[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie George

spain

The Titans approached Eddie George about restructing his contract this year. He is scheduled to make a $4.25M base salary this year. After what happened to Randel Godfrey last year, George refused to do so. The Titans Cannot keep him unless he agrees to re-do his deal. He could be released come June 1. As a Titans fan, I hope they do jettison Eddie. He has way too many miles on his wheels. He has No explosion at the point of attack. He can never elude the 1st tackler. He has lost a couple steps.

I hear they will cut him if he cannot work out a contract. Would have been a good fit in Wash where Gibbs turns old rbs into HoFers. Oh well.

chris brown baby!!! Keeper owner. I do hope he walks for that reason only. I would think he needs a new environent. No prodcution in the last few in Ten. I don't see that changing..

Yeah, Eddie is on his last legs.

Great career, but everything has to end some day; who knows, maybe he'll catch on somewhere and rise, Ottis Anderson-like, from the ashes after a couple years.

George is now only a shell of what once was a great back. Just like Emmitt Smith, he can no longer live off past glory.

The NFL is a cruel business.....use you up and then discard the remains. Eddie is a goner!

Mad Mike

Sure...I have to tell ya....I hate the Titans...But if Titan fans think Chris Brown is the answer...your on crack!!! 3.9 yards a carry and zero Td's is brilliant...oh...how about Robert Holcombe? His 3.2 yards per carry and 1 Td are even more eye opening! Maybe for one second you might think the O-Line is a terrible run blocking line...how about McNair stealing about six..one yard Td's a year away from Eddie George...put Eddie George on any good team and he is a force...even on empty!

chainsaw:

Sure...I have to tell ya....I hate the Titans...But if Titan fans think Chris Brown is the answer...your on crack!!! 3.9 yards a carry and zero Td's is brilliant...oh...how about Robert Holcombe? His 3.2 yards per carry and 1 Td are even more eye opening! Maybe for one second you might think the O-Line is a terrible run blocking line...how about McNair stealing about six..one yard Td's a year away from Eddie George...put Eddie George on any good team and he is a force...even on empty!

I agree! And Earl Campbell has a few more years left in the tank too.. wink

Even as a #2 RB this last Fantasy Season, he was not worth the risk. I've been wondering how long they were going to hold on to this old dog. Definitely a great one, but time for the Titans to move on.

Lula:

Spain, who will they draft this year?

Well, they have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, after securing the Jets #2 for Justin Mccareins. They lost Robaire Smith DT to division rival Houston in fa, as well as, the much more publicized Kearse to Filthadelphia. DL will be a HUGH priority. In round 1 they will get the best DL on the board. However, if a Chris Perry type rb is there, and they know Eddie wont re-negoiate, they could go rb. They also will need to find a backup for McNair since Billy Volek is now testing the fa waters. OL is also a concern. I think DL will be taken with 2 of their first 3 picks..

This is old news. Eddie has been washed up for 3 years+ as Gak Attack showed. The lowest rushing average for any starting RB and getting paid like a Pro Bowler he's been ripping the Tit's off for a while. Now they want to take off the rose colored glasses and cut him........... :D doah

i keep hoping that one of you will eventually get something right. George WILL be back with the Titans next year, with his paycut. Is anyone else going to take him?? Will he have a shot to get major carries anywhere else?? Would anyone else pay him?? Neither do I see the Titans letting him be disgraced by actually having to find out that nobody wants him. He'll be back in blue for as long as he can stomach to keep playing.

• 11 months later...
i keep hoping that one of you will eventually get something right.  George WILL be back with the Titans next year, with his paycut.  Is anyone else going to take him??  Will he have a shot to get major carries anywhere else??  Would anyone else pay him??  Neither do I see the Titans letting him be disgraced by actually having to find out that nobody wants him.  He'll be back in blue for as long as he can stomach to keep playing.

11250[/snapback]

Seahawks21: March 2004. :D:D