[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smoking gun testimony

Bobby Brown

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

I read it again.  You're the biggest victim around and it's everyone else's fault.  The ultimate victimhood you experience has nothing to do with your own actions.  It's unfair.  

I agree with you.  

Speaking of victims, you got butthurt because YOU said I was calling everyone stupid for thinking Trump's actions incited Jan 6 when I didn't say that at all.

I said, the idea that saying "we need to fight" is a call to commit violence is stupid. Especially considering it's rhetoric that's been used over and over again by many politicians from both parties. I also said in another post that I think that Trump's rhetoric opened the door for it to happen. He certainly had plenty of fault, which I also said in the same post. You are the one who started crying victim here and you are the one who got butthurt when I called you out for being the troll and liar that you are.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, gilthorp said:

Here...I quote.

My personal feeling is positive about legislating and pushing through an Infrastructure bill that is completely beneficial to the country.

We need roads and bridges. My own state's infrastructure has been in bad shape for quite a while, so that is a positive. Mississippi is also benefitting from the investments in broadband access, clean water upgrades and the ports projects among other things. I'm not sold that the investments into EVs are going to pay off in the long run, but it's not really much different than the oil & gas subsidies. I think it's a big risk to go hard and fast at this, but I've been wrong before. All I know is that even with the subsidies, I still can't afford any of the technology. Hell, I'm struggling just to keep my head above water right now. I'd be REALLY happy just to be able to replace my windows or improve my insulation, but I can't even think about that right now. Buying a new EV or solar panels to take advantage of these subsidies is really nowhere near a priority for me and I doubt it will be anytime soon, if ever.

I won't get into the lowest unemployment rate this country has seen in my lifetime, but that sure seems good, unless people are against employment I guess.

Low unemployment is always good, but sans Covid, it's been really good since it started coming down under Obama. With the current financial climate, though, we'll see if that holds. If interest rates don't start at least leveling off, I fear the economy will only continue to slow and unemployment rates will start going up again as a result. But that's my fear, we'll see where it actually goes.

I could go on. I have great personal feelings about the Chips and Science Act. I mean, perhaps people don't want to invest in this and not produce more STEM jobs for the next generation, but maybe I am just weird to like this.

Yeah, that does sound really good.

My personal feelings are in line with trying to make progress on gun reform like has happened. I think that's good. I believe the rights of all are "trying" to be protected - I like that too.

This was a tough discussion for us to get through before, I think moreso from an emotional standpoint than anything else. But ultimately we both agreed that additional gun legislation is needed. I'm certainly for that.

Need more?

How about the reform to the Electoral Count Act? I see that as progress to an ever changing electorate. My personal feeling is that is good for the health of this country. 

What do you think of these items?

To be really honest, I'd need to do a lot more research into the pros & cons because I'm not really up on the topic, but that's something I just don't have time for right now.

Edited by rajncajn