[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats, Indy

NSab

My brother and i were just talking. neither of us thought that Indy would get shut down by a ptachwork D fo new Englan. but once again Belichek and crew are making manning look very average at best so far. Propos to NE for another great gameplan.

My brother and i were just talking. neither of us thought that Indy would get shut down by a ptachwork D fo new Englan. but once again Belichek and crew are making manning look very average at best so far. Propos to NE for another great gameplan.

657096[/snapback]

Agreed. Pats look fantastic today. Beating the Pats will be more fun than beating the Colts would have been anyway. :D

Manning is playing fine.  NO INTs and Brady should've been picked twice!

657102[/snapback]

Just FYI, Peyton threw what "should have" been a pick in the NE EZ just before the end of the half.

Regardless, NEP holding the ball for 9+ minutes of the 3rd quarter went a long ways towards limiting the effectiveness of the IND offense.

Not over yet, though.

I think Belichek signed a deal with the Devil :D:D

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

657128[/snapback]

Here's to hoping :D for an all PA Super bowl.

Just FYI, Peyton threw what "should have" been a pick in the NE EZ just before the end of the half.

Regardless, NEP holding the ball for 9+ minutes of the 3rd quarter went a long ways towards limiting the effectiveness of the IND offense.

Not over yet, though.

657103[/snapback]

Lets not forget the McGinnest drop as well. It just goes to show you, many QBs can hit wide open receivers with the most weapons in the NFL on turf.

When he needs to thread a needle, take chances, and make it happen, he just doesn't seem to get it done.

:D

657139[/snapback]

Boy, I am curious to see how a rookie QB will fare against NE???

I think Atlanta will handle Philly and NE will take out Pitt.

My prediction- Atlanta vs NE in the Bowl.

I think it's a cheap out to blame the weather.

657193[/snapback]

Agreed. Weather had very little to do with that game. I thought maybe the Colts would overcome things this year, but the fact is the Patriots dominated them from beginning to end. The Patriots are a physical, well-rounded team. The Colts lack the ability to play a physcial, smash-mouth game.

I think it's a cheap out to blame the weather.

657193[/snapback]

I agree with that. The Colts WRs had a problem getting open for whatever reason, maybe the slower track ...maybe the no-names were covering them well, who knows. I see now that Foxboro has now become what Lambeau used to be for the Pack. The Pats earned their homefield advantage...and yes, for them it is a great advantage. Nicely done, and a great game plan. Maybe Belichick is a genius? :D:D

Edited by Hitman

I'm baffled by the Colt's offensive play-calling.  Not what it was all season.  Whether that is the Pats D, the Pats getting inside Manning's head, or a combination of both, I don't know.

657104[/snapback]

I think one thing you may be able to point to is the fact that Manning changes plays at the line of scrimmage before the snap after seeing a defenses set up; thereby being able to call a more effective play. NE seems to be very good at giving him looks that are misleading.

This is my point.  On Turf I think this is a huge mismatch.  In those conditions it turned out to be a mismatch the other way.  If Indy wants to get to the SB, they need to get homefield advatange thoughout the playoffs.  Its as simple as that,

657227[/snapback]

Could be, but I remember people saying the same exact thing when NE met St. Louis in the Bowl ON TURF.

To me, Manning is a great QB when he is throwing to wide open receivers, but is not commanding when he needs to fit the ball into tight places.

On at least 3 replays, he had an open receiver and failed to throw it while on the move. When he did throw it, Stokley was nearly out-of-bounds. Earlier in the route, Manning had him open with no Patriot within 5 yards and did not throw it.

Its more than the field!

I'll admit it. I thought this was the Colts year. After watching them rack-up points like there was no tomorrow. I had them in the SB.

Amazing, they choke again. Hats off to the Pats, I didn't think they had a chance.

With that said. There goes my SmackBowl Tube socks. As the Colts go, so does my SmackBowl team. :doah:

I think what we saw today was an Indy team that uses the pass to set up the run, not vice versa. When push came to shove and Indy really needed their run game to step up by itself, it simply couldn't, as it isn't built to function that way.