[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who got ROBBED out of a Pro Bowl spot?

CaptainHook

OK Balzac if that is the reason Brady makes it over green, why doesnt Big Ben make it over Brady??  Lets look at the #s...

Brady: 3202 yards, 24 tds, 13 INTs, 90.3 QB Rat., 12-2 record

Big Ben: 2400 yards, 15 tds, 10 INTs, 96.3 QB Rat, 12-0 record

:D  :doah:  :D

628581[/snapback]

Take it easy - I never said I dig the reasoning. That said, Brady's numbers are better than Big Ben's. 800 more yards, 9 more TDs, higher QB rating - seems pretty clear to me.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Balzac if that is the reason Brady makes it over green, why doesnt Big Ben make it over Brady??  Lets look at the #s...

628581[/snapback]

Not to mention Ben has completed 65% of his passes where Brady has completed only 60%

628581[/snapback]

If we want to go simply by #'s than Green should be the 3rd AFC QB. If you want to go by record and KNOWN person than Brady gets it over Green and Big Ben. No disrespect to Ben but NO way should he be in the pro-bowl. When I watched NFL Live last night and they were saying Ben or Brady I was saying why does Green not get mentioned. Again W L record should mean NOTHING in this situation. And Ben does NOT have pro-bowl numbers he just doesn't.

Edited by giantsfan

And 2 more games played

628596[/snapback]

Great - we get the point. You have an irrational sweating problem when it comes to Roethlisberger. He's of the same ilk as Brady - his numbers just aren't as good yet.

Snap - and people around here complain about the irrational Pats fans when it comes to Brady . . . we've certainly seen some nutty Steeler fans around here of late who want Big Ben inducted in Canton yesterday.

Great - we get the point.  You have an irrational sweating problem when it comes to Roethlisberger.  He's of the same ilk as Brady - his numbers just aren't as good yet. 

Snap - and people around here complain about the irrational Pats fans when it comes to Brady . . . we've certainly seen some nutty Steeler fans around here of late who want Big Ben inducted in Canton yesterday.

628605[/snapback]

HAHA actually Im a Titans fan

Great - we get the point.  You have an irrational sweating problem when it comes to Roethlisberger.  He's of the same ilk as Brady - his numbers just aren't as good yet. 

628605[/snapback]

That I agree with. Look I don't know what Ben will be but man he has a great WR core, a great OL, a great running game, and a great D. Can we settle down on him a little. He has 15 TD's in TWELEVE games. And 10 ints.

Edited by giantsfan

Green  YDS 3860 CMP% 66.4 YPA 8.43 TD 24 INT 12 QB rating 99.1

HANDS DOWN BEST #'s of the 3

628608[/snapback]

Hey I dont disagree with you. I think Ben and Green should both be in it over Brady. I agree Green should be #3 but he said record has a lot to do with it so I simply asked why Big Ben didnt make it over Brady, having a better record, QB Rating, and Comp. %

Green  YDS 3860 CMP% 66.4 YPA 8.43 TD 24 INT 12 QB rating 99.1

HANDS DOWN BEST #'s of the 3

628608[/snapback]

I'm not arguing that - I think Green is easily the #3 QB in the AFC this year. One thing that may have come into play - time of voting. Green's stats have really been padded due to his huge games these past few weeks . . . most peeps probably voted before these games/stats had accumulated. I'm stunned that Drew Bennett didn't make the pro-bowl, but I think his streak just came too late in the year - Green may have hit the same timing-wall.

HAHA actually Im a Titans fan

628611[/snapback]

That's not a good thing - now you have no rational explanation for sweating Roeth so hard . . .

Hey I dont disagree with you.  I think Ben and Green should both be in it over Brady.  I agree Green should be #3 but he said record has a lot to do with it so I simply asked why Big Ben didnt make it over Brady, having a better record, QB Rating, and Comp. %

628618[/snapback]

I hear you. Bottom line is not only is it a joke IMO that Green isn't the # 3 what's even a bigger joke is that last night on NFL Live they talked about Ben possibly being the 3rd guy and agreed that Brady should be there over Ben, but not even ONE mention of the clear # 3 guy and that's GREEN.

