[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potential Noreaster in Philadelphia on Sunday

Hugh-mongus

Right now, forecasts are just calling for snow showers late Saturday and Sunday. A local meteorologist was just on 610 WIP saying that right now computer models are leaning towards a Noreaster developing that could potentially bring big snow to the Philadelphia area on Sunday. Still too early to tell, but this could be interesting.

I will assume the weather in Pittsburgh will be similar?

659483[/snapback]

Probably similar, but the Steeler game is later, so it could be worse if the snow is falling throughout the day Sunday. I think the snow does little in the AFC games as these are the two most physcial teams in football and both teams will handle it well. I think it gives an edge to the Falcons in the NFC title game.

I just feel sorry for the Falcons fans who might be in attendence...I mean after they win and knock Philly out for the FOURTH straight year, they might actually be killed..

...but then again, I guess they should have known better than to go to the game.

:D

659476[/snapback]

True Dat!

I will assume the weather in Pittsburgh will be similar?

659483[/snapback]

Could be. I'm not sure since they are further from the coast by a couple hundred miles. It could be nothing, but it could bring high winds and heavy snow. I don't like what this could do to even this game out, but it sure would be fun to watch.

When has being outdoors EVER benefited a DOME team let alone in the SNOW??

659493[/snapback]

When one team, the Eagles, has trouble stopping the run, and the other team, the Falcons, depends less on the pass.

Hey this weekend can be summed up in one word:  PATS

P hilly

A tlanta

T he Champs

S teelers

Sorry, I was procrastinating at work.

659705[/snapback]

:D .............did u get those TPS reports done? :D

When one team, the Eagles, has trouble stopping the run, and the other team, the Falcons, depends less on the pass.

659693[/snapback]

The Eagles have trouble stopping the run?

Please clarify-

In the last 6 games of the season that the "regulars" played (throw out weeks 16 & 17 when they were riding the bench) and since they inserted J. Trotter in the middle- The Eagles have allowed 83.5 yards per game on the ground and during that same span have allowed one TEAM to eclipse the 100 yard total rushing mark. They also allowed a whopping 3 rushing TD's.

Stop listening to Merril Hoge for your information. The Eagles had trouble vs. the run in four of their first eight games which really came to a head in the loss at Pittsburgh. After that game the coaches got together, made some major adjustments and line-up changes and the problem has been clearly fixed.

The Eagles do not have trouble stopping the run. In fact they are very effective at it.

Please clarify-

In the last 6 games of the season that the "regulars" played (throw out weeks 16 & 17 when they were riding the bench) and since they inserted J. Trotter in the middle- The Eagles have allowed 83.5 yards per game on the ground and during that same span have allowed one TEAM to eclipse the 100 yard total rushing mark. They also allowed a whopping 3 rushing TD's.

Stop listening to Merril Hoge for your information. The Eagles had trouble vs. the run in four of their first eight games which really came to a head in the loss at Pittsburgh. After that game the coaches got together, made some major adjustments and line-up changes and the problem has been clearly fixed.

The Eagles do not have trouble stopping the run. In fact they are very effective at it.

659913[/snapback]

You beat me to it, Marauders. I was going to reply to this ridiculous statement in the exact same way. :D

Please clarify-

659913[/snapback]

O.k. I take back my statement, sort of. The numbers show that they improved against the run as the season went on. In watching their games, I still think they are apt to get beaten by a power running game and they still give up huge chunks of yards on the run at times. The Rams ran right through them on their first drive and I think most of the starters were in on that first season (could be wrong though.) If they make the Super Bowl, we will find out quickly that they still cannot stop the run, regardless of who they play, however, this is just my opinion and prediction.

I've been told we're not doing the TPS Reports anymore.

And the Pats are better than the Steelers who are (slightly) better than the (TO-less) Eagles who are better than the Falcons. All are good. But in a big game Belichick is the best, Cowher is uneven at best, Reid is gaining a Marv Levy rep, and Mora is a happy go lucky question mark. $ on PATS. Easy for me to say? Hardly, I'm a Bills fan. I hate/respect/am sick of/and fear the PATS every year in this era.

But they'll win it again. And then I'll wait for the Sabres. And wait and wait and wait... (and that doesn't include lockout time.)

When has being outdoors EVER benefited a DOME team let alone in the SNOW??

659493[/snapback]

Yeah that one confused me too. So they are a running team, now all of the sudden they have the advantage on the road in the snow? :D

Yeah that one confused me too. So they are a running team, now all of the sudden they have the advantage on the road in the snow? :D

660405[/snapback]

Obviously I understand the confusion, but I truly think if it snows, it will benefit the Falcons this Sunday. I know that is big time against conventional thinking. I like the Falcons ability to run in the bad weather and stop the run in the bad weather better than the Eagles. The passing games will be held up due to the weather. That is my thought, I realize it goes against most conventional wisdom. Maybe I'm just a fool ? :doah:

It's now sounding like the bulk of the snowstorm is coming Saturday afternoon and overnight into Sunday morning. They said there still could be some light snow during the game, but heavy snow is not likely. Depending on what track the storm takes, we could get 4-8 or 8-14...too early to tell. Wind is going to be a bigger factor for game time. On the tail end of the storm, the wind is supposed to pick up to 15-20 sustained with gusts over 30 mph...Not good for the passing game (or kicking, obviously).