[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington May Be Cut...

Puddy

I cannot believe the Lions would give up on him yet.  It would be foolish.

651890[/snapback]

I bet Parcells is pumped at this news. Despite his troubles, Harrington is twice the QB that Henson is as this time -- and half as old as VTest. He could be the Dallas starter and do quite well next year.

This topic was not created to suggest Harrington will be cut (although several huddler's seem to have drawn that conclusion from it).  It was to point out that there seems to be disharmony within the Lions organization about what to do with that position.

651460[/snapback]

Strange, considering you titled it, "Joey Harrington May Be Cut..." :D

It doesn't look good:

Lions | Harrington Receives Vote of Confidence (from KFFL)

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:08:48 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions team president Matt Millen and head coach Steve Mariucci called QB Joey Harrington Wednesday, Jan. 12, and reassured him there was no truth to the speculation that he would be released.

Vote of confidence = the kiss of death. It's usually with coaches and owners but could apply here.

I just heard Mariucci on the radio down here in the ATL pimping some Ameriquest Mortgage Super Bowl contest and they asked him about Harrington.

He said that it was total BS and that he had no idea where the rumor came from. He went on to compare Harrington to David Carr. He said their career statistics were alarmingly similar and that both players should get much better next season.

I am not crazy about Harrington, but the Lions could do much worse.

A Few Good Men: Starring the guy that wroted the Joey cut article.. Tom "killer" Kowaslki

Killer: You wan't answers?

Lionsfanatic: I think we're entitled to them.

Killer: You want answers?

Lionsfanatic: We want the truth!

Killer: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! Folks we live in a world that has football teams. And those teams are reported on by men with sports columns. Who's gonna do it you? You Lionsfanatic? You weep for Joey and you curse the Ford's. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the Fords dont have a clue about winning championships, that Millen will never be a great GM, and Mooch is overrated, and while tragic... the organization will still make a lot of money.

And my exhistence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is to report and invent, if necessary, articles for you to read... You don't want the truth. Becuase deep down, in places you don't talk about at tailgates, you want me to write those articles. You need me to write those articles.

Killer: .....We live by a standard that you can't even phathum, we live by words such as , Speculate, Maybe, possible,... and these words mean nothing to you...

You people just don't know how to defend a football team. I cover the Lions with the very blanket of Lions cornbread I provide and you treat my articles like they are just another punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to justify myself to you. Who's going to improve the Lions if I don't point out their weaknesses and constantly complain about Terence Holt not starting? You, Freebird? You have no idea what it takes to stand a journalistic post. So until you have the journalistic notepad in hand and received reliable information from a source, I suggest you just read my articles or become a journalist. Either way, I don't give a *** what you think you're entitled to.

Lionsfanatic: DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED!?!?

Killer: You're *** right I did!

Loinsfanatic: We need to move to an Article writing session. The witness has rights.

Killer: I'm being charged with a crime? A crime?

Lionfanatic: Could you read the witness his rights?

Killer: I'm going to tear our your eyeballs and puke down your skull.

LionsFanatic: You're under journalistic arrest you SOB.

A Few Good Men: Starring the guy that wroted the Joey cut article.. Tom "killer" Kowaslki

Killer: You wan't answers?

Lionsfanatic: I think we're entitled to them.

Killer: You want answers?

Lionsfanatic: We want the truth!

Killer: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! Folks we live in a world that has football teams. And those teams are reported on by men with sports columns. Who's gonna do it you? You Lionsfanatic? You weep for Joey and you curse the Ford's. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the Fords dont have a clue about winning championships, that Millen will never be a great GM, and Mooch is overrated, and while tragic... the organization will still make a lot of money.

And my exhistence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is to report and invent, if necessary, articles for you to read... You don't want the truth. Becuase deep down, in places you don't talk about at tailgates, you want me to write those articles. You need me to write those articles.

Killer: .....We live by a standard that you can't even phathum, we live by words such as , Speculate, Maybe, possible,... and these words mean nothing to you...

You people just don't know how to defend a football team. I cover the Lions with the very blanket of Lions cornbread I provide and you treat my articles like they are just another punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to justify myself to you. Who's going to improve the Lions if I don't point out their weaknesses and constantly complain about Terence Holt not starting? You, Freebird? You have no idea what it takes to stand a journalistic post. So until you have the journalistic notepad in hand and received reliable information from a source, I suggest you just read my articles or become a journalist. Either way, I don't give a *** what you think you're entitled to.

Lionsfanatic: DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED!?!?

Killer: You're *** right I did!

Loinsfanatic: We need to move to an Article writing session. The witness has rights.

Killer: I'm being charged with a crime? A crime?

Lionfanatic: Could you read the witness his rights?

Killer: I'm going to tear our your eyeballs and puke down your skull.

LionsFanatic: You're under journalistic arrest you SOB.

653531[/snapback]

Very well done. A couple references are for us locals only (i.e. cornbread,), but very enjoyable.

For what it's worth (and I realize it isn't much), I believe the discussions took place. This doesn't mean the decision to cut him was made. Of course, unless they actually do cut him Killer can't prove jack...

Very well done.  A couple references are for us locals only (i.e. cornbread,), but very enjoyable.

For what it's worth (and I realize it isn't much), I believe the discussions took place.  This doesn't mean the decision to cut him was made.  Of course, unless they actually do cut him Killer can't prove jack...

653843[/snapback]

Nice. :D