebody going straight to HC without any time as an assistant. 

13 hours ago, Big John said:

Mike McDaniel to Miami, two 3rds to 49ers.

For those who are not aware, McDaniel is bi-racial (his father is black) so this counts as a minority hire and gives the Dolphins some compensatory picks under the Rooney Rule. Some other info on this guy (who I honestly had not heard of). 

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article258118398.html

Saints were the last opening, right? I guess KC's Bienemy is still not getting a HC job. And they didn't have to wait for him to finish the SB this year. 

CHI - Eberflus

DEN - Hackett

HOU - Lovie

JAX - Pederson

LVR - Josh McDaniels

MIA - Mike McDaniel

MIN - O'Connell

NYG - Daboll

NO - Dennis Allen

Dcat, guess I typed too slow ;) 

Edited by stevegrab

• 3 weeks later...