[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning Simply Doesn't Get It Done

giantsfan

Incredible numbers in the wins, no doubt.

Put up the numbers from his playoff losses, though.

His lowest qb rating of the year usually comes in the playoffs, look it up.

Playoffs how a player is defined in a "big game", thus the point of discussion in this thread.

When you look at those lines from the 2004 and 2005 playoffs, it makes the Pats performances stand out that much more.

I am so sick of hearing about the snow, I wish it was sunny and freaking 40 yesterday, because the results would be the same.

658176[/snapback]

Exactly. How did he do at Miami or at the Jets in the playoffs? Last time I checked those weren't in Foxboro.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16-29 256 yards 2 TD's a 93.5 QB rating

Better than Feeley, but again WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY below what we expect from the great best QB in the league better than anyone ever right now QB Manning. Compare his game in game out numbers to this game and it's NO WHERE close. Compare Feeley, or Green's, or Palmer's numbers to their game in game out numbers and they are way better. See the difference.

658180[/snapback]

So what you're saying is, since those 3 QBs did better against the Pats than Manning did yesterday, he's a choke artist? Even though:

2 of the 3 got to play at home.

2 of the 3 have a better defense than Indy's.

3 of the 3 didn't play in the cold and snow.

3 of the 3 didn't play in the playoffs, and 2 of those games were meaningless?

Wow. You sold me, what with your 'facts' and all.

What, you think AJ Feeley playing at home in Florida in a meaningless game isn't comparable to playing in New England in frigid, snowing conditions in a playoff game?  :D  :D

658177[/snapback]

Not even close, but my point is the Pats D with no CB's can't be looked at as wow what an unreal unbeatable D.

It strongly supports the notion that great defense carries more weight in the playoffs than anything else.

658161[/snapback]

Yes, but I am not sure it takes away from the skills of either player. You seem to want it to take away from Brady's. Others want to take away from Manning's because his team loses in Foxborough.

The truth of the matter is that both QBs are very good. Manning is the best in the league, and Brady is top 5-10. I think that's enough to say.

The only reason to get down on Manning for yesterday is that he didn't put up best in the league numbers. I know it's not completely his fault. All I have tried to point out is that he can't be absolved, either.

16-29 256 yards 2 TD's a 93.5 QB rating

Better than Feeley, but again WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY below what we expect from the great best QB in the league better than anyone ever right now QB Manning. Compare his game in game out numbers to this game and it's NO WHERE close. Compare Feeley, or Green's, or Palmer's numbers to their game in game out numbers and they are way better. See the difference.

658180[/snapback]

Maybe his numbers would have been better if Edgerrin didn't fumble twice in the red zone. But once again, I don't think you knew that. And that game compares to SEVERAL games Manning had this year. The San Diego game. The Baltimore game. The Tennessee game. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

The only reason to get down on Manning for yesterday is that he didn't put up best in the league numbers.  I know it's not completely his fault.  All I have tried to point out is that he can't be absolved, either.

658186[/snapback]

Agree completely.

Yes, but I am not sure it takes away from the skills of either player.  You seem to want it to take away from Brady's.  Others want to take away from Manning's because his team loses in Foxborough.

658186[/snapback]

No, I don't want to take away from what Brady does. He's VERY good. I'm just sick of all the East Coast "pundits" using the "he has more rings" argument to support their case that their home-town boy is BETTER than Manning.

The truth of the matter is that both QBs are very good.  Manning is the best in the league, and Brady is top 5-10.  I think that's enough to say.

I think that Brady's more of a Top 5 guy than Top 10. As I said before, he's quite good.

The only reason to get down on Manning for yesterday is that he didn't put up best in the league numbers.  I know it's not completely his fault.  All I have tried to point out is that he can't be absolved, either.

Agreed. He certainly didn't have his "A" game yesterday. It was more like his "B-" game. I think it's fair to say that the Colts offense, as a whole, played poorly yesterday. And most of that blame goes on the WRs and TEs. Guys like Manning, Edge, Tarik Glenn, and Jeff Saturday had "decent" games, IMO.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Maybe his numbers would have been better if Edgerrin didn't fumble twice in the red zone.  But once again, I don't think you knew that.  And that game compares to SEVERAL games Manning had this year.  The San Diego game.  The Baltimore game.

658189[/snapback]

Again, talking about the fumbles.

Dion Branch muffed a punt in deep in the Pats end, which ending up being one of Edgerrin's fumbles, so that is a wash (for 1 of James' fumbles).

Again, talking about the fumbles.

Dion Branch muffed a punt in deep in the Pats end, which ending up being one of Edgerrin's fumbles, so that is a wash (for 1 of James' fumbles).

658201[/snapback]

you know, you should read the post I am replying too before you rush to judgement. I didn't say it was the reason they lost the game to New England. giantsfan asked why Manning's numbers weren't "great" in the Week 1 meeting. I was simply pointing out that there were several missed scoring opportunities, as compared to other games. Get a clue.

you know, you should read the post I am replying too before you rush to judgement.  I didn't say it was the reason they lost the game to New England.  giantsfan asked why Manning's numbers weren't "great" in the Week 1 meeting.  I was simply pointing out that there were several missed scoring opportunities, as compared to other games.  Get a clue.

658207[/snapback]

If he didn't fumble, James scores on at least one of those plays.

I guess I should get a clue, because I am not sure how a "TD James - 1 YD Rush up the Middle" helps a QBs numbers.

Edited by Patsfan04

I guess should get a clue, because I am not sure how a "TD James - 1 YD Rush up the Middle" helps a QBs numbers.

658215[/snapback]

"TD Manning to Harrison - playfake" sure would have.

7 points to your team in a tight game would have helped to win, too.

I guess I should get a clue, because I am not sure how a "TD James - 1 YD Rush up the Middle" helps a QBs numbers.

658215[/snapback]

Actually, he wouldn't have scored. He was down at the one. And we all know Manning loves those one yard TD tosses.

Edited by CaptainHook

you know, you should read the post I am replying too before you rush to judgement.  I didn't say it was the reason they lost the game to New England.  giantsfan asked why Manning's numbers weren't "great" in the Week 1 meeting.  I was simply pointing out that there were several missed scoring opportunities, as compared to other games.  Get a clue.

658207[/snapback]

Actually I do 100% remeber that. I also seem to remember Manning getting picked off at the goal line. Do you remember that or no?

Actually I do 100% remeber that. I also seem to remember Manning getting picked off at the goal line. Do you remember that or no?

658237[/snapback]

Yeah, he threw one pick in that game. What is your point? (Guess what? Brady threw a pick too!)

Alright, I am moving on to this weeks game.

The bottom line is the Pats beat the Colts in Indy last year, which in turn gave the Pats home field advantage against Indy.

The Pats beat the Colts this year at home, on a warm night, which in turn gave the Pats home field advantage against Indy.

The Pats are 4-0 against the Colts in the last 2 years.

End of story.

Yeah, he threw one pick in that game.  What is your point?  (Guess what?  Brady threw a pick too!)

658240[/snapback]

No you missed my point. You said Edge fumbled and then acted as if I didn't know that. So I said yes Edge did fumble which I knew, but Manning also threw an int at the GL as well.

Edited by giantsfan