[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

K Toney to Chiefs

Dcat

Add Kadarius Toney to the Chefs' kitchen.  NYG get a 3rd and a 6th for the former 1st round pick.

Interestingly (at least for Jets fans), Elijah Moore was taken 14 picks after, near top of rd 2.  (Bateman somewhere in between them).

Not exactly your premium WR class there, is it?  Injuries and tude.

Edited by Dcat

• Dcat changed the title to K Toney to Chiefs

Glad I didn't give anything up for Mecole Hardman in one of my dynasty leagues.  Even harder to rely on any one Chief WR now.  I think JuJu may have emerged as the one to own - if any - but these secondary guys like Hardman, MVS and now Toney are going to just suck on each other's value teet.

The guy is talented, if often injured and there's been questions about his heart going all the way back to college. Having said that, with the HUGE upgrade in QB and passing offense in general, if he gets and stays on the field, he could be very nice. I'd only add if I have an easy drop for him. 

Toney has upside - think about it... the Chiefs have Skyy Moore lurking but haven't seen him develop enough, and they have come to realize MVS is just a guy. Hardman remains gadget-y, and JuJu has been just ok. But none of these guys are guys who win consistently either via separation or by winning 50/50 balls. The Chiefs wouldn't have parted with draft capital just for Toney to split snaps with this raggedy crew. They made a move because they need someone to step up and be a real playmaker. Skyy isn't ready, and nobody else has separated enough. They will give Toney plenty of opportunity. A lot of the outcome depends on Toney's motivation. He is a knucklehead, but the Chiefs apparently think the risk is worth the upside.

And no, I don't have Toney rostered... 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

Toney has upside - think about it... the Chiefs have Skyy Moore lurking but haven't seen him develop enough, and they have come to realize MVS is just a guy. Hardman remains gadget-y, and JuJu has been just ok. But none of these guys are guys who win consistently either via separation or by winning 50/50 balls. The Chiefs wouldn't have parted with draft capital just for Toney to split snaps with this raggedy crew. They made a move because they need someone to step up and be a real playmaker. Skyy isn't ready, and nobody else has separated enough. They will give Toney plenty of opportunity. A lot of the outcome depends on Toney's motivation. He is a knucklehead, but the Chiefs apparently think the risk is worth the upside.

And no, I don't have Toney rostered... 

I agree. Solid points.

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Toney can be the explosive dime store version of Hill 

Dime store.  Yes. Hill has more talent but more importantly 400x the heart and discipline.  Toney is a team room liability that, imo, isnt worth the 2 games a year blowup.    Maybe KC can breath some sense into that dim wit.