[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who should be more worried in Week 15?

myhousekey

Who should be more worried about this matchup?

FF owners of the Ravens defense or FF owners of Manning (or Edge, Harrison etc..)?

576230[/snapback]

I have the Ravens D and they are studs but to be honest that week is week 1 of my playoffs and unless I get the bye Im worried about that matchup bigtime..Ive had a ton of offers for Ravens D and I may entertain some just for that reason..

Week 15 Peyton owners (most should be in the playoffs) will be plenty worried about this on paper and GOOD GOD at what we will hear from all the "expert analyst" on TV..

Then Peyton will go out and throw 4 TDs and 225 yards and I bet Sallsbury sp? will forget every thing he said about the Ravens D and go knees first for Peyton!!

Week 15 Peyton owners (most should be in the playoffs) will be plenty worried about this on paper and GOOD GOD at what we will hear from all the "expert analyst" on TV..

Then Peyton will go out and throw 4 TDs and 225 yards and I bet Sallsbury sp? will forget every thing he said about the Ravens D and go knees first for Peyton!!

576453[/snapback]

I have a gut feeling that after a fantastic fantasy season, Manning will let me down week 1 of the playoffs against the Ravens..

however...he plays at home...and on primetime...and the Ravens don't have a deep secondary...so this might be pretty nasty, especially since this is the best the Colts offense has looked...ever..

I am a manning owner and at first i was really worried, however, seeing the way the offense is preforming, I expect Manning to have a good game. I'm not expecting 4 or 5 tds, but I think there's a great chance for 2-3 tds.

Also, Baltimore will be coming off back to back home games vs cincy and the Gmen, and Kc was able to beat Baltimore at home 27-24 so I expect a solid game from P.

I have a gut feeling that after a fantastic fantasy season, Manning will let me down week 1 of the playoffs against the Ravens..

however...he plays at home...and on primetime...and the Ravens don't have a deep secondary...so this might be pretty nasty, especially since this is the best the Colts offense has looked...ever..

576510[/snapback]

I had Manning last year and although he is on another planet this year last year he was a stud as well and he got me Zero points in week 2 of the playoffs..ZERO.It just goes to show that you never know.

I like Peyton at home against the Ravens D (or any D for that matter). No current D has the depth to match up with Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Pollard, and Clark with Edge out of the backfield. That's ridiculous! The Ravens have some players no doubt on the defensive side of the football (Lewis, Ed Reed, McCallister, etc.), but they also play in a division where teams emphasize the run and have less than stellar pass offenses (Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh -- none of those teams are passing juggernauts). When you examine the Ravens schedule, they've had a lot of cupcakes on offense (Buff, Wash, Clev 2x, Jets w/o Pennington) which helps pump up their nos. even more. The Chiefs have a great O-Line and thoroughly dominated the Ravens on MNF, so it can be done. And lets not forget that even the likes of Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Mark Brunell have shredded the Ravens D for 300+ yards and multi-TD games in years past, even when the Ravens D has been at or near the top of its game.

I don't think the Ravens D stands a chance! These guys lose games all the time against teams that not only don't have a Peyton Manning, they don't have a Peyton Manning with a Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Pollard, Clark, and that Edge guy.

The Ravens D has lost games focusing on one guy in an offense...LOL! :D

I like Peyton at home against the Ravens D (or any D for that matter).  No current D has the depth to match up with Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Pollard, and Clark with Edge out of the backfield.  That's ridiculous!  The Ravens have some players no doubt on the defensive side of the football (Lewis, Ed Reed, McCallister, etc.), but they also play in a division where teams emphasize the run and have less than stellar pass offenses (Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh -- none of those teams are passing juggernauts).  When you examine the Ravens schedule, they've had a lot of cupcakes on offense (Buff, Wash, Clev 2x, Jets w/o Pennington) which helps pump up their nos. even more.  The Chiefs have a great O-Line and thoroughly dominated the Ravens on MNF, so it can be done.  And lets not forget that even the likes of Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Mark Brunell have shredded the Ravens D for 300+ yards and multi-TD games in years past, even when the Ravens D has been at or near the top of its game.

576617[/snapback]

but Kordell, Maddox and Banks(yea...he lit them up too) were all within the division...that should have an asterisk....but Brunell...that's just stuff that happens sometimes...

The Ravens D hasn't been nearly as effective on the road in our scoring system.

The best Ds Manning faced this year were @NE (274 total yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT) and @ Jacksonville (217 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT). Looking at those numbers, considering the Colts are home, and even if it is Baltimore, I'm not worried.

This Sunday vs. the Pats should be a good indication of how the Ravens D can hold up. I'm not comparing Brady to Manning, but I do think that the Pats offense has many weapons and the Ravens D will need to play a great game to contain the Pats offense.

...and as Irish Doggy pointed out, the Ravens are also on the road against the Pats, so we'll get a look at the Ravens D away from home.

Edited by justin

November 29, 1998 at Baltimore

Ravens 38 Colts 31

Manning 27-42 357 yards 3 TD 1 INT

Marvin Harrison missed this game with a seperated shoulder. Colts WR were Torrance Small (9-153 1 TD), Jerome Pathon (1 TD), and Marshall Faulk (1 TD).

December 2, 2001 at Baltimore

Ravens 39 Colts 27

Manning 27-48 310 yards 2 TD 1 INT

Edgerrin was out for the year with the torn ACL. Colt WR were Marvin Harrison (5-89 1 TD), Terrance Wilkins (5-61), Marcus Pollard (4-80 1 TD) , Ken Dilger (3-32), and rookie Reggie Wayne (3-11).

Manning's INT was returned 47 yards for a TD by Rod Woodson.

Dominic Rhodes rushed 16 times for 42 yards and had 6 receptions for 25 yards.

October 13, 2002 at Indianapolis

Colts 22 Ravens 20

Manning 30-40 284 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Ray Lewis missed this game with a seperated shoulder. Colt WR were Marvin Harrison (12-150), Qadry Ismail (5-54), Marcus Pollard (5-28 1 TD), Reggie Wayne (4-44).

Edgerrin James rushed 17 times for 43 yards and had 4 receptions for 8 yards.

This was the year after his ACL injury.

Edited by CaptainHook

This Sunday vs. the Pats should be a good indication of how the Ravens D can hold up.  I'm not comparing Brady to Manning, but I do think that the Pats offense has many weapons and the Ravens D will need to play a great game to contain the Pats offense.

...and as Irish Doggy pointed out, the Ravens are also on the road against the Pats, so we'll get a look at the Ravens D away from home.

577085[/snapback]

I've said the same thing...Brady runs alot of shotgun 4-5 WR sets...

Manning has enough depth to run max protect with a TE and go 3 WR and 1 RB in shotgun formation...and should barely be hit at all..

• 3 weeks later...
I think Manning gets his 3 TDs and around 250 yards... he'll go for the record this week since the Colts are at home, and making their last national TV appearance until the playoffs.  Plus I'm thinking he wants to show that it doesn't matter what defense he's playing against, he can shred them...

610554[/snapback]

exactly....I often wonder if Manning half assed this week so he can break the record on national TV and primetime at that....against what might be one of the best defenses.....

Ravens will re-live the Patriots game...if not worse...and I don't care as long as Heap can get 100 yds and 2 scores...while Manning does alot of connecting to Harrison...