[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who got ROBBED out of a Pro Bowl spot?

CaptainHook

I'm not a fan of rewarding guys for past accomplishments like that, but the 16 TDs are hard to argue with . . .

626923[/snapback]

Agreed, and I think he deserved it on the merits of this season as well. Had the best RB in the game (umequiocally, IMO) not made again this year, the Pro Bowl would be meaningless (at least moreso than it already is).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, and I think he deserved it on the merits of this season as well.  Had the best RB in the game (umequiocally, IMO) not made again this year, the Pro Bowl would be meaningless (at least moreso than it already is).

626942[/snapback]

I'm a Pats fan and all, but Dillon does have in the neighborhood of 200 more rushing yards and only 4 fewer TDs, with a better ypc average. Only knock against Corey is his lack of receiving yardage. You ask me, Dillon, LT and Edge are on the same level. C-Mart is slightly above them this season.

I never believed he would make it this year, but the best linebacker on the Bears, Lance Briggs, did get robbed out of a spot this year IMO. He puts together another year like this, and doesn't get in, it would be a major crime. By far, he was a better performer than Brooking and Washington...but it is what it is.

Nice season Lance.

Tackles/Solo's/Assists/FR/INT/Sacks

Briggs, Lance CHI LB 188 94 17 0 0 0

Brooking, Keith ATL LB 171 74 15 1 2 2

Brooks, Derrick TBB LB 202 92 24 0 1 3

Washington, Marcus WAS LB 167 76 17 1 0 3

Edited by gilthorp

I'm not a fan of rewarding guys for past accomplishments like that, but the 16 TDs are hard to argue with . . .

626923[/snapback]

My God! The guy has 1,600 yards from scrimmage AND scored the TDs!

Forget last year (he got jobbed)! This year merits a trip to the Islands on its own merits!

What more do you want from the kid? All he has to do is come close to this and last year's production next year nad he will have done what no other back has done in his first 5 years in a few categories :D

I feel retarded for even feeling that 2 philly players were snubbed since half the starting roster went

Westbrook and Kearse....

Westy played better than Green IMO...and Kearse may not have double digit sacks...but he causes havoc every single play and is half the reason 3 of our 4 players in the secondary made it....

maybe I would take out trotter?....since he only started half the season... :D

My God!  The guy has 1,600 yards from scrimmage AND scored the TDs!

Forget last year (he got jobbed)!  This year merits a trip to the Islands on its own merits!

What more do you want from the kid?  All he has to do is come close to this and last year's production next year nad he will have done what no other back has done in his first 5 years in a few categories  :D

626966[/snapback]

1. the original post seemed to imply that he deserved the nod at least in part b/c of what happened last year - that's what I was commenting on.

2. for sh!ts and giggles - Dillon has 50 fewer total yards on 40 fewer touches. Give him another 40 touches and he'd eclipse LTs yardage totals and probably net another 2 TDs. I think Dillon deserves the nod over LT, but that's the homer in me talking . . .

No way should Hines Ward be going ahead of Reggie Wayne.  No way.

Hines Ward 75 receptions 972 yards  13.0 avg.  4 TD

Reggie Wayne 71 receptions 1059 yards 14.9 avg. 11 TD

626465[/snapback]

There must be at least 3 or 4 receivers that should play over Ward. What a joke.

I couln't agree more.  No way does the Bus deserve Pro Bowl this year.

626889[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. But you can't take away the fact that at his age in the NFL he's done a great job for the way he's being used. He was also a good fill in for Staley.

Antoine Winfield..simply amazing football player. The general public may not have an appreciation for someone on the Vikes' defense, but there's no one quite like this guy in the NFL. Leads the Vikes in tackles, ST tackles and INTs, and shuts down some of the best receivers in the game. Will knock out Tight ends and full backs twice his size, and makes some of the most amazing tackles you'll ever see.

And he gets passed over for Dre freakin' Bly? I hope he gets his due one of these days.

Steeler homer here, and I was VERY surprised to see Hines get in this year. As many have said, there are a few other receivers that deserve his spot (Wayne, J. Smith). He's still one of the best and if we were playing pickup football on the playground, he would be my #1, but I agree that he should not be in the Pro Bowl this year.

