[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For you weather watchers out there

Marauders11

I was flipping through channels at half-time and just caught The Weather Channel's Sunday Football Forecast run through-

2 interesting/relevant notes-

1. -1 wind chills in Chicago- the dude said the coldest day in Chi-Town for a game in 10 years.

2. The guy also said (and I quote) "100% chance of a snowball fight in The Dog Pound"- about 15 degrees for a high and accumulating snow throughout.

Hope this helps...

I was flipping through channels at half-time and just caught The Weather Channel's Sunday Football Forecast run through-

2 interesting/relevant notes-

1. -1 wind chills in Chicago- the dude said the coldest day in Chi-Town for a game in 10 years.

2. The guy also said (and I quote) "100% chance of a snowball fight in The Dog Pound"- about 15 degrees for a high and accumulating snow throughout.

Hope this helps...

619403[/snapback]

Confirms what the weathermen were saying all week. I was just hoping they were gonna be wrong.... :D

Here, let me turn this into a KICKER thread B)

My 2 kickers are Kris Brown (Texans) or Phil Dawson (Brownouts)!! needless to say, I haven't been getting many points from either this year and today willbe nastier than usual..

OK, end of that thought ::D

Didn't it say 8-12 inches of snow in Cleveland, will LT2's hammy hold up in cold nasty weather? I did see the hi-light where he broke free but couldn't score last week.. I like LT because he looks like a team first guy.. Maybe it gets so cold today that mole on Brees' face falls off

:D

Here, let me turn this into a KICKER thread B)

My 2 kickers are Kris Brown (Texans) or Phil Dawson (Brownouts)!! needless to say, I haven't been getting many points from either this year and today willbe nastier than usual..

OK, end of that thought ::D

Didn't it say 8-12 inches of snow in Cleveland, will LT2's hammy hold up in cold nasty weather? I did see the hi-light where he broke free but couldn't score last week.. I like LT because he looks like a team first guy.. Maybe it gets so cold today that mole on Brees' face falls off

:D

619681[/snapback]

poor brees would'nt be so fortunate. B):D:D

Loaf, ya wanna grab a tape measure and go out and see how deep it is for me please? :D

Think it is going to let up or stay snowing all day?

619723[/snapback]

while you're at it, taiste the snow and check it for dextairity and texture. :D

it's been snowing all morning here. and it's veerry cold

619705[/snapback]

What about the wind gusts? How bad are they? Thats all that im concerned about as far as Brees is concerned. We all saw the Raiders and Broncos on that Sunday night when it snowed....Collins had a pretty good game and Plummer was able to throw also. It was snowing and cold, but the wind was not very bad.

What about the wind gusts?  How bad are they?  Thats all that im concerned about as far as Brees is concerned.  We all saw the Raiders and Broncos on that Sunday night when it snowed....Collins had a pretty good game and Plummer was able to throw also.  It was snowing and cold, but the wind was not very bad.

619750[/snapback]

I'm on the 9th floor of my apt and the gusts up here are heavy. I also live right up the street from the stadium on the lake, so I'm getting the same weather the stadium's getting. it's still coming down and still very cold and windy

Edited by loaf

weather:

14 degrees

20-30 mph wind gusts

-4 wind chill

619825[/snapback]

All that info and yet you refuse to walk down 9 measly floors and measure the depth of the snow. I just don't understand your hesitation in doing so, especially in light of the fact that if it ever snowed here I would do that for you. :D :oldrazz:

Looks like it will be a great day for football in the East and Northeast. Lot's of wind everywhere from the sounds of things.

All that info and yet you refuse to walk down 9 measly floors and measure the depth of the snow. I just don't understand your hesitation in doing so, especially in light of the fact that if it ever snowed here I would do that for you. :D :oldrazz:

Looks like it will be a great day for football in the East and Northeast. Lot's of wind everywhere from the sounds of things.

619861[/snapback]

Lots of snow out there. :D You could measure the mud though.

These storms seem like Great Lakes snowbelt storms, at least the east coast and KC were better last I heard.

In bitter cold weather like this I always felt the only "players" that benefit are the defenses. I am guessing the cold won't help LT's hammy, but may help Gates, although I think he would be better off in decent weather as well.

One of my opponent has.... Blitz, anyone.... yep, San Diego, a pickup just for this week, so hopefully the Cleveland offense can do something, but I'm not betting on it.

I wish the Lions didn't have the dome as we too would have an old school December NFC Central type of game as it's bitterly cold here in Detroit with some wind, although I think it has calmed down a bit from last night. But no use in talking about a non factor.

Good Luck to all. December FF is much different then September FF, that's for sure.

Cuyahoga is currently under a lake effect snow warning through tonight. Highs in single digits (although a bit warmer right now), 4-6 inches, NW winds 20-30 with higher gusts. Typical LE squalls, although colder than normal. This forecast will hold if wind continues at 340ish. If it were to veer more WNW, then the snows would move east of Cleveland more into the Erie area. No signs of a big change in the snow band orientation right now.

NWS Cleveland Radar

In bitter cold weather like this I always felt the only "players" that benefit are the defenses.

619932[/snapback]

I'm all over the San Diego D this weekend. :D

I am guessing the cold won't help LT's hammy, but may help Gates

619932[/snapback]

I'm also playing Gates and with the wind, the short passing game looks to be his & LT's.

Worth noting, it doesn't hurt that Gates has snagged 20-30 extra tickets for friends and family since he graduated fron Kent St. and this is a homecoming game of sorts for Gates. I'm sure he wants to have a good showing and I don't see either Marty or Brees having a problem making sure to get him a few extra looks, depending on the flow of the game :D