[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Staffords elbow issues

devilwoman

Anyone concerned with Staffords elbow issues?  Even after a clean up procedure it seems of concern....should people steer away from him and how would this elbow issue impact Cupps season?  Will he need Tommy John surgery???  

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/rams-qb-matthew-stafford-experiencing-abnormal-elbow-pain

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/04/report-matthew-stafford-deadling-with-bad-elbow-tendinitis/

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/story/2022-08-04/rams-matthew-stafford-tendonitis

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I read that story earlier and was trying to figure out what the "terrible update" was? It sounded like pretty much the same info in stories put out 24 hours earlier (that were linked here already), that he has an elbow issue, maybe its tendinitis, and he won't practice much for the time being. The standard click bait headline makes it sound like he is out for the season or something. 

(no I'm not attacking you or the news itself, just curious what was news worthy and in the update)

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I read that story earlier and was trying to figure out what the "terrible update" was? It sounded like pretty much the same info in stories put out 24 hours earlier (that were linked here already), that he has an elbow issue, maybe its tendinitis, and he won't practice much for the time being. The standard click bait headline makes it sound like he is out for the season or something. 

(no I'm not attacking you or the news itself, just curious what was news worthy and in the update)

Typical Snooki McClickbait.  It's an odd condition; one that's more prevalent in pitchers.  He's still taking part in many drills, so doesn't sound like there's much concern.  I'm watching this closely, though, since I do own Kupp in several formats.  The next 7-10 days will be telling.

44 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

When I hear baseball player with elbow injury I don’t think tendinitis…I think UCL injury. 

• Like 3

If his elbow is even slightly bothering him now....he is going to have a long season trying to keep that thing healthy.  Even if it is just tendenitis....once irritated, tendonitis can be a real issue especially with the repetitiveness of the throwning motion...doesn't look good....just my opinion.  :coffee:

On 8/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, j4pac said:

When I hear baseball player with elbow injury I don’t think tendinitis…I think UCL injury. 

Yeah this would be the problem for me and the fact that they're being cagey about it is not increasing my confidence, for now.

Passing on Stafford as a QB is the easy part. The problem is what, if anything, are you going to do about Kupp and ARob? That's some potentially very high draft capital talent.