[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smoking gun testimony

Bobby Brown

Lol, you want ME to give you tRump's policy? :rofl:

- I'm the bestest president evah!

- I will maga all over your chest!

- I will build a shiny, perfect, beautiful wall that will stop all illegal entry, all drug trafficking, all human trafficking,  because that all we need and it will be the bestsest, because I am the bestest

- I will single-handedly stop WWIII and the nuclear holocaust in one day because Putin is mah beetch!

-I will stop all China everything because Xi is mah beetch!

-Merica is great, but only because I am great!

Does that about sum it up? :lol:

Your turn,  talk Biden's policy...

Edit: and do it without mentioning or referring to tRump, go! :lol:

Edited by rajncajn
  • Haha 1

No. That's not policy.

Policy is stuff like protecting women's health rights versus destroying their rights.

Policy is protecting our lands versus destroying them for big corporations to use and destroy at will. 

Slashing greenhouse pollutants.

Stuff like that. 

So forget about Trump. I am sure you want to do that. What are some Republican presidential policies you favor?

1 minute ago, gilthorp said:

No. That's not policy.

Policy is stuff like protecting women's health rights versus destroying their rights.

Policy is protecting our lands versus destroying them for big corporations to use and destroy at will. 

Slashing greenhouse pollutants.

Stuff like that. 

So forget about Trump. I am sure you want to do that. What are some Republican presidential policies you favor?

I'm not one for debating candidate policy. I'm only intelligent enough to know that I'm not intelligent enough to really talk specifics on policy. If you want to talk topics, I can talk topics from a layman's perspective and I can give opinions.

I'd be more than happy to talk personal feelings on issues with anyone as long as they keep it civil and keep an open mind. But I'll be perfectly honest, you don't give me the impression that you would do that when you start with antagonistic examples. If you only talk in extremes and refuse to be open to common ground, I'm not going to waste my time.

Cool. I guess I'm saving you time then if you don't wish to discuss policy, even if you wish to express personal feelings about them.

My personal feelings are to protect women's health rights, and to protect our beautiful lands, and to try to reduce greenhouse pollutants. How about you?

I tell you what Gil. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you deserve at least that. How about we start a thread for each topic that we would like to discuss and let's just discuss it while trying to leave our politics out of it. No talking about what Biden did or Trump did or how congress or the courts are doing this or that. Let's just talk about the issues and how we see them.

All I ask is that you give me about a week. Right now I'm deep into contract support proposal reviews and I'm putting in 14+ hours (today I'll likely hit 18) every day at the computer with very little time for any sort of distraction. When I'm free, I'll kick it off. Or you can kick it off and I'll just catch up when I can.

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I tell you what Gil. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you deserve at least that. How about we start a thread for each topic that we would like to discuss and let's just discuss it while trying to leave our politics out of it. No talking about what Biden did or Trump did or how congress or the courts are doing this or that. Let's just talk about the issues and how we see them.

All I ask is that you give me about a week. Right now I'm deep into contract support proposal reviews and I'm putting in 14+ hours (today I'll likely hit 18) every day at the computer with very little time for any sort of distraction. When I'm free, I'll kick it off. Or you can kick it off and I'll just catch up when I can.

Here...I quote.

My personal feeling is positive about legislating and pushing through an Infrastructure bill that is completely beneficial to the country.

I won't get into the lowest unemployment rate this country has seen in my lifetime, but that sure seems good, unless people are against employment I guess.

I could go on. I have great personal feelings about the Chips and Science Act. I mean, perhaps people don't want to invest in this and not produce more STEM jobs for the next generation, but maybe I am just weird to like this.

My personal feelings are in line with trying to make progress on gun reform like has happened. I think that's good. I believe the rights of all are "trying" to be protected - I like that too.

Need more?

How about the reform to the Electoral Count Act? I see that as progress to an ever changing electorate. My personal feeling is that is good for the health of this country. 

What do you think of these items?

Perhaps someone can chime in with what legislation the last administration accomplished. I stopped paying attention when the very first thing they did was reversed a previous policy that made it illegal for people who were declared mentally insane to carry a firearm.

Then, there was some tax break for the rich that hasn't helped us get out of our current situation fiscally.

9 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Perhaps someone can chime in with what legislation the last administration accomplished. I stopped paying attention when the very first thing they did was reversed a previous policy that made it illegal for people who were declared mentally insane to carry a firearm.

Then, there was some tax break for the rich that hasn't helped us get out of our current situation fiscally.

Beyond the tax break not much policy beyond hating on the libs. Trump did sign a lot of executive orders but Biden essentially de-ordered most of those his first days in office.

Biden has signed considerable legislation thus far.  Including somethings like an infrastructure bill, that were promised but not delivered on by the Trump administration

33 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Here...I quote.

My personal feeling is positive about legislating and pushing through an Infrastructure bill that is completely beneficial to the country.

I won't get into the lowest unemployment rate this country has seen in my lifetime, but that sure seems good, unless people are against employment I guess.

I could go on. I have great personal feelings about the Chips and Science Act. I mean, perhaps people don't want to invest in this and not produce more STEM jobs for the next generation, but maybe I am just weird to like this.

My personal feelings are in line with trying to make progress on gun reform like has happened. I think that's good. I believe the rights of all are "trying" to be protected - I like that too.

