[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congratualations Pittsburgh Steelers

Skippy

If the Colts get knocked out of the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh.   :D

607515[/snapback]

Thanks Bill, but as good as the Colts have been playing I could see them going pretty far in the playoffs.

:D

edited to add:

Personally I would love to see another Colts / Steelers AFC Championship game. What a game it would be to see the Steelers D vs the potent Colts O.

Edited by max

Pittsburgh is playing great ball right now ... they have everything working ... but :gasp: do miss Burress.

Looking at the AFC there are some teams that are clearly standing out ... Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis and San Diego.

I'd be hard pressed to pick anybody against the Steelers right now.

I really was not at all impressed with the Steelers today, other than the most important fact, which is of course, that they won. Two bad, awful calls really changed the game.... the first D pass interference call on Buckley that led to the FG, and the holding call on Becht that nullified Jordan's long run into the red zone that killed a very good long drive. The Jets heretofore the second least penalized team in the NFL had 12 flags thrown on them in the first half alone. The Jets outgained the Steelers, and beat themselves more than being outplayed.

If the Jets make the playoffs, I would rather see them go back to Pitt over going to NE or Indy. Before this game, even though I made a sig line bet I didn't think the Jets could win at Heinz.... now, I hope for a rematch, given the other options of the Pats or Colts.

I really was not at all impressed with the Steelers today, other than the most important fact, which is of course, that they won. Two bad, awful calls really changed the game.... the first D pass interference call on Buckley that led to the FG, and the holding call on Becht that nullified Jordan's long run into the red zone that killed a very good long drive. The Jets heretofore the second least penalized team in the NFL had 12 flags thrown on them in the first half alone. The Jets outgained the Steelers, and beat themselves more than being outplayed.

If the Jets make the playoffs, I would rather see them go back to Pitt over going to NE or Indy. Before this game, even though I made a sig line bet I didn't think the Jets could win at Heinz.... now, I hope for a rematch, given the other options of the Pats or Colts.

607642[/snapback]

:violin:

Rovers - I hate to tell you this but that is Steeler football. They are all about playing physical, (more physical than any other team, IMO), football and taking the other team out of their game. It happens all the time with the Steelers and it reminds me of that old saying that goes something like 'it wasn't pretty but it is a win'. You watch this team week after week wear the opposition down then pound away in the trenches. This team makes a living out of taking the opposing team out of their game.

Having said all that, I very much think that the Jet’s played a solid game. The mistakes certainly did kill them. The Steeler offense was having major trouble getting in gear. I am afraid that until Burress is back and the threat to go deep is better established there will be much more of the same.

However, I am still very impressed with Big Ben overall. He is not doing many things to hurt the team which is the big knock on being a rookie QB and when he needs to he can air it out very efficiently.

One thing we do agree on. Bettis throwing that TD was a brilliant call. The Jet’s had everyone upfront trying to hold the Bus back and were completely sucked into that one.

Skippy, you have certainly seen the Steelers more than I have, and the Jets try to do the same thing... until this game they had shut out opponents in the second half for three games in a row. What hurt the Jets was all the penalties in the first half, it cost them a lot of possesion time, which is the key reason, or best way to wear another team down. I'd love to see a rematch.... with Burress and Abraham playing. 3-3 into the fourth quarter is Jet football too, these two teams use the same formula. In a rematch Pennington's arm strength should be back as well.

I'm not saying Pitt isnt a very good team, not at all, but I do think the Jets can beat them now at Heinz, where before today I didnt think so. As I expected, Cohwer outcoached Edwards today. Edwards is a great motivater, but not a very good game coach. Now, I must go buy some spackle! :D:D

As I expected, Cohwer outcoached Edwards today. Edwards is a great motivater, but not a very good game coach.

607674[/snapback]

:D That's funny. Your description of Edwards is the exact one I would give of Cowher. Cowher is letting his coordinaters do their thing this year, which is why we're a lot better.