[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L Jackson #1 rushing QB who's #2 (no cheating)

dougsullivan

23 minutes ago, dougsullivan said:

It may surprise you.

first thought is Daniel Jones.  I went 3/3 on prop bets yesterday and one of them was D Jones > 33.5 yds rushing.  I look to the D Jones rushing yds prop every week but especially when the NYG face a decent pass rush. Cashed 3 out of 4 times this season so far on that one.

The other prop bets I made were Jacobs >83.5 rushing and Adams > 80.5 receiving.  Jacobs was the big bet.  Houston doesn't defend the run.  I should have done a TD prop on Jacobs too, but happy to cash in 3 for 3 on these.  

Jones for sure especially after his 100 yard output this week. And it’s really not that surprising he’s had a few others I believe this year around 50-60 yards.

Saw some fantasy podcast surfing the inter webs talking about him before even this weeks 100 yards. Saying he was just below his total from 2021 already before this week. And I thought they said his first or second year in the league he was right around 500 yards rushing for that year. 

He’s athletic and deceivingly quick so I could see him being in the mix for years of top rushing QBs. That is if he keeps his job.

29 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Jones for sure especially after his 100 yard output this week. And it’s really not that surprising he’s had a few others I believe this year around 50-60 yards.

Saw some fantasy podcast surfing the inter webs talking about him before even this weeks 100 yards. Saying he was just below his total from 2021 already before this week. And I thought they said his first or second year in the league he was right around 500 yards rushing for that year. 

He’s athletic and deceivingly quick so I could see him being in the mix for years of top rushing QBs. That is if he keeps his job.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

I rolled the dice on Jones in a couple leagues this year because of the Daboll factor.  Jones hasn't been elite by any stretch but the rushing potential will net some decent weeks.  All the more reason to wait on QB in redraft leagues.  Case in point... Geno Smith is QB8, Jones is QB10.  Heck, Lawrence is QB9 (another QB that can do it with his feet if needed, especially around goal line).

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I hope they sign him to an 8 year, 300 million dollar extension 😊

First things first...congrats on your Phillies, I am now a Phillies fan for a maximum of 7 games. 

My Yankees are snake bit by a team that I truly hate, and there's nothing I can do about it. 

I hope your Phillies can wipe the smirks off their faces. 

Now, football.

I love Jones's guts, competitiveness, and heart, and I am truly rooting for him. But I still say he's not our future.

His "just above game manager" brand of quarterbacking is just not sustainable in the long run. I'm really torn bc I really like the guy, but as a fan of the team first, I want them to pursue an upgrade in next year's draft.

Maybe they can sign Jones to a short term "bridge" contract, but he might not go for that, we'll see. 

Meanwhile, I feel like at any moment I'm gonna wake up, and the Giants will be 2-5, and that this was all a dream.

That's how unlikely their success this season has been.

Edited by Running With Daboll

2 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

First things first...congrats on your Phillies, I am now a Phillies fan for a maximum of 7 games. 

Thank you Sir. 

If the Giants go on a nice run and win a playoff game or 2 how do they not resign Jones? If they keep winning they'll have a late first round pick when they draft, they might miss out on the QB Fest. 

Either way good for the Giants, they are the right path for sure. 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thank you Sir. 

If the Giants go on a nice run and win a playoff game or 2 how do they not resign Jones? If they keep winning they'll have a late first round pick when they draft, they might miss out on the QB Fest. 

Either way good for the Giants, they are the right path for sure. 

Thanks, they are definitely back on track, and to your point...it figures that they will probably not be in a position to grab one of the top QB prospects next year, because in the cruelest of ironies, THIS, of all seasons, is the season they might get double digit wins.

Assuming that happens, their only shot at one of those guys is to trade up for one. It's going to be really interesting to see how all of this plays out.

I'll say this for Jones...he's doing everything he can to make the FO's decision as hard as possible, and I really respect and admire him for that.

Edited by Running With Daboll