No way should Hines Ward be going ahead of Reggie Wayne.  No way.

Hines Ward 75 receptions 972 yards  13.0 avg.  4 TD

Reggie Wayne 71 receptions 1059 yards 14.9 avg. 11 TD

626465[/snapback]

I would much rather have Ward on my team for his blocking and all around team play than Wayne for his numbers. Wayne should be there imo, but not at the expense of Ward.

Antoine Winfield..simply amazing football player. The general public may not have an appreciation for someone on the Vikes' defense, but there's no one quite like this guy in the NFL. Leads the Vikes in tackles, ST tackles and INTs, and shuts down some of the best receivers in the game. Will knock out Tight ends and full backs twice his size, and makes some of the most amazing tackles you'll ever see.

And he gets passed over for Dre freakin' Bly? I hope he gets his due one of these days.

627277[/snapback]

I agree....I thought he was going to make it...

I couln't agree more.  No way does the Bus deserve Pro Bowl this year.

626889[/snapback]

If one considers that the AFC is stacked with stud backs (LT, C-Mart, Dillon, Edge), he certainly doesn't deserve to be a starter. However, I see no reason why he couldn't at least be CONSIDERED for an alternate spot. He's 33 years old, didn't start the season as a featured back, yet still has 824 rushing yds, 13 TDs, and ZERO fumbles lost. Oh, and his team has the best record in the AFC, thanks largely their power running game.

IMO, Bettis is a hell of a lot more deserving this year than perennial studs like Priest, Lewis, and Taylor.

Rodney Harrison got robbed, big time.

He should have made it over Lynch.

Harrison

Gm.....TK......PD....SK....FF....INT

Lynch

Gm.....TK......PD....SK....FF....INT

If the argument is that Harrison plays closer to the line and therefore has more tackles, why does he have more pass deflections and interceptions than Lynch?

Edited by Patsfan04

If one considers that the AFC is stacked with stud backs (LT, C-Mart, Dillon, Edge), he certainly doesn't deserve to be a starter.  However, I see no reason why he couldn't at least be CONSIDERED for an alternate spot.  He's 33 years old, didn't start the season as a featured back, yet still has 824 rushing yds, 13 TDs, and ZERO fumbles lost.  Oh, and his team has the best record in the AFC, thanks largely their power running game.

IMO, Bettis is a hell of a lot more deserving this year than perennial studs like Priest, Lewis, and Taylor.

627650[/snapback]

Maybe stick the bus in there as the fullback.

If one considers that the AFC is stacked with stud backs (LT, C-Mart, Dillon, Edge), he certainly doesn't deserve to be a starter.  However, I see no reason why he couldn't at least be CONSIDERED for an alternate spot.  He's 33 years old, didn't start the season as a featured back, yet still has 824 rushing yds, 13 TDs, and ZERO fumbles lost.  Oh, and his team has the best record in the AFC, thanks largely their power running game.

627650[/snapback]

Are Priest, Lewis and Taylor going as alternates ahead of Bettis? If not, who in front of him would you sit for the Bus? I'm just curious.

He's having an amazing season, but what age the stats were compiled at is pretty much irrelevant to the Pro Bowl ballot. There's also no special weightage for doing well when you aren't expected to. The only bottomline is overall performance, and that's unfortunate sometime..but that's how it is.

Donnie Edwards, S. Ellis, R.Wayne and Dillon got hosed in the AFC (in Dillon's case, it was simply a #s game I think....as someone else said, you could make a case for Rudi, Droughns, and Taylor, too). I also think Tedy Bruschi is perhaps the most underrated/overlooked defensive player in the league, year in, year out. Again, there's a glut of fine LBs in the AFC – have they just written Ray-Ray's name in there for the next 10 years for fear he might kill them? :D – but Bruschi should at least be an alternate. He's the heart and soul of that defense, and while it's not as dominating as years past, it's still pretty d@mn tough.

Rod Coleman, DT, Falcons got jobbed. He was probably the Falcons MVP. when he was in there, the defense got all their sacks. When he was out, they did squat.

Not a glamorous pick, but I think he made the difference to one of the best Ds in the NFC.