Need more?

How about the reform to the Electoral Count Act? I see that as progress to an ever changing electorate. My personal feeling is that is good for the health of this country. 

What do you think of these items?

Sure Gil, that sounds good. Looking forward to it. 

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I'm just going to start doing like Gil and not direct quoting you, steve. That way maybe you won't get offended by thinking everything is always specifically about you.

Good for you, maybe I'll ignore you since your posts lately are not worth reading. 

The the Trump policy list was spot on, and would get you fired from the GOP according to his followers. 

Edited by stevegrab

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Good for you, maybe I'll ignore you since your posts lately are not worth reading. 

Yet you continue to read and respond to them.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The the Trump policy list was spot on, and would get you fired from the GOP according to his followers. 

Well,  I'm not a republican so I couldn't care less.

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Yet you continue to read and respond to them.

Well,  I'm not a republican so I couldn't care less.

You may not be a registered Republican but you vote with them, at least based on a little info you've shared. You also have told us you are conservative and have said things that sound like the views of the extreme right (that stuff about mail in voting). 

34 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You may not be a registered Republican but you vote with them, at least based on a little info you've shared. You also have told us you are conservative and have said things that sound like the views of the extreme right (that stuff about mail in voting). 

Lol, yes. When you consider anything even remotely "right" of your opinion to be "extreme," I could see how you would see it that way.

• Sad 1

In order to not forget over 18 hour days and whatnot...what are your personal feelings on some of the topics I put out there?

Are you for improved infrastructure or against it?

Are you for treating people equally as United States citizens, or against it?

Are you personally for investing in science and semiconductor manufacturing or against it?

Are you for laws that protect women's Healthcare, or are you against it?

Let's start there.

Edited by gilthorp

6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Lol, yes. When you consider anything even remotely "right" of your opinion to be "extreme," I could see how you would see it that way.

Well, you did claim that anyone interpreting Trump's actions leading up to Jan 6 as inciteful are "stupid."  Therefore, its pretty clear you are far to the right of moderates like Burr, Cassidy, Collins, Romney Murkowski, Sasse, Tooomey, GW, and both Cheneys.  You've expressed support for Desantis, whose platform seems to be nothing beyond fighting some BS social right wing culture war.  

Perhaps you could be perceived as extreme at times based on positions you take when you post?

:shrug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, you did claim that anyone interpreting Trump's actions leading up to Jan 6 as inciteful are "stupid." 

Show me where I said that. Quote it. Show me where I said "his actions leading up to..."

Edited by rajncajn

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

:rolleyes:

Lol, you're the one who started this "his mo" thing. Come on, what are you scared of? Are you going to run away or admit that you're a manipulative, trolling liar?

Don't worry, your friends are going to side with you whether you're a liar or not because I'm a dirty, evil, hate-filled conservative (and probably a closet republican and "magat" too!!!).

So quote where I "claim that anyone interpreting Trump's actions leading up to Jan 6 as inciteful are "stupid."

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Lol, you're the one who started this "his mo" thing. Come on, what are you scared of? Are you going to run away or admit that you're a manipulative, trolling liar?

You made your position on Trump's influence on the insurrection clear.  No need to play your wishful game of semantics.

Never have I seen someone who likes to argue so much get so butthurt over mild replies on his stated positions.

Edited by Bobby Brown

On 8/16/2023 at 9:47 AM, Bobby Brown said:

You made your position on Trump's influence on the insurrection clear.  No need to play your wishful game of semantics.

Never have I seen someone who likes to argue so much get so butthurt over mild replies on his stated positions.

The only thing that's clear is that you like to give your own interpretation and post it as fact. The only fact here is that you're a liar.

Seriously,  why are you even on this forum? You contribute absolutely nothing but trollish behavior. I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't find a single post that's not in a political/social issue thread and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of those posts are arguing with someone or trying to get under their skin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

:tweed:

Either start a thread or wait until I have time to start one and put my thoughts together. Today was the only day I had off in over a week and I had a lot or personal manure to take care of.

Right now I'm on my way to see my daughter perform their preview show with the band at college. Tomorrow,  i have to go back to work.  So again,  you're going to have to wait.

45 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

The only thing that's clear is that you like to give your own interpretation and post it as fact. The only fact here is that you're a liar.

Seriously,  why are you even on this forum? You contribute absolutely nothing but trollish behavior. I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't find a single post that's not in a political/social issue thread and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of those posts are arguing with someone or trying to get under their skin.

Meh. 

Trump had been inciting civil unrest for days and weeks.  The fight like hell comment was "interpreted" to be the proverbial straw in a series of statements to undermine a democratic election. 

Many moderate Republicans stated it was pouring gasoline on the Qanon fire.

You stated anyone seeing it that way is "stupid."

Stop pretending you don't take certain positions that you clearly took

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Meh. 

Trump had been inciting civil unrest for days and weeks.  The fight like hell comment was "interpreted" to be the proverbial straw in a series of statements to undermine a democratic election. 

Many moderate Republicans stated it was pouring gasoline on the Qanon fire.

You stated anyone seeing it that way is "stupid."

Stop pretending you don't take certain positions that you clearly took

Keep trying to justify your lie.