[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Ball leagues

DMD

6 minutes ago, DMD said:

I love them and play in about 20 each summer. Excellent practice and insight into conventional thinking.

If you play in these leagues, where do you go? 

I usually play at bestball10 https://bestball10s.shgn.com/

RTsports has them. Where else?

FFPC has a bunch of best ball leagues with different league fees and tweaks on # of rounds and roster rules (super flex, no K/Defense options).  I think all the scoring rules are consistent with 1.5 PPR for TEs only.

As you mentioned, great practice for redraft leagues closer to the start of the season.

I do a lot at FFPC and will probably sign up with Underdog since they have a $100 bonus on a $100 deposit.

By the end of this week I'll probably be done with about my 7th best ball draft. 1 team so far with superflex as part of the FFPC best ball superflex tourney ($35 to in $10K)

I will do at least 1 if not 2 teams in their big best ball tourney, i just can't afford to put in the 20+ teams that a lot of the big guns do.

I prefer the FFPC best ball slim format with no kicker or defenses.

This year FFPC added in a $5 level, so I am probably going to do a lot of those as practice so that I can put myself into as many draft situations as possible before the main event draft so that way when under pressure in the bigger drafts it will be situations I've already been in and can better plan the right moves

Edited by Big Country

2 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

How is it played year round?  I know nothing about them

What do you mean by played year round?

It is the same as any other league. Just there is no management post draft (for most leagues). No trades, no waivers, no lineups, your best lineup automatically starts each week and for most it's a total points league.

3 minutes ago, Big Country said:

What do you mean by played year round?

It is the same as any other league. Just there is no management post draft (for most leagues). No trades, no waivers, no lineups, your best lineup automatically starts each week and for most it's a total points league.

Oh, I misunderstood when he mentioned playing in the summer.  For me the management is the best part since I overthink everything.  I got bored with prior redraft leagues, and then sad when the season ended if I had to say goodbye to a stellar team.

6 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Oh, I misunderstood when he mentioned playing in the summer.  For me the management is the best part since I overthink everything.  I got bored with prior redraft leagues, and then sad when the season ended if I had to say goodbye to a stellar team.

They do have dynasty best ball leagues at some places where trades/waivers, etc are part of it.

FFPC BB tournament they had 4500 teams last year I made it into the final 12 but I had zero RBs left standing for week 17 so I finished 12th.

This year they have 9000 teams and will have a field of 63 for week 17 but have doubled 1st place now $200,000 ($125 entry)

For the first time I started using underdog but 451,200 teams isn't really my cup of tea I don't plan on maxing out the 150 entries and while fantasy football has some luck this feels like the power ball lottery.

• Haha 1