[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty owner quit 3 hours before kickoff

1fastdoc

This just pisses me off. I set the line up based on Yahoo best predictions and now I have to try to find an owner. The team is decent but last year he slacked (8-7)and i think it auto drafted. He's got Kupp, Kamara, Kelce, Godwin, Evans, Tua, Ryan, Winston... 

We all know each other at least slightly. Our buy in is 200 and so far no takers. 

Do I reduce the buy in for a new guy? Hold firm at 200? I hate to reduce it when they could be a contender. 

Wow that sucks, personally owners need to pay prior to the draft, I think it's really hard now.  Can you agree to set his lineup by best possible (or best ball) and just roll without them for the year, just need everyone to agree to the same set of requirements going forward. 

• Like 1

Wow that blows, but looks like you've got a buyer. Suggestions to do reduced amount etc make sense too. 

Agree that getting money before the draft is the only way to go, even among friends. We had one guy dragging his feet one year and had the nerve of telling the commissioner (around week 2-3 after repeated requests) "what' the big deal". My usually calm co-commissioner gave it to the guy, "yes what is the big deal indeed, you knew about this weeks ago, be an adult and get me the money now." 

23 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

reduced buy in followed by half winnings returned equally to all owners if he wins it all.

This seems reasonable.  We pay out the top 4 but I can do a little math if it becomes necessary.  The team started out with a win and has the 4th highest point total. 

I'm still trying to find someone I know personally to take over the team.  

The irony is that the owner who quit was a former sportscaster for ABC here in Nashville.   He's savvy when it comes to talent and has called quite a few studs well before they rose up the ranks.