[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens vs Buccaneers (TNF)

League_Champion

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Gus going out with injury helped. 

That did help. Players going out with injuries is never the way I like it to happen though.

2 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Its coming together, right?

It is coming together, but with the other 4 RB's I have Drake will never sniff my starting lineup. I hope not at least. 

• Like 1

Just now, Holy Tuck said:

That did help. Players going out with injuries is never the way I like it to happen though.

Its a 100% inevitablility, and anyone who uses the concept of "handcuff" is basically saying "if the starter gets hurt".  No one likes injuries, but its a fact of the game and guys are compensated accordingly right from the start. 

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Go for the TD, and do the same on the next drive.  No OT.  Play to win. 

No way in hell does any team do that. 

7 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Bucs exposed the past couple weeks, huh?   Damn.

Yup

3 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

It just cost them the game, no?

No one play ever costs a team the game, ever. By kicking the FG, they allowed themselves to stay in the game. Their defense couldn't hold. If they had, they would've been right there. Them's the breaks.

Ask any good football mind, what decision they'd make there and you'd get the answer of FG, resoundingly. 

Edited by irish

10 hours ago, Holy Tuck said:

I am actually glad I kept Kenyan Drake as my 5th RB. He has had a pretty serviceable game tonight. 

But would you ever consider putting him in your lineup? Based on how you've talked about BAL RBs in numerous posts I doubt it. Maybe if there were only one left active, and Lamar was playing with a broken leg ;)   Just read where you stated as much in this thread. 

Some teams are desperate, they need to find points where they can. 12 & 14 team leagues with injuries and byes are thin, most teams don't have 4 NFL starting RBs on their squad (32 / 12 = less than 3). I started the season with what I thought were 3 starters, Jacobs, Akers and Conner and a couple backups (Mattison & Ingram). Akers quickly showed he wasn't the starter, but I was also struggling at QB and TE and my first RB move was Edwards in week 6, then another 5 RMs to grab other RBs (including dropping Edwards and re-adding him later as I needed a healthy player that week). 

Edited by stevegrab

9 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Yet another Thursday Night dud...

I was hoping for a tie, hate both teams. But since the Browns aren't going anywhere this year I'm happy hearing the Tompa Boy Bradys lost. May watch the game on highlights, their loss to CAR was quite entertaining. 

10 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Its a 100% inevitablility, and anyone who uses the concept of "handcuff" is basically saying "if the starter gets hurt".  No one likes injuries, but its a fact of the game and guys are compensated accordingly right from the start. 

Injuries are part of the game and they are a big part of Fantasy Football. Hell, injuries are one of the major things that keeps us talking each week about players to pick up off the Waiver Wire and sneaky players emerge.

27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

But would you ever consider putting him in your lineup? Based on how you've talked about BAL RBs in numerous posts I doubt it. Maybe if there were only one left active, and Lamar was playing with a broken leg ;)   Just read where you stated as much in this thread. 

Some teams are desperate, they need to find points where they can. 12 & 14 team leagues with injuries and byes are thin, most teams don't have 4 NFL starting RBs on their squad (32 / 12 = less than 3). I started the season with what I thought were 3 starters, Jacobs, Akers and Conner and a couple backups (Mattison & Ingram). Akers quickly showed he wasn't the starter, but I was also struggling at QB and TE and my first RB move was Edwards in week 6, then another 5 RMs to grab other RBs (including dropping Edwards and re-adding him later as I needed a healthy player that week). 

Nope, I wouldn't consider playing him over Swift, Sanders, Connor or Gordon III unless I had several injuries to deal with. The whole committee thing at RB in BAL , plus adding Lamar into the mix makes for potential disaster each week. In my league Cam Akers sits on the Waiver Wire and I have OBJ on my team banking that he will be picked up by the trade deadline. I think I have chosen to hold onto OBJ instead of picking up Akers because my WR situation is a bit weaker as a whole than my RB situation. The Akers situation, if I were to pick him up over OBJ would be the exact same situation I am doing now. Just a wait and see where he will be traded to. If he doesn't get traded then I am screwed. I really don't know what the best decision is there. Regardless, right now I am holding onto Drake for at least until he goes into his BYE week. 

