[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why the Eagles didn't run the hurry up...

Hugh-mongus

It has come out in the local media last night and this morning that Donovan McNabb was sick coming down the stretch in the game on Sunday. Apparently, they made an attempt at running the hurry up but McNabb was even unable to get the plays as they came in. At one point, they said Freddie Mitchell was getting the plays from the sidelines, because McNabb was unable to. McNabb was choking, trying to keep from throwing up and was having trouble breathing as they were making that last TD drive.

I've only gotten dribs and drabs to this point, but we'll see if anything further comes out in the national media in the next day or so. It's not like Reid or McNabb to let something like this come out, because it may seem to be an excuse as to why they lost.

The story kinda makes sense to me. There was a hit he took sometime in the 4th where he landed on his back pretty hard and stayed down for a while. I wonder if he suffered a concussion.

I figured this thread would become another McNabb-bash-fest.  I'm just relaying what they are reporting on local sports radio.

688786[/snapback]

I'm not bashing anyone. I also wouldn't make excuses, which is exactly what your post indicates. If he was ill, or choking, or whatever, they should have pulled him.

Word is that McNabb was sick because he suffered a serious concusion earlier in the game. If anyone saw the postgame news conference, he lip was smashed and very bloody.

He was not ill coming into the game. My Boys just put a serious hurt on him.

It will be very interesting to see how he fares going fwd when everyone starts usig 5 LBs to corral him.

No confirmation on anything yet. Concussion or sickness. Just that he was almost puking trying to hold it in. Could be nerves ( not good) or sick :D Doesn't really matter now.

If he sufferred a severe enough concussion to make him ill then he should have been pulled, plain and simple.

688803[/snapback]

There was no mention of concussion, that is purley fiction at this point.

Now they are saying that He had slight Flu symptoms on Saturday, and didn't want to leak the info. They need to talk to the medical staff, this is coming from Ruyan and the lineman at this point.

Yes, the concussion was speculation on my part.

688808[/snapback]

No i was referring to Ced1001, not you Hugh.

At this point, I guess this fact makes me not frustrated now. Just sad that NE was a better team this year, I hope they make it back next year because the Eagles will.

:D

McNabb will be McSick again next year and will McSuck again if the Iggles McMake it to the SB again.

688820[/snapback]

Maybe. I like Philly's shot better than Dallas.

Edited by NSab

If he sufferred a severe enough concussion to make him ill then he should have been pulled, plain and simple.

688803[/snapback]

Agreed. I can't imagine Andy Reid would let him stay in and risk an even more serious injury if he indeed had a concussion. Even the SB isn't enough to risk the long term health of your franchise player, and Andy knows that.