[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commanders vs Eagles (MNF)

League_Champion

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

They really should consider the best possible way to get the best trained refs out there, too much money resting on the decisions resting on a few guys who may not be up to the job. One call one way or the other can determine a lot of games. In general I think they do okay, it is a super fast bang bang sport, it's not a job I would want honestly. But they need to do whatever it takes to get the best people possible. 

There has to be an eye in the sky. Egregious misses like that are unacceptable. 

Washington played more inspired football. However, it's really hard to like Washington's QB. He ain't great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

There has to be an eye in the sky. Egregious misses like that are unacceptable. 

Washington played more inspired football. However, it's really hard to like Washington's QB. He ain't great.

I really think this is the reason why Payton quit the competition committee. He's advocated for full time refs, geo tracking balls & a booth ref for quite a long time and for some weird reason the league has completely resisted any improvements to officiating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I really think this is the reason why Payton quit the competition committee. He's advocated for full time refs, geo tracking balls & a booth ref for quite a long time and for some weird reason the league has completely resisted any improvements to officiating.

There's people out there who know the best thing to do to get the calls right, whether that is better refs, eye in the sky, better booth people or what. The unpredictability and parity is nice for keeping it close, but you don't want a road where errant calls start determining a lot of games. That Vikes game they missed an incompletion at the end of regulation which likely would have given the Vikings the win, and missed a 12 men on the field in OT which caused Cook to get dropped for a 3 yard loss on the 5 yard line, dramatically changing that series. MN ending up winning, but they would have been pretty salty if they had lost. 

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

There's people out there who know the best thing to do to get the calls right, whether that is better refs, eye in the sky, better booth people or what.

There was a replay that showed the Ref staring right at it unobstructed. There's no way he didn't see it. If he didn't see it then he's either blind or works for someone in Vegas because that was impossible to miss. Dert damn near had his head ripped off. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

There was a replay that showed the Ref staring right at it unobstructed. There's no way he didn't see it. If he didn't see it then he's either blind or works for someone in Vegas because that was impossible to miss. Dert damn near had his head ripped off. 

Yeah, I dunno, I don't think it is a facemask unless you pull the guy's helmet completely off and hold it up as a trophy

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/11/15/missed-facemask-penalty-costs-eagles-loss-commanders-video

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Thank you! Do you see #93 staring right at it? Tell me how he couldn't of seen that? 

The interception Dalton threw should have been a pass interference. Jarvis Landry jumped to high-point the ball and the DB was holding his arms down so the ball sailed over his head. Also, the pass interference on Adebo that set up the Steelers last score. The commentator was saying that Adebo needed to get his head around, but you could clearly see that he was turned around looking for the ball and Freiermuth ran through HIM going for the ball. The ref was right there in both cases. Two very big calls/non-calls that could have changed the course of the game. One of my coworkers is a big Pittsburgh fan and the first thing he said to me was that the refs helped them out a lot. I don't agree, just like the Eagles, the Saints played very poorly and deserved to lose that game. But still, you hate to see poor officiating put a taint on a game whether you win or lose and it happens far more often than it should.

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

just like the Eagles, the Saints played very poorly and deserved to lose that game. But still, you hate to see poor officiating put a taint on a game whether you win or lose and it happens far more often than it should

Yup, don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the referees. The Eagles absolutely deserved to lose that game, they were totally outplayed and out coached. But jeeze, how did 93 miss that call?? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the referees. The Eagles absolutely deserved to lose that game, they were totally outplayed and out coached. But jeeze, how did 93 miss that call?? 

Even the most casual of fans at home saw that. My brother was saying right away, "They can't review that right? That blows"

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Even the most casual of fans at home saw that. My brother was saying right away, "They can't review that right? That blows"

It's disturbing that they are missing such critical obvious calls. And it was all weekend. I couldn't believe how many bad or non-calls there were. It really makes you wonder. 🤔

59 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's disturbing that they are missing such critical obvious calls. And it was all weekend. I couldn't believe how many bad or non-calls there were. It really makes you wonder. 🤔

Well thats one good reason to get it right. There are hundreds of millions if not billions being wagered. Refs making 200K. A good salary for sure but you don't want suspicion to come to the league, a ref buying operation would be devastating.