[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who got ROBBED out of a Pro Bowl spot?

CaptainHook

Indy Star is reporting Manning, Edge, Harrison, and Freeney all made it.

Reggie Wayne, if he's not there, got robbed. Marv leads the AFC with 14 TD's. Wayne is second with 11. Wayne is fifth in yardage. Robbed. I am anxious to see who got in ahead of him.

I also think it is about time that a Colt offensive lineman makes it. They block for the top QB, the second leading rusher, and have allowed the fewest sacks. Year after year, that is the case, and year after year, none get to go. Center Jeff Saturday and LT Tarik Glenn are first alternates this year, but c'mon.

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way should Hines Ward be going ahead of Reggie Wayne.  No way.

Hines Ward 75 receptions 972 yards  13.0 avg.  4 TD

Reggie Wayne 71 receptions 1059 yards 14.9 avg. 11 TD

626465[/snapback]

Well, Reggie IS a product of his system to a certain extent and Hines DID play something like four games without Burress. I still think that Reggie deserved it more, but it's close, IMO.

The guy who REALLY got cheated out of a spot was Bettis. Of course, I realize that there are MANY AFC RBs that may be more deserving (LT, C-Mart, Edge), but to do what Bettis has done this year at his age is amazing. I hope that he at least gets an alternate slot.

Well, Reggie IS a product of his system to a certain extent

626657[/snapback]

It's funny that, I agree, to a certain extent he is a product of the system. But, the argument is that Manning has "all those weapons" and that's why he has such good numbers. Which is it?

Donnie Edwards. LB - SD Chargers

The turn around for the Chrgers D is even more impressive than the accomplishments of the O. Keeping the game close has been the big difference from last year to this!

4 picks, 1 TD, and a force on the field!

Jimmy Smith got hosed. Too bad Bennett's hot streak came so late - he's atop all AFC WR stats, but he gets snubbed as well.

Ward should not be in there.

The Freak didn't make it. i think he got robbed

The guy who REALLY got cheated out of a spot was Bettis.  Of course, I realize that there are MANY AFC RBs that may be more deserving (LT, C-Mart, Edge), but to do what Bettis has done this year at his age is amazing.  I hope that he at least gets an alternate slot.

626657[/snapback]

You know it's sad but even as a Steeler homer I didn't give Bettis the props that he deserves. I'm not sure if he should have been voted in but I do think he deserves one of the alternate slots.

Good call, Swerski.

You know it's sad but even as a Steeler homer I didn't give Bettis the props that he deserves.  I'm not sure if he should have been voted in but I do think he deserves one of the alternate slots.

Good call, Swerski.

626849[/snapback]

Let's be serious here - Bettis is a feel good story, but he by no means deserves a pro bowl slot . . . or even an alternate for that matter. He was primarily a goal line back, who then took over for a few games (and has done so again) and has done pretty well as a fill-in. He isn't even averaging 4 ypc! Other RBs who deserve alternates more than he = Dillon, Rudi Johnson, Fred Taylor . . . even Droughns.

Let's be serious here - Bettis is a feel good story, but he by no means deserves a pro bowl slot . . . or even an alternate for that matter.  He was primarily a goal line back, who then took over for a few games (and has done so again) and has done pretty well as a fill-in.  He isn't even averaging 4 ypc!  Other RBs who deserve alternates more than he = Dillon, Rudi Johnson, Fred Taylor . . . even Droughns.

626885[/snapback]

I couln't agree more. No way does the Bus deserve Pro Bowl this year.

The guy that got shafted from my viewpoint is S Ellis, he deserves to go over Abraham at DE. Eliis is better against the run and almost as good at QB pressures. The other guy form the Jets I'd like to see in there is Dwayne Robertson. The guy is frankly, nearly the heart of the Jets D this year. Great QB pressure numbers for an interior lineman, and super solid on the run D. Look for him to make it next year. Sure was glad Curtis wasn't overlooked. :D

A little off subject, but LT was absolutely jobbed last year.  About time we see his name on that list. :D

626917[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of rewarding guys for past accomplishments like that, but the 16 TDs are hard to argue with . . .