1 hour ago, Holy Tuck said:

Injuries are part of the game and they are a big part of Fantasy Football. Hell, injuries are one of the major things that keeps us talking each week about players to pick up off the Waiver Wire and sneaky players emerge.

Nope, I wouldn't consider playing him over Swift, Sanders, Connor or Gordon III unless I had several injuries to deal with. The whole committee thing at RB in BAL , plus adding Lamar into the mix makes for potential disaster each week. In my league Cam Akers sits on the Waiver Wire and I have OBJ on my team banking that he will be picked up by the trade deadline. I think I have chosen to hold onto OBJ instead of picking up Akers because my WR situation is a bit weaker as a whole than my RB situation. The Akers situation, if I were to pick him up over OBJ would be the exact same situation I am doing now. Just a wait and see where he will be traded to. If he doesn't get traded then I am screwed. I really don't know what the best decision is there. Regardless, right now I am holding onto Drake for at least until he goes into his BYE week. 

That all makes sense. Hopefully you can understand why some people are stashing guys like Drake/Edwards or Foreman/Hubbard  as potential RB plays due to their situations. My WR are more solid than my RB, always have been that way. So I'm always scraping the bottom of the barrel, hoping somebody can do something. Heck this week Jacobs, Conner, Edwards and Hubbard all had injury designations, leaving me with Herbert/Mattison as the only 2 fully healthy RBs. And that is with 1/3 of my 18 man roster filled with RB for 2 of 9 starting spots. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

That all makes sense. Hopefully you can understand why some people are stashing guys like Drake/Edwards or Foreman/Hubbard  as potential RB plays due to their situations. My WR are more solid than my RB, always have been that way. So I'm always scraping the bottom of the barrel, hoping somebody can do something. Heck this week Jacobs, Conner, Edwards and Hubbard all had injury designations, leaving me with Herbert/Mattison as the only 2 fully healthy RBs. And that is with 1/3 of my 18 man roster filled with RB for 2 of 9 starting spots. 

It certainly has been rough with all of these injuries. As you can see with my RB's, I also had my share of injuries with Swift and Connor. Swift is definitely back this week and I hope Connor is as well. I fully understand why Fantasy Football Owner stash players like Drake/Edwards and Foreman/Hubbard. If these RB's do have to enter your lineup you can only hope that they put up serviceable numbers to keep you in the match up for that week. 

I have been playing FFB for several years, but certainly not as long as many that are on this site for sure as I am only 25 years old, but one thing I do know for sure is each week there will be players popping up to be considered as roster stashes. It happens every week and that is what makes FFB fun to play and to talk about. 

32 minutes ago, Holy Tuck said:

It certainly has been rough with all of these injuries. As you can see with my RB's, I also had my share of injuries with Swift and Connor. Swift is definitely back this week and I hope Connor is as well. I fully understand why Fantasy Football Owner stash players like Drake/Edwards and Foreman/Hubbard. If these RB's do have to enter your lineup you can only hope that they put up serviceable numbers to keep you in the match up for that week. 

I have been playing FFB for several years, but certainly not as long as many that are on this site for sure as I am only 25 years old, but one thing I do know for sure is each week there will be players popping up to be considered as roster stashes. It happens every week and that is what makes FFB fun to play and to talk about. 

I bet there a good number of old times here who have played FFB almost as long (or longer) than you've been alive. My league has 30+ years, most of us worked together when it started or were friends of the commissioner. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I bet there a good number of old times here who have played FFB almost as long (or longer) than you've been alive. My league has 30+ years, most of us worked together when it started or were friends of the commissioner. 

I think that is great that a league has been going for that long. FFB can provide us all with weekly headaches, but it is also full of loads of fun.