[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning Simply Doesn't Get It Done

giantsfan

To me his record breaking season is meaningless. As usual in big games Manning spits the bit. The Colts are a SOFT team mentally and physically period. Manning NEVER wins or plays well in the big games. His 3 playoff wins were against the awful Broncos at home twice and against the ZERO D Chiefs in KC last year. In college he lost all 4 times to Florida, and is it just a HUGE coincidence that the year after he left Tenn won the national title with TEE MARTIN at QB. The Colts are like bullies in junior high. They beat up on all the smaller kids, but when someone stands up to them they go away crying. Look at their numbers against top 10 D's and that is 100% FACT. Next year Manning will throw 50 TD's and on a given Sunday v Det will throw for 5 and Simms and ALL the other "experts" will say Manning is playing the position better than ANYONE ever, and I'll just laugh and say okay sure he is. How can he be the best player in the league when he comes up small EVERY time against good D's? And before any Manning guy says well loook at TOP all I'll say is this, Manning set a record for TD passes and QB rating, and yesterday his rating was 69, and he threw ZERO TD passes not to mention the fact he NEVER even went down field at all. So when he had the ball those 12 times he did NOTHING. He looked and played scared, and to me out of ALL the Pats losses this was the worst Manning has looked BY FAR #'s or not.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I see there is "blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah".

It's very simple. Peyton did not blow the game last night, just the same as Brady wasn't the one who won it. The Patriots defense is 1000000x better than the Colts - notice how the Colts couldn't touch Dillon or Faulk on the ground, while Edge got nowhere vs the Pats?

Put Brady on the Colts and Peyton on the Pats, and the Pats would still be 2 time champions and the Colts would still be a good team who just couldn't get it done.

It's very simple. Peyton did not blow the game last night, just the same as Brady wasn't the one who won it. The Patriots defense is 1000000x better than the Colts - notice how the Colts couldn't touch Dillon or Faulk on the ground, while Edge got nowhere vs the Pats?

Put Brady on the Colts and Peyton on the Pats, and the Pats would still be 2 time champions and the Colts would still be a good team who just couldn't get it done.

658019[/snapback]

Yep.

You Manning people don't get it do you. Did Manning play awfully or cost the Colts the game yesterday NO NOT AT ALL. BUT that isn't the issue here. He is THE BEST QB in the league, he set the record for TD passes, he set the record for for QB rating, he is better right now than ANYONE EVER at the position, and yet he did ZERO yesterday ZERO. You Manning people crack me up. Why can't ONCE you ever say you know what he has not gotten it done in big games that can't be argued. The year Young set the QB rating mark did he look like this? NO. Did Marino look like this? NO he went to the SB. GIVE ME A BREAK. The man is great but chokes in big games PERIOD.

And Edge did have 108 total yards in his bad game FYI.

But this is about Manning. He is NOT the best QB in the league. In BIG games there are a few QB's I rather have than him. On Sunday against Minny yes I'll take Manning but to win big games NO WAY would I want Manning.

658019[/snapback]

Funny how all the talk last week was the Patriots Defense was overrated. The vast majority thought that while Vandergagt was dumb for making his comments, what he said was 100% true.

How can it be 100% true, and but now this week, spew this stuff?

658019[/snapback]

yeah but I thought with both starting corners out and no seymour, the Pats were ripe for the picking?!??!!

How could the makeshift secondary stop the 49TD Manning?

Glad you all see it my way now...

I own you ALL!!!!!!!! The Steelers are the next to be embarrassed

I don't think the loss can be put strictly on Manning or even Dungy. The Colts are not a physical team. They tend to get *** slapped by physical teams in bad weather. If it wouldn't have been for Dwight Freeney the Colts would have lost to Baltimore earlier this year. Manning does not play well from behind either. I will give him credit for nutting up against the Chargers late though.

Funny how all the talk last week was the Patriots Defense was overrated.  The vast majority thought that while Vandergagt was dumb for making his comments, what he said was 100% true.

How can it be 100% true, and but now this week, spew this stuff?

658036[/snapback]

I never said the Pats D was overrated. I did think the Colts had a good chance to win. Of the 4 units on the field (2 O and 2 D), the Pats D was by far the best and that is what decided the game more than either QB.