I'm not arguing that - I think Green is easily the #3 QB in the AFC this year.  One thing that may have come into play - time of voting.  Green's stats have really been padded due to his huge games these past few weeks . . . most peeps probably voted before these games/stats had accumulated.  I'm stunned that Drew Bennett didn't make the pro-bowl, but I think his streak just came too late in the year - Green may have hit the same timing-wall.

628622[/snapback]

Fair point. Green had 3 TD's this past week while Brady had 2 TD's and 4 ints so take that game out and I guess you could say Brady even though I still think Green should get it even without this past weekend's #'s. Bottom line is Brady got the nod for ONE reason. It isn't because of record, or because he plays for NE, he got it because he's TOM BRADY period. And that is UNFAIR.

Edited by giantsfan

:D it's a popularity contest people so it doesn't have to make sense.  Don't some of you have Class President elections to fret over?

628632[/snapback]

Class President? Been almost a decade since I've even been eligible to vote for anything like that.

Fair point. Green had 3 TD's this past week while Brady had 1 TD and 4 ints so take that game out and I guess you could say Brady even though I still think Green should get it even without this past weekend's #'s. Bottom line is Brady got the nod for ONE reason. It isn't because of record, or because he plays for NE, he got it becuase he's TOM BRADY period. And that is UNFAIR.

628634[/snapback]

I'm not sure you can separate "TOM BRADY" from the record and where he plays. If the Pats were 5-9 right now, he wouldn't be "TOM BRADY" - he'd be Tom Brady, QB of the 5-9 Pats. He gets a lot of unjust props for being a "great field general" for a great team. Wait and see - if the Pats O skids next year w/o Weiss, all of the Brady/Montana talk will disappear real quick.

I'm not sure you can separate "TOM BRADY" from the record and where he plays.  If the Pats were 5-9 right now, he wouldn't be "TOM BRADY" - he'd be Tom Brady, QB of the 5-9 Pats.  He gets a lot of unjust props for being a "great field general" for a great team.  Wait and see - if the Pats O skids next year w/o Weiss, all of the Brady/Montana talk will disappear real quick.

628644[/snapback]

I think for just this year you can. Meaning he is Tom Brady already because of what he has done the past 3 years in winning 2 titles. So if NE was 7-7 instead of 12-2 THIS year I still think Brady would unjustly get in because he's Tom Brady winner of 2 of the last 3 SB's. What I think is an interesting question is do we think Brady is over rated? He doesn't have the #'s, but he wins, but he also plays on a great TEAM in every sense of the word. Or does he really have some special IT. I don't know the answer but I think it's a fair question to ask.

Edited by giantsfan

I think for just this year you can. Meaning he is Tom Brady already because of what he has done the past 3 years in winning 2 titles. So if NE was 7-7 instead of 12-2 THIS year I still think Brady would unjustly get in because he's Tom Brady winner of 2 of the last 3 SB's. What I think is an interesting question is do we think Brady is over rated? He doesn't have the #'s, but he wins, but he also plays on a great TEAM in every sense of the word. Or does he really have some special IT. I don't know the answer but I think it's a fair question to ask.

628655[/snapback]

I certainly think he's overrated. I'm not high on his skills and he hasn't shown me anything special thus far. There's something to be said for "his" winning SBs, but I don't think "he" won them at all. He just held steady and didn't eff up too much.

If anyone on the Pats should be in the pro bowl, it's Corey Dillon - how he got negged while Brady got the nod, I'm not sure.

Dillon, sure. He got screwed. But I think it's INSANE how Harrison get's f'd out of the Bowl every year. That show's how it's just a popularity contest.

628680[/snapback]

Rodney Harrison is a cheap shot/late hit artist who deserves the snub ever year. If the guy would just play the game instead of being a complete crybaby jack-a$$, he'd be on the team every year. He's a great player.

Then why does Lynch get in?

628705[/snapback]

I don't think of Lynch as a guy who is out to cheap shot people. Plus, he doesn't cry like a girl every time a call goes against him. Harrison is probably the best tackler I've EVER seen. But he goes over the top sometimes, and has pissed off a lot of coaches, players, and fans.