[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots sign another cornerback

CaptainHook

Antuan wasn't wanted in a couple of places so I wouldn't expect too much from him. He was drafted by the Packers but didn't do that well there. Where was he next? Miami?

654971[/snapback]

I think you are thinking of Antuan Edwards...Harris was drafted by the Patriots out of Virginia..but Edwards is from the ACC too..Clemson I think

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the NFL rules for adding players in the playoffs?

For baseball, you submit a roster for each series.

Just not sure if Bill is signing these guys and adding them to the roster to help in future weeks. :D

Laughing stock? The Pats are 2nd in points against.

Edited by Patsfan04

i doubt youll see much or Moreland and Poteat..Moreland saw some time because Asante Samuel was banged up

Harris could see some time at safety..if they decide to stick Wilson on someone

If Seymour plays..my question is..do the Colts still double him..when healthy hes pretty much unblockable one on one...but Willie McGinest is capalbe of getting to the QB..Colts fans have seen what Jarvis Green can do...Ty Warren is no slouch

I also remember reading in TSN in the Scouts Views section about a month ago how impressed a scout was with the progress of Vince Wilfork...guy was saying how he might even vote for him for defensive ROY..and he had seen him dominate at times...

654983[/snapback]

There's no way Seymour is 100%. If he plays at 75% and does well, God bless him. I don't see anyway this depleted New England secondary is going to contain the Colts - sloppy field or not.

Now, understand - I have no axe to grind here. I'm a Jets fan, so I'll know my fate early Saturday night. If we lose (an event to which I assign about an 85% probability), I have absolutely no interest in the outcome of the Colts/Pats game.

If the Jets somehow pull off a miracle upset - I want to be in Foxboro next week. I know the Jets can at least stay close to New England. And, while it would take another miracle, they could have a chance at winning.

However, the Colts would hang a 50 - maybe even a 60 - on the Jets in Indy.

So - all else being equal - I'd like the Pats to win. But, I just don't see it happening.

If Seymour plays..my question is..do the Colts still double him..when healthy hes pretty much unblockable one on one...but Willie McGinest is capalbe of getting to the QB..Colts fans have seen what Jarvis Green can do...Ty Warren is no slouch

654983[/snapback]

I doubt they double him every play. The Colts have more of a zone blocking scheme, and they don't change it much. G DeMulling and C Saturday can handle anyone in the league. Rookie Jake Scott is better than Tupe Peko. He replaced him late in the year. Peko was the guy the Pats attacked last year. Any word if Seymour practiced today? He hasn't had very big games against the Colts, but I won't be upset if he misses the game.

I also remember reading in TSN in the Scouts Views section about a month ago how impressed a scout was with the progress of Vince Wilfork...guy was saying how he might even vote for him for defensive ROY..and he had seen him dominate at times...

654983[/snapback]

I haven't heard that anywhere else. I don't think I've heard much about him at all. The Colts rolled right over him in the opener. 200+ yards rushing. . .

I haven't heard that anywhere else.  I don't think I've heard much about him at all.  The Colts rolled right over him in the opener.  200+ yards rushing. . .

655026[/snapback]

Wilfork is a rookie, he has 42 tackles and 2 sacks, not bad for a nose who's job it is to take up space.

Being a rookie, I don't think he saw much action on opening night.

Also, Seymour might not have had the numbers against Indy, but he must have took on enough blockers to allow Jarvis Green 3 sacks last year in the confernce game. Green had 2 sacks last year and only has 3 sacks this year, so I am not sure where the outburst in that game came from.

I doubt they double him every play.  The Colts have more of a zone blocking scheme, and they don't change it much.  G DeMulling and C Saturday can handle anyone in the league.  Rookie Jake Scott is better than Tupe Peko.  He replaced him late in the year.  Peko was the guy the Pats attacked last year.  Any word if Seymour practiced today?  He hasn't had very big games against the Colts, but I won't be upset if he misses the game.

I haven't heard that anywhere else.  I don't think I've heard much about him at all.  The Colts rolled right over him in the opener.  200+ yards rushing. . .

655026[/snapback]

yes in the opener...the scout was talking about how much hes improved...ive saw the Colts double Seymour quite a bit last year...yeah I doubt every play..if you run a play away from him

Wilfork played quite a bit in the opener.

Like I said, they attacked Tupe Peko, a real weak link on the o-line that filled in at the end of the year due to injuries. I'm not slamming Seymour, he's awesome. I just don't see them getting the pressure up the middle like last year. They didn't get it in the opener, and now Seymour is probably out.

This game is going to come down to the Colts defense vs. Pats offense. Colts are almost competely healthy. No excuses this year. Although, the D played great in the AFC Championship, considering all the turnovers. They held Brady to 5 FG's and an end zone INT. Hopefully the Colts can get that kind of effort Sunday. Here's hoping the Colts defense is a pleasant surprise and keeps up their good play!

Edited by CaptainHook

When I said this. . .

Wilfork played quite a bit in the opener.

655037[/snapback]

. . .I was replying to this. . .

Being a rookie, I don't think he saw much action on opening night.

655031[/snapback]

Edited by CaptainHook

Seymour missed the team portion of practice again. It's not looking good . . . I'll have to watch the game with my hand constantly in the cooler to calm my nerves. It's sad that I'm getting nervous already. Crap.

This game is going to come down to the Colts defense vs. Pats offense.  Colts are almost competely healthy.  No excuses this year.  Although, the D played great in the AFC Championship, considering all the turnovers.  They held Brady to 5 FG's and an end zone INT.  Hopefully the Colts can get that kind of effort Sunday.  Here's hoping the Colts defense is a pleasant surprise and keeps up their good play!

655042[/snapback]

This is what I also think. :D

im flipping through old Sporting News to find that particular issue...but interestingly enough I stumbled across this in the same section in the October 25th issue

"Defensively I dont think the Patriots are going to be able to shut people down like they have in recent years. They ahve a good defense,but teams have been able to move the ball on them. They miss Ted Washington in the middle, although the young guy( rookie Vince Wilfork) is playing well. But they are real strong in the red zone".

Seymour missed the team portion of practice again.  It's not looking good . . . I'll have to watch the game with my hand constantly in the cooler to calm my nerves.  It's sad that I'm getting nervous already.  Crap.

655072[/snapback]

:D:DB):D:DB):yay::moon::moon::moon:

I am lookingf forward to seeing a little more of Bob Sanders, Hook. Is he going to be playing more than he did last week?

655089[/snapback]

They have a rotation going at safety. I'm not sure what to expect with Sanders, but the D plays SO much better with him in there.

not that anyone probably cares..I just wanted to prove to myself that I wasnt crazy

Scouts' views: Wilfork is top rookie defender

Story Tools: Print Email

/

Posted: 38 days ago

Observations and opinions from two NFL pro scouts, one from each conference:

The Patriots' Vince Wilfork is my defensive rookie of the year. He came in and has really made an impact inside on a Super Bowl-winning team. He's more of a run plugger, but he also gives you that strong inside push in passing situations. I've seen traits of dominance in his play. ...

not that anyone probably cares..I just wanted to prove to myself that I wasnt crazy

Scouts' views: Wilfork is top rookie defender

Story Tools:    Print    Email   

Posted: 38 days ago   

Observations and opinions from two NFL pro scouts, one from each conference:

The Patriots' Vince Wilfork is my defensive rookie of the year. He came in and has really made an impact inside on a Super Bowl-winning team. He's more of a run plugger, but he also gives you that strong inside push in passing situations. I've seen traits of dominance in his play. ...

655163[/snapback]

Indeed. I love that fat bastid. It's always amazing to see dudes that huge with feet so quick . . . he blows Ted Washington out of the water if you ask me b/c he can actually move.

Stick a Wilfork in the Colts, they're done...

I think Wilson moves back to Corner, and Harris takes his safety spot. He knows the Pats system fairly well. Troy Brown stays on offense only because they are going to need him more catching passes than batting them down.

I expect a high scoring game.

How many ways are there to spell Antwaan? Wow.

I am utterly surprised at the Colts fans overly confident manner. Reminds me of last year.

Me thinks both team's fans should be a little nervous.

LOL. I for one, was NOT overconfident last year. Or for the season opener. "Pessimsticly Hopeful" is more like it. This week, I feel better about the game, but it IS in New England, and, let's face it, the Colts play HORRIBLE there.

Antuan wasn't wanted in a couple of places so I wouldn't expect too much from him. He was drafted by the Packers but didn't do that well there. Where was he next? Miami?

654971[/snapback]

That was A. Edwards. He signed with Miami in UFA, was cut during the season and is now at St. Louis.