You Manning people don't get it do you. Did Manning play awfully or cost the Colts the game yesterday NO NOT AT ALL. BUT that isn't the issue here. He is THE BEST QB in the league, he set the record for TD passes, he set the record for for QB rating, he is better right now than ANYONE EVER at the position, and yet he did ZERO yesterday ZERO. You Manning people crack me up. Why can't ONCE you ever say you know what he has not gotten it done in big games that can't be argued. The year Young set the QB rating mark did he look like this? NO. Did Marino look like this? NO he went to the SB. GIVE ME A BREAK. The man is great but chokes in big games PERIOD.

And Edge did have 108 total yards in his bad game FYI.

But this is about Manning. He is NOT the best QB in the league. In BIG games there are a few QB's I rather have than him. On Sunday against Minny yes I'll take Manning but to win big games NO WAY would I want Manning.

658033[/snapback]

Go ahead and think that. What has Tom Brady done without a dominant defense? Oh, right, a 9-7 record and no playoff appearance. :D

Well? Which is it going to be?

Did Manning play awfully or cost the Colts the game yesterday NO NOT AT ALL. 

658033[/snapback]

GIVE ME A BREAK. The man is great but chokes in big games PERIOD.

658033[/snapback]

I don't think the loss can be put strictly on Manning or even Dungy. The Colts are not a physical team. They tend to get *** slapped by physical teams in bad weather. If it wouldn't have been for Dwight Freeney the Colts would have lost to Baltimore earlier this year.  Manning does not play well from behind either. I will give him credit for nutting up against the Chargers late though.

658040[/snapback]

This is true. In NO way can the loss be put strictly on Manning or anyone it was a TEAM loss. But that isn't the issue here. The issue isn't whether Manning singlehandly lost the game or not, he didn't, the issue is why in big spots against good D's does the GREAT Peyton Manning never get it done. That's the issue. Not just one game yesterday.

Well? Which is it going to be?

658050[/snapback]

I think they go together perfectly. He wasn't awful yesterday but what I guess you don't get is for Manning just being not awful isn't NEARLY enough. When you are the BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, and playing the position better than ANYONE EVER just not playing awfully is choking as usual in the big game.

Edited by giantsfan

well said Giantsfan...

You can't agrue with the results of all these big games that Manning keeps "not winning"...

I refuse to think the Pats D is THAT good without Ty Law!  Cmon..

658062[/snapback]

It's not JUST the Pats D - don't forget, his own defense is AWFUL. They couldn't stop the Pats run game at all yesterday.

well said Giantsfan...

You can't agrue with the results of all these big games that Manning keeps "not winning"...

I refuse to think the Pats D is THAT good without Ty Law!  Cmon..

658062[/snapback]

Didn't seem too good without Law against Miami, Cincy, and KC to name a few.

Go ahead and think that.  What has Tom Brady done without a dominant defense?  Oh, right, a 9-7 record and no playoff appearance.  :D

658049[/snapback]

Doesn't Tom Brady have two rings between that 9-7 winning season?

Thats right!

Hmmm I guess you didn't see Palmer, Feeley, and especially Green tear them up this year without Law and Poole.

658071[/snapback]

Not saying no QB ever. Just saying that being beaten by the Pats defense is not something that's a unique occurrence. And mostly, the man has no semblence of his OWN defense.

Look at their numbers against top 10 D's and that is 100% FACT.

658012[/snapback]

Denver had a top 5 defense this year and last. So much for your "facts". To put it simply, the Colts cannot beat New England.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hmmm I guess you didn't see Palmer, Feeley, and especially Green tear them up this year without Law and Poole.

658071[/snapback]

And by the way, Feeley had 198 yards and ONE score. Palmer had 202 yards, two scores and one pick. Is that what you call 'tearing them up'?

It's not JUST the Pats D - don't forget, his own defense is AWFUL. They couldn't stop the Pats run game at all yesterday.

658067[/snapback]

Hey the Colts D is a JOKE against physical teams NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. But because his D is a joke means Manning throws ZERO TD's and has a 69 QB rating. Come on Dr. Look I'm sure you are a Colts fan or like Manning, but what I don't get is WHY is it so hard for Colts or Manning fans to just state the obvious. He DOESN'T get it done against good D's in big spots. This is not opinion or some ramblings from a Colts hater, I was actually rooting for them yesterday, this is a 10000% FACT. Look at the numbers in the pros and in college against good D's and you see it in black and white. Is it ALWAYS his D...or his team...or the other D.... Is it MAYBE possible for some reason in big games he freezes up and doesn't get it done. Come on now guys.