[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has "really" missed the NHL

johnsonk2

In all honesty, I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. My hockey fix is taken care of by watching the Gophers on Friday and Saturday, and I'm usually too busy during the week to be watching a hockey game anyways. On top of that, we're about a month or so away from the State High School Hockey Tournament here in Minnesota, and the sectional playoffs are starting up now for the boys, so there's plenty of hockey to be seen.

Now then, once the NCAA and high school hockey is over, there will be about a month or so lag time of nothing going on. Maybe I'll start wishing for hockey to be on then, but I've become so apathetic about the whole deal, I kind of doubt it. And now with the Twins signing Santana to a 4 year deal, baseball season should be fun to watch in Minnesota again for another year as well.

Most of my friends consider me a pretty solid hockey fan, and I always thought I was too, but the way this has all played out, I'm starting to wonder. If I'm feeling this way about the game, I can only imagine the downfall in attendance the league is going to see once they start playing again.

I've missed it.  Now that football is over, I will miss it more.  I do wonder if they have alienated too many fans (and they need more fans not less).  Here's some other responses to a similar question.

Link

698328[/snapback]

You should adopt NASCAR. :D

I missed it. A lot. My usual evening ritual during the hockey season would consist of multiple hours of watching games on DirectTV's hockey package. Now I have nothing. It's pretty much killing me.

698661[/snapback]

I hear you. The wife is happy about the DirectTV bill though.

I missed it. A lot. My usual evening ritual during the hockey season would consist of multiple hours of watching games on DirectTV's hockey package. Now I have nothing. It's pretty much killing me.

698661[/snapback]

I'm with you there Hugh.

Go 'Canes ?

I haven't missed the regular season so much, but I will miss the Stanley Cup playoffs.

699162[/snapback]

I have to agree here, there isn't anything better than watching playoff hockey between two hated rivals like the Avalanche and Red Wings, but ony if the Avs destroy the hated Red Army and their 'Ov' minions.

Haven't missed it one bit!

I actually love the fact that hockey highlights aren't littering Sportscenter now.

I'm with SeductiveNun in that the only hockey i need is the gophers and high school even though the area team got knocked out here last night.

SeductiveNun, what part of MN are you from?

Haven't missed it one bit!

I actually love the fact that hockey highlights aren't littering Sportscenter now.

I'm with SeductiveNun in that the only hockey i need is the gophers and high school even though the area team got knocked out here last night.

SeductiveNun, what part of MN are you from?

700934[/snapback]

Originally from Hibbing, now I live in the Twin Cities. Watching the sectional playoffs to see if my old Bluejackets can get in again, and hoping Tartan makes it a second year in a row as well.