[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better early season Impact, George Pickens or Jalen Tolbert?

banerak

A few weeks ago I would have said Tolbert, only because Gallup is coming back from injury.  That said, Gallup avoided the PUP and could be ready as soon as Week 2.

Still, lots of mouths to feed in PIT with an iffy QB situation.  I don't know if Pickens overtakes Claypool as the #2, but DIonte is a target hound, Freiermuth is there and Najee commands a lot of targets out of the backfield.

If I had to pick I think I'd go Tolbert.

I question the chemistry with Gallup and Dak.  I don't have any stats to quote but tend to watch Dallas games and I don't see Gallup evolving into an elite WR there.  So I think we'll get a good impression of Tolbert relatively soon.  I'm hoping at least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harrison Golightly said:

Pickens all day long to. many mouths to feed in Dallas. Pickens is a monster with  a high ceiling.

Tolbert as the season goes on Better team injury may happen where he could see a uptick

Pickens #2 option

Robert #4 option maybe #5

Huh?  There aren't mouths to feed in PIT?  Dionte, Claypool, Freiermuth and Harris out of the backfield are all probably ahead of Pickens.  We're not talking about preseason targets here.

In Dallas you have Lamb, the void left by Gallup for the time being, and Schultz.  Who else am I missing?  Pollard?  Yeah, Pollard... the RUNNING BACK they were going to split out wide because they have no other WRs.  Enter Tolbert.

Early season, give me Tolbert... long-term, maybe Pickens ascends the pecking order.

• Like 2

Tolbert hasn't looked at good as hoped, at least not yet. It will be interesting to see how DAL handles the receiver situation. Lamb and Schultz are locks, but after that it is less certain. Pollard could be a difference maker.

39 minutes ago, DMD said:

Tolbert hasn't looked at good as hoped, at least not yet. It will be interesting to see how DAL handles the receiver situation. Lamb and Schultz are locks, but after that it is less certain. Pollard could be a difference maker.

That's a bummer for him, he had a gaping void to fill there.  Given that I would lean Pickens, even though there's 2, maybe 3, guys ahead of him in the pecking order.