[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anybody else hate HTH in fantasy?

hindukid

When did he ever say EQUAL?  Why would he confirm something that he never said?  Baffling.

615468[/snapback]

Evidently you're not fully aware that Grits will argue that black is white and up is down if he's in the mood. Evidence to the contrary is to be ignored.

:D And you better not freakin' disagree, OK?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has maintained this all along ... or have you guys not read anything?

615563[/snapback]

I've read every single post - he maintained this "all along"? That post you quoted was from a few hours ago and it's the only time he ever used the word "equal" (and please note that he qualified it with a "basically"). Since the beginning of the thread, however, he has used phrases like "similar abilities" and "similar potential" - you have conveniently ignored these, though.

It's always funny to see people with a complete inability to admit when they're wrong - I see them all the time and you're a dime a dozen.

as mentioned in a couple of posts earlier, the key is in the way the payouts are distributed. No matter if you have H2H or all play, the key is to structure your payouts as to keep teams involved. A good league structure/payout schedule will do that. In our Keeper League, it is 10 teams and the top 8 teams playoff starting week 14. We decided to have a "Draft Bowl" for teams 8 and 9 to give them something to play for in week 14 for the next season...winner gets pick their draft slot for the next year. Guess who ended up 9th in losing a tiebreaker. Make it fair, it might be you. :D

Most people like this HTH system, but I think it just adds way too much luck.  Opinions?

613855[/snapback]

I like a set up where its H2H, and the top 6 records make the playoffs ... joined by the two remaining teams who have scored the most points of those not ranked in the top 6 records. That helps keep "unlucky" teams fighting for playoff spots.

I think it H2H mirrors reality in the NFL. Each week, somebody mediocre beats up on San Francisco with an effort that wouldn't have won elsewhere while somebody much stronger is getting beaten by New England, despite putting out an effort that would have won many other matchups.

I like H2H simply because in a Total Points League there is always a few owners who are out of it by the mid-season point.

In my league last year I was the 2nd Highest scoring team and I didn't make the playoffs, (missed by 1 Game)

but the 2nd Lowest scoring team made the playoffs due mainly to matchups. His efficiency rating was actually over 90% mine was only around 82%.

So in terms of "coaching", or playing the right guys, he did much better than I did so in my opinion he deserved the playoffs more than I did.

Then this year I prepared my lineups each week with much more scrutiny. This time I was THE highest scoring team and I made the playoffs and my efficiency rating was 89+%.

There is obviously a lot of luck involved in H2H but there is also a lot of luck involved in Total Points.

But there is also strategy involved in H2H where you can try and neutralize an opponent, especially in the WR position. A few weeks ago I faced the Manning owner in my league and I had Harrison going so I knew that everything Harrison caught would cancel out those points from Manning. That was the game when Harrison had 3 TD's so I definiteyl neutralized manning that day.

613995[/snapback]

Ok, Ok

:D:DB):D:DB):yay::moon::moon::moon::yay::yay:

I play both ways in my leagues and I prefer the HTH. There's isn't the same passion in the simple pts game. Plus the smack talk is half the fun in the HTH. If I win it all I am sure I will enjoy the money more than the smack talk, but it brings a whole new enjoyment to the game when you can shut your buddy up with some smack talk.

I don't like HtoH in one sense - your record is determined partly by a random variable, points against, which can be frustrating. Kind of like playing roulette or any other game of chance. However, I think that is more than made up for by the rivalries created by head-to-head competition, especially in a keeper or dynasty league. I've been in a dynasty league with the same group of guys for a long time, so we've developed some rivalries which make head-to-head more fun.

But, if I'm playing in a re-draft league with people I don't know that well (such as an internet-based league), I'd just a soon play total points scored as opposed to